Military helps Thai woman get money back from 'friend'

webfact

Military helps woman get money back from 'friend'
KRIS BHROMSUTHI
THE NATION
BANG BUA THONG, NONTHABURI

BANGKOK: -- SWASVADEE SANGDUMPA, a resident in Bang Bua Thong district, told how the Damrongdharma centre helped her collect a debt from a former friend who still hadn't paid her after five years.

"I lend Bt100,000 to this person who was my friend about 5 years ago. She was in urgent need of money so I decided to help her |out.

"After a year she still hadn't paid anything back so I asked her to start paying back in instalments, she |then dodged calls and distanced herself.

"After a few years I went to her office and asked for my money, she agreed pay instalments of Bt3,000 each month," "I received Bt2,000 for the first two months, then nothing afterwards," Swasvadee said.

"I was advised against going to the police because it was not a criminal case; therefore they were not likely to take it.

"Finally I heard of the Damrongdharma centre so I decied to go and ask for help two days |ago.

"I told them the name and workplace of my debtor, after two days I received a call from a military official saying that she agreed to pay the full amount by December.

"The operation was very effective because the district chief delegated the task to military personnel who contacted the debtor by phone and acted as a mediator.

"I really appreciated the help from the Damrong-dharma centre because I have a lot of financial responsibilities and was desperate to get that money back after so many years."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Military-helps-woman-get-money-back-from-friend-30243282.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-15

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the Army properly employed in the defence of the Nation. A trained, lean mean fighting machine would be ready to take his own life when given his next posting to the Damrong-dharma centre! "Sergeant Somchai, although we need your fighting skills to help combat the terrorism in the South, we have a priority posting for you to help housewives get their money back they stupidly leant to friends over 5 years ago."

Debt collectors normally turn up with brass knuckles but this lot pulls into your driveway in a tank!

Will they be wearing crash helmets with the VERY dark visors ?

• Like 1

Glad to see the Army properly employed in the defence of the Nation. A trained, lean mean fighting machine would be ready to take his own life when given his next posting to the Damrong-dharma centre! "Sergeant Somchai, although we need your fighting skills to help combat the terrorism in the South, we have a priority posting for you to help housewives get their money back they stupidly leant to friends over 5 years ago."

Debt collectors normally turn up with brass knuckles but this lot pulls into your driveway in a tank!

Will they be wearing crash helmets with the VERY dark visors ?
No. That's the cigarette butt patrol.

I suspect there will be many more requests to the army ,to help

get loans repaid from "friends",in Thailand no one wants to repay

loans,they will avoid you at all costs.friends and family are the worse.

regards Worgeordie

Spot On Geordie.

Shortly after moving into my house nine years ago my landlady's sister asked if I could help her, it wasn't much so I did.

A little later she tried again and I couldn't help. Since then she asks every so often but the terminology changed very quickly from ' help ' or ' loan ' to GIVE.

• Like 1

what a delightfully pleasant planted piece of populist propaganda.

Agree with you.

What is this Damrong-dharma stuff any way ? I read something about it in an other news paper. It seems they start to promote this organisation, I never heard about it before but I've been here less than a year so there are many things that I still don't know ...

Edited by JohnnyJazz

If this story is true, the military will be busy in the near future working on a a few million similar cases..

sounds to me like nonsense...

This is exactly why Yingluck did not win the heart of Thai people.

Her police forces only take bribe and did nothing.

Prayuth's army is different.

They sincerely work toward the happiness of Thai people.

No bribe needed, yet diligently work for the real Thai people.

Agree with you.

What is this Damrong-dharma stuff any way ? I read something about it in an other news paper. It seems they start to promote this organisation, I never heard about it before but I've been here less than a year so there are many things that I still don't know ...

In simple terms it is a one stop shop office where people who have problems can go to get them solved. These problems may be with local government, police, business or any other possible problem giver. It then funnels the problem to the section it thinks can help and tries to get a quick resolution. It really is a cross agency department.

I learned a very long time ago, that when a Thai asks to 'borrow' money, what they really mean is give, as they have zero intention of ever repaying. Doesn't matter how good a 'friend' the person may have been up to that point. Money trumps friendship.

she agreed to pay the full amount by December

This is Thailand! What do you thing that commitment is worth? Zero, zilch, nada, crap, beans . . . Feel free to add your own ideas.

Oh yes, an overblown, misleading ' happiness ' story. The military haven't got the debt repaid only a Thai promise to repay by December.

However in the current need for the feelgood factor let's not confuse things with the obvious and the ... truth !

• Like 1

Agree with you.

In simple terms it is a one stop shop office where people who have problems can go to get them solved. These problems may be with local government, police, business or any other possible problem giver. It then funnels the problem to the section it thinks can help and tries to get a quick resolution. It really is a cross agency department.

Pity it doesn't take care of intra/inter-department and agency publishing and communications..... be nice to get everyone on the same script :|

and in December when the debt is still outstanding...?

Another of the ever popular Thai ' extensions ' because of ( insert suitable BS excuse )

Oh good, I think I will go to the centre and claim my house back that I was swindled out of 20 years ago when we were green and trusting........problem there will be a million farrangs in the queue

• Like 1

If this is the case, than I need the SAS and Seal team 6 to collect to huge amounts people

owes me here in Thailand for years and years, anybody know the phone numbers of the above?

After a mega initial blunder------------no borrow or lend------anywhere. But here especially.

• Like 1