Foreign Rescue Volunteer / THANK YOU.

moonseeker

I know somebody who was in an accident and a foreigner volunteer helped out. I heard he was very good, with great "bed side" manners.

Yeah, I actually stopped a bit further down of the accident and watched the foreigner with a couple of Thai rescue guys taking very good care of the elderly man. This why I started this post. Impressed & grateful. There is some good souls in this egoistic world. clap2.gif MS>

• Like 1

Mick Streven was a well known figure in Pattaya for many years. He did a bit of heavyweight kick boxing and had a TV programme. Unfortunately, Mick's presentation and hard man looks were not to everyone's taste. His accent was not best suited to being aired nightly on television.

However, he has put a fantastic amount of time and resources to his ambulance/rescue type work. I have heard many good stories about him, even helping accident victims to avoid the high cost Pattaya hospitals and attending to their needs after the initial incident. He raised a pile of money for the Sawang Boriboon and I believe he converted his own vehicle into an ambulance.

He speaks fluent Thai and I have heard him sing Thai songs with a band in Hot Tuna in Walking Street. Looks like he is intimidating, but a really nice fellow. I heard he was back in Pattaya after a spell up country and I wish him all the best

+1 ! MS>