Buy snooker que?

jacky54

Not sure where to post this but does anyone know anywhere to buy professional type snooker que in Bkk? We did go to a big snooker hall to ask but they tried to sell us a second hand one for 6k baht, the sort that unscrews, they said it was 10k new. Sports shops do not seem to stock them

The only place to go to is O Min in Min Buri.

Its located at the Min Buri market, right beside the klong where the bridge is where you do u turn to go back the way you came.

When you get to the klong, turn left, walk a few yards and the shop is on your LH side.

Take the # 27 bus, or tell a taxi driver to take you to, talat Min Buri.

The prices you have been quoted are BS.

I have had two custom made cues there, depending on your choice of wood, and if its a single cue or two piece will determine the price, a Blue Diamond tip will cost extra.

A fascinating day out, takes about 1 hour from walking into the shop, choosing your wood, then its taken into the factory, put on a lathe and turned, then the cue is finished off.

You will also notice the pictures of Ken Doherty etc etc on the wall.

Ref, ^^^^, hope these photos work out ok.

post-39258-0-52019100-1410537133_thumb.j

post-39258-0-09522700-1410537165_thumb.j

If the photos are crap, let me know and I will try and upload better focus/quality next time.

The above should be enough for any taxi driver to get you there, if coming from centre of Bkk allow about 300 baht for taxi fare.

Best bet is get the river boat to Wat Sri Bun Rueang at Bang Kapi then a taxi, a local taxi will know exactly where to go, straight up Seri Thai Rd, then hang a right at Min Buri Cross roads, straight down to the klong and drop you off, then you hang a left and will see the shop/factory.

Edited by rgs2001uk

The only place to go to is O Min in Min Buri.

Its located at the Min Buri market, right beside the klong where the bridge is where you do u turn to go back the way you came.

When you get to the klong, turn left, walk a few yards and the shop is on your LH side.

Take the # 27 bus, or tell a taxi driver to take you to, talat Min Buri.

The prices you have been quoted are BS.

I have had two custom made cues there, depending on your choice of wood, and if its a single cue or two piece will determine the price, a Blue Diamond tip will cost extra.

A fascinating day out, takes about 1 hour from walking into the shop, choosing your wood, then its taken into the factory, put on a lathe and turned, then the cue is finished off.

You will also notice the pictures of Ken Doherty etc etc on the wall.

What you say seems to fit with the general concensus in the business that O Min's are terrible cues. One hour from walking in and you have a "custom made" cue completed? Impossible, even the laquer would still be wet.

Have a look at www.snookerpoolthailand.com, or go to Fino Snooker Pattanakarn Road, the one I use is at Soi 35 or thereabouts, it's easy to spot they have a huge yellow sign on the main road. They've got a facebook page if you're into that stuff.

Two posts answered in one,

Impossible, even the laquer would still be wet.

I do not own or want a laquered cue, same as The Powerglide cues that were popular in the UK years ago.

My cues have a natural finish, polished with Pledge wood polish once a month.

Having been in Asia for the last 24 years i am well aware of the problems of laquered cues, but thats a personal preference.

From what I remember, Dino never had a cue factory in the old premises on Suk soi 71 (directly opposite the mosque).

They moved to Pattanakarn soi 31 a few years ago, never been in the new snooker house, I use Bunny on Pattanakarn 30.

My original staement stands true, the prices the OP was quoted are BS, head out to OMin and have a custom made cue for about 4-5,000 baht.

Mine is 58 inches in length, two piece, 16 ounce, with 10mm Blue Diamond tip.

Never had a problem with it or the other cue I had made.

What you say seems to fit with the general concensus in the business that O Min's are terrible

cues.

What business would that be, I am an end user, as are many of my Thai and farang friends that have had cues made there with no problems.

Why would O Mins cues be terrible?

I am all for criticism, as long as it is constructive, in what way are O Min cues terrible?

My first cue was made there 15 years ago and is still in regular use.

I have no interest in promoting a business on the side such as the link you gave.

I can offer no comment on pool cues, I dont play the game.

• Like 1