Military helps Thai woman get money back from 'friend'

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Government by military rule.

A one-stop shop where you have Judge, Jury, and Delivery of Justice. No right to defense nor to appeal.

In this "story" there is only one person's allegation of events. No contract, no documents, no court judgement. Will the credit card companies be next to get the military to act as their unpaid debt collectors for unsecred credit card debts? If the military can't get collection, will it take action against alleged debtors such as interrogtaion and improsonment? This story could be very scary if such military intrusion into people's civil matters becomes commonplace.

Bloody hell there are some miserable wingers in TV, nothing is ever right or helpful - always complaints, bitching, negative crap - get a life.

The Damrong dharma centres don't sound much different than the "small court" setup in Australia and I guess many other countries, where you can ask for assistance in matters such as these and get a reasonable and fair hearing (for both sides) to hopefully solve the problem.

Get over it wingers, stirrers and bush lawyers, it's a reasonable approach to solving many small problems that people come up against.

• Like 2

I've heard a few stories from TG's similar to this one......one story was a friend of mine who gave her house m8 20k (baht) & then she disappeared with the money, leaving her to pay the ''full rent'' on top of the 20k.

She said that Buddha will punish her & justice will be served.....she's NEVER loaned money to anyone to this day.

The way I read the story was that the Damrongdharma centre was approached by this woman who loaned the B100K, may be a phone call was made to a military connection, who called the debtor and said " You owe B 100K to Swasvadee Sangdumpa and if you don't pay her back by December this year, we will come round and huff and puff and blow your house down, have a nice day"

Down, or up?

• Like 1

The way I read the story was that the Damrongdharma centre was approached by this woman who loaned the B100K, may be a phone call was made to a military connection, who called the debtor and said " You owe B 100K to Swasvadee Sangdumpa and if you don't pay her back by December this year, we will come round and huff and puff and blow your house down, have a nice day"

Down, or up?

Yes 5555555555555555555

I wish her good luck. Better luck than mine.A lawyer who was doing some transactions for us said that he was having a cash flow problem?? Despite my better judgment my wife and I loaned him baht 200,000. And he wrote a cheque payable to us. Promises were made to repay but were not honoured. We went to the boss of his Law firm and he was fired. We tracked him to his next place of work and confronted him there. More promises. We went to another lawyer and took him to court, were he wanted to settle before it came to the Judge. On our lawyers advice we agreed. Papers were signed to the affect that he would pay installments into the court. That was in 1996. You guessed it, nothing. For peace of mind we just let it drop. It would seem as it was a case of one lawyer protecting another.A slight variation on an old proverb, ;If a snake and a lawyer cross your path, kill the lawyer'! A lesson hard learnt! Like the woman in the report, I could do with the Bt.200,000 now.

Your problem was that you were trying to collect the nice way. For a small fraction of that debt, you could have had a message delivered that repaying the debt would be beneficial to their health or even longevity. Lawyers are particularly good candidates for this as they can work from wheelchairs.

Glad to see the Army properly employed in the defence of the Nation. A trained, lean mean fighting machine would be ready to take his own life when given his next posting to the Damrong-dharma centre! "Sergeant Somchai, although we need your fighting skills to help combat the terrorism in the South, we have a priority posting for you to help housewives get their money back they stupidly leant to friends over 5 years ago."

how horrid for you, no friends to help out stupidly.

this is so touching....!i thought laws and judges help by police is there to resolve these kind of problems

but ok......now they could also start helping all "non immigrant" or retired farang who can not get their money back from their crab girlfriend or mowan because everything as been put on their name, because we don't have a law who give us the right to have something in our name to leave propely and safely.

coffee1.gif

It's a sad situation all round when naive farangs come to Asia and particularly Thailand and they happily shell out fairly large sums of their oft hard earned money, only to find out a year or two later that the sexy little princess they met has turned into the village virago. And the root of all these problems is, well,....the root.'

There have been dozens of books written by wise men and foolish men about the dangers of not doing 'due diligence' before investing in that fancy farang home in Nakhon Nowhere, Thailand. Many men encountering the younger,sexy babe feel the need to give their all both in bed and at the bank.

As everyone knows, many folks have made a small fortune in Thailand simply because they started out with a large one.

• Like 2

she agreed to pay the full amount by December

This is Thailand! What do you thing that commitment is worth? Zero, zilch, nada, crap, beans . . . Feel free to add your own ideas.

I totally agree with you, let's see what the excuse is come December, proberly say santa clause took it

My B-I-L borrowed B10,000 from me. Some time later, he asked to borrow another B10,000, and i refused, telling him that he hadn't even started paying back the first loan. He thought about that for a bit and then asked if he could borrow B11,000, and he would repay B1,000 from the first loan right now.

I sometimes wonder if the wrinkles on my forehead spell MUG in Thai.

I think it actually says ATM

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If this story is true, the military will be busy in the near future working on a a few million similar cases..

sounds to me like nonsense...

This is exactly why Yingluck did not win the heart of Thai people.

Her police forces only take bribe and did nothing.

Prayuth's army is different.

They sincerely work toward the happiness of Thai people.

No bribe needed, yet diligently work for the real Thai people.

That's not true. A donation to the police benevolent fund got you excellent service from Plod in my experience.

My B-I-L borrowed B10,000 from me. Some time later, he asked to borrow another B10,000, and i refused, telling him that he hadn't even started paying back the first loan. He thought about that for a bit and then asked if he could borrow B11,000, and he would repay B1,000 from the first loan right now.

I sometimes wonder if the wrinkles on my forehead spell MUG in Thai.

Sorry Halloween----I know its not funny but I had a good smile at this one----you brightened up my day

Thai military back in action on the front line housewife debit collecting they are such brave boys the Junta is there nothing they can’t turn their hand, next they will be on the phones asking if we have been miss sold PPI policy's