Buy movie posters....where?

Hello all.....smile.png

Not often I write in here, admittely, mostly I read only but today I was wondering if anyone in here can help/advice me....... I surely cannot be the only one who wonder about where to can buy those movie posters that we look at in the cinemas...... ???

I did some Google work, BUT the sites that I found, was based in Australia and it turns out the shipping costs were almost 6 times the amount of the poster, so I changed my mind. When I wrote the shop to ask if any website in Thailand they said no........true or no ??? I would imagine that people who live here in Thailand would know MORE about Thailand and shopping than people in Australia who try to figure it out from there!

Any Bangkok shops....online-shops?

My reason is simply, I have this idea of surprising my son, who is a young boy that loves the "Planes" movie from Disney and now soon comes a new one, 2nd October...... named "Fire & Rescue". If not this is possible......could it be that any of your people out there knows someone who works in a cinema here in Thailand? I just wonder what the cinema do with the poster after they finish showing a movie.

Thanks!

Why don't you just go to one of the local cineplexes here and ask to speak to the manager? Tell him a nice story about your son and how happy this would make him. Thais are very family oriented and have a soft spot for children. I bet after one or two attempts you will run into a manager who has a little son or nephew and can relate to your story and will make this happen for your little guy.

• Like 1

All depends on how big a poster you want but I've picked up some window movie posters and large double page spreads from glossy magazines at the local DVD rental shop.

Asked them about a few movies i was interested in and they were more than happy to give me a few posters and magazines for free when they had finished with them. Which was fine for myself, but if your wanting something more urgent when a movie is first released, good advice from fstarbkk above.

wai.gif

EBAY is the go. I have been doing a bit of shopping on EBAY over the past year. The is not alot you can't get. Just go to ebay.com - in the search box (all categories), type in, movie posters fire & rescue - In the left column select parameters, Buy Now - Free Shipping - and - voila! All is revealed.

Best part is you don't even have to get off your a**e. The purchases are delivered to your door!

I have already checked this out and I think you will get what you are looking for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planes-Fire-Rescue-Bridge-Mini-Poster-40X50cm-200Gsm-Official-Disney-Film-/361047223308?pt=AU_Movie_Memorabilia&hash=item5410176c0c#shpCntId

And I don't get hit up for any extra Tax on delivery. A couple of times the postie has hit me for 7 Baht. Although not the same it seems if your purchase is from the US where I have previously been stung on delivery.

Some of the shipping costs are outrageous so always search with the 'free shipping' filter checked first.

The Chinese sellers offer alot of Free Shipping

I have been interior decorating and changing over my entire house to LED Lighting with Remote, Phone App and wifi controlled etc. They have a ton of gear, all the latest technology. Cheap, free delivery to my front door. No Tax. Gotta be happy with that,

You will need a paypal account though. This makes the whole process painless.