Do You Travel With Your Laptop?

LaoPo

My wife just bought a new laptop in China, but we're a bit concerned whether we should carry it around, sometimes maybe staying in bungalow-resorts and not-so-safe areas in Thailand ? :D

How would YOU advise? :o

thanks in advance :D

LaoPo

I travel often and leave my newer 17" laptop which I always use at home and only bring along my older 15" one abroad.Seeing the sights while lugging a laptop along with my camera and camcorder would be a chore on my shoulders so I leave the laptop back at my hotel.

Unfortunately most hotels don't have safe boxes large enough but many do allow one to keep it behind their front desk when one goes out.I always bring retractable cable locks just in case I can only lock my laptop to a radiator,bed,etc.I've been lucky so far and make sure your laptop doesn't have any sensitive information on it and always back up your files,programs,etc.

This is one lock that I have and it works great.

http://www.tamperseal.com/product_info.php...e15fcf9bed04ceb

I travel often and leave my newer 17" laptop which I always use at home and only bring along my older 15" one abroad.Seeing the sights while lugging a laptop along with my camera and camcorder would be a chore on my shoulders so I leave the laptop back at my hotel.

Unfortunately most hotels don't have safe boxes large enough but many do allow one to keep it behind their front desk when one goes out.I always bring retractable cable locks just in case I can only lock my laptop to a radiator,bed,etc.I've been lucky so far and make sure your laptop doesn't have any sensitive information on it and always back up your files,programs,etc.

Thanks for your advise! Much appreciated, but it leaves the problem, also with the 'locksystem', which we have, if one stays in a 'private' rented bungalow/house.

We're not sure yet what to do... :o

I suppose we can do without a laptop this time; I survived a LOOOOOoooooong time without one, so suppose 'can do' this time also... :D

LaoPo

Thanks for your advise! Much appreciated, but it leaves the problem, also with the 'locksystem', which we have, if one stays in a 'private' rented bungalow/house.

We're not sure yet what to do... :o

I suppose we can do without a laptop this time; I survived a LOOOOOoooooong time without one, so suppose 'can do' this time also... :D

LaoPo

Crime's not that high in Thailand....

Just hide it in the house so some opportunist burglar can't find it, and back up everything at home or an internet cafe so a pro burglar doesn't ruin your life.

Oh yes....don't wave it about!