Feng Shui fails to stop Thai Govt House 'ghosts'

webfact

I just wrote here that I have chased ghosts out of my usa homes. I explained. I said for you poisoned Westernized types not to make fun of Thailand due to your ignorance.

Then I cited Ronnie Reagan and wife as spirit believers and my computer blanked and my message disappeared.

I am trying again. wai.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and thai people can't understand why most of the world does not take them seriously .

May I remind you that the great and widely respected (not by me!) US president Reagan based many of his important decisions on his and his wifes medium/fortune teller.wai.gif

This was true, yes! Not to mention his claiming to have seen UFO's, and other things as well.

Personally, I think the Thai traditions regarding spirits are profound, going back to it's roots; generally unnoticed/disrespected by the likes one meets on TV forum most days, it seems. When I see farangs claiming to love Thailand so, but simultaneously showing zero interest in their culture, I think it's pretty obvious what aspects they do consider worth their attention. I for one, really enjoy having had a chance the last 5 years to learn about how Thais see the world; not ridicule them.

Not unreasonable comments BUT did it work? Apparently not - hence the "cynicism" shown by some.

A friend was having a difficult time getting his apartment security deposit back from the local owner until he mentioned to her he'd seen a ghost in the building and was concerned about other renters safety as they did not know. he got a quick refund.

• Like 2

UFOs, black magic, Feng Shui, what next? - Astrologers and next week we'll all be driving on the right!

Next week Thailand will be declared corrupt free, the Police will actually be paying drivers out of their own pocket money for driving legally, all Thai national parks will charge foreigners the same as locals, the blue diamond will be send back to Saudi Arabia, foreigners can own the business they put up all the money for to 100%, Thai Airways will kick out their old hags and employ sexy young girls as airhostesses and introduce fares lower than Air Asia and so on......

Corruption and laziness = rampant and understood why many long time foreigners make snide comments about it since it negatively affects our way of life in Thailand

Thai beliefs, including ghosts, religion, culture = these beliefs don't impact your lives right? What is somebody came to your country and started thinking that he or she can disrespect your culture based on the assumption that they spend money there and therefore can ridicule deep grounded beliefs?

Not trying to play the righteous card here but most normal Thai people have these beliefs and would be very disrespected by some of the comments here. And we wonder why they don't like us?

One day the dam will break and the ghosts will take over the asylum - be warned that day is coming fast and I for one don't want to be around with a multitude of substandard spirit houses when that happens. Time to bring in 9999 monks on a full moon night chanting for 999 minutes whilst all connected to each other with red string. It's a long shot but it might just work. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Like 1

Room capacity was sufficed at 45 microphones. Obviously Mrs. Ghost was there to take the other 44 through the door and hand them to Mr. Ghost, who could sell them, and thus increase his graft yet further. Good sob story effort, to gain sympathy before being moved to an inactive post, but to blame a ghost for corruption - that really insults ghosts! sad.png

Blaming a ghost for corruption------Where did you get that from ??????

<

Corruption and laziness = rampant and understood why many long time foreigners make snide comments about it since it negatively affects our way of life in Thailand

Thai beliefs, including ghosts, religion, culture = these beliefs don't impact your lives right? What is somebody came to your country and started thinking that he or she can disrespect your culture based on the assumption that they spend money there and therefore can ridicule deep grounded beliefs?

Not trying to play the righteous card here but most normal Thai people have these beliefs and would be very disrespected by some of the comments here. And we wonder why they don't like us?

Oh Puuleeeeezzzzee rolleyes.gif

So Spirits from 'the other side' that must come here because they are particularly troubled, will turn back, never to return because a guy has been in to rearrange plants and furniture more to their satisfaction rolleyes.gif And here was me thinking the next stage of our journey after this life was the next step towards a spiritual evolution aimed at a unification with the Universe itself, but I find we are destined to suffer an eternity obsessing with the arrangements of plants and furniture, and should we find these arrangements not to our liking we must reappear and terrorise the people of this world into forking out their cash to a man with a talent for interior design.

• Like 2

"What is somebody came to your country.............."

Well if it was the Dreamtime and the Rainbow Serpent he was rubbishing, we'd just smile and say let the poor silly buggers believe what they want. But he'd want to be very careful what he said about Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

• Like 1

Who ya gonna call? Call GHOSTBUSTERS! They'll get rid of all kinds of Ghosts, Apparitions, Demons, and paranormal beings. But wait! There's more. Guaranteed removal of all Ectoplasm sources and Slime or double your amount back. But wait! There's even more! If you call within the next then minutes, we will give you a set of Ginzu knives absolutely free along with your order! Just pay shipping and handling!Operators are standing by! Yeah, they need to call the GHOSTBUSTERS!

post-6579-0-90606400-1410880533_thumb.jp

OMGblink.png They really believe this nonsense too. They will spend more time (and money probably), worrying about this than actually doing their job.

FYI, last night was "Ghost Night" in Thailand. That's when the Ghosts supposedly come out and eat people. Serious stuff along with "Magic Black". Just part of Thai Culture and Beliefs. Last year, I watched a 100 year old shaman do his magical rituals on my better half. it was straight out of National Geographic. Palm Frond "Eiffel Tower looking structure built for the occasion" Blood ritual from a killed chicken, fire sand thrown out of his hand. Sang some chants with a sword on the back of her neck. Blew smoke into her face. Rolled a chicken egg around her stomach. Yep, all this to get a ghost out of her that was causing the stomach pain. Did it work? Nah........Great Show however. Never seen anything like it. The Shaman wanted 1500 Baht but I negotiated the service down to 1000 Baht. The next week, 4 days and 3 nights in a local hospital treating her stomach bacteria (From Food) with antibiotics did the job, for a price of 33,000 Baht. TIT!