Adventures in Shaving

thailiketoo

My hair kept getting thinner and my haircuts cheaper and faster. I have become obsessed with Thai hairless. It's a good thing I don't have hair on my back. For years I've shaved my face every day in the shower with a Gillette razor. I stopped at the twin blade Atra and used them for 10 years.

However I kept looking at the new Gillette products disposable multi blade high tech stuff. I tried them too. I liked the Blue 3 Ice. So I dropped the Atra. Then I kept looking at that new Pro Fusion electric one that buzzes. Blades 400baht or so. Great shave. 2 shaves per razor. That's more than I spend on my Mia Noi per week. So I began to look around for an alternative.

Thats when I got the idea about shaving my chest (hot in Thailand). rolleyes.gif

I tried out all my old razors on my chest hair. No luck. Clogged with hair. I went low tech. Old style safety razor with double edged blade. That did the trick except it required me getting out of the shower to get a large mirror to see what I was doing.

Then...... I went high tech and bought an aqua electric razor. Yup shaving in the shower with an electric razor. New to me. I use soap instead of shaving cream or gel although I tried both.

Since my chest hair is now stubble length the electric razor works on that area too.

I put a bluetooth speaker in the bathroom (showers taking longer) and I'm rocking out and buzzing off my hair. Shave face then wash out the electric circular blades with the bum gun (more pressure) and then reassemble and shave chest and stomach.

It says to wait 10 shaves till my face gets used to the new razor. It's been about 8 days. Still not very close but it's fun.

post-187908-0-20797000-1410762426_thumb.

post-187908-0-98558100-1410762903_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

I got the hi so Thai Chinese daughters of the tycoons of Bangkok lining up at my door because of a hairless chest. Now you guys can make fun of that if you want. Speaking Thai is important and being rich is important and figuring out how to buy and hold property in Thailand is important but not compared to a hairless chest. You know Asian men don't buy chest toupees nor do Asian ladies like hairy chests. They may tell you they do right after they tell you they like fat guys who don't shower 4 times a day.

Now, if the OP had progressed to removing hair from his genitalia I might be able to give him a tip or two.

Actually, I will anyway as I feel his exploratory efforts will doubtless progress in a southerly direction.

Tip #1: To remove lengthy pubes, DO NOT use a cut throat type razor unless you are COMPLETELY sober.

Don't ask me how I know. facepalm.gif

I was trying to maintain some dignity to my posts. I wondered if a thread that doesn't bash any nationalities, races or odd sexual proclivities could get some readership.

I have noticed on ThaiVisa that poop stuff like bum guns and the like get a lot more attention than clean stuff like shaving in the shower. Although a lot of Thai women are OCD when it comes to body and cleanliness.

In the past there have been interesting threads about shaving. One contained the recommendation to strop your blades. Since beginning to do it, I've been getting three times the number of shaves from my Gilette Fusion cartridges that I did before. If everyone stropped their blades, Gilette would lose some serious money.

• Like 1

In the past there have been interesting threads about shaving. One contained the recommendation to strop your blades. Since beginning to do it, I've been getting three times the number of shaves from my Gilette Fusion cartridges that I did before. If everyone stropped their blades, Gilette would lose some serious money.

Edit

I found it on utube. Will give it a go.

Shaving is more expensive than an heroin addiction.

Stroping unm

Edited by apiwan

I recently, after a shave, put the razor under the shower....the strong waterflow cleaned the blades. Just a tip.

I recently, after a shave, put the razor under the shower....the strong waterflow cleaned the blades. Just a tip.

Jeez what is this ? handy shaving hints for pubescent school boys ?

• Like 1

How do you strop a Gillette Fusion Pro?

post-187908-0-38128100-1410832023_thumb.

• Like 1

Now, if the OP had progressed to removing hair from his genitalia I might be able to give him a tip or two.

Actually, I will anyway as I feel his exploratory efforts will doubtless progress in a southerly direction.

Tip #1: To remove lengthy pubes, DO NOT use a cut throat type razor unless you are COMPLETELY sober.

Don't ask me how I know. facepalm.gif

Tip #2

Don't use Veet hair removal Gel on your nether regions either: http://rats-funnybone.com/veet-hair-removal-gel-for-men-funniest-review-ever/

• Like 1

I looked at the video but was skeptical so I searched around for one that took a photo under a microscope of the blades before and after stropping. I guess it works. I'll try it.

Edited by thailiketoo

OK - Adventures in Shaving.....here we go - let's step out of the amateur ranking and go to a real Adventure in Shaving......about 8-9 years ago I needed an operation (Gall bladder removal)....of course all the tests were done and at that same (public) hospital in Berkeley they'd gladly do the surgery for only $35,000.00.

I decided to check into having it performed somehere esle and selected a good group of hospitals in India......it turned out that I could fly 2 people to India and spend about 8 days while having the operation done and save $25,000.00 which included 5 days in a 5 star hotel + they supplied a car and driver at my beck and call to tour some after initial recovery and a complete physical = everything.....

Anyway - all's going well and about 6:00 the night before the operation in walks one of the most perverse creepy looking, Igor-esque, nasal breathing, hunched, tiny wrinkled human beings I've ever seen....In my minds eye I can still see him but I cannot find the words to accurately depict for you to get a visual.....you'd sweep your sons and daughters off the street if you saw him oogling them and then paint a cross on your door.......made Rumpelstiltsken look like a handsum man......

Anyway - this guy is there to shave me from nipples to knees - and he unrolls his kit and there it a straight razor.......this guy didn't miss a hair anywhere between my npples and my knees - an I didn't move an inch and was afraid to flinch/shiver/breathe....probably one of the most uncomfortable 30-40 minutes of my life.....have to admit - not a knick or a cut but he shaved everywhere.....

Now ladies and gentlemen THAT's an Adventure in Shaving .....

OK - Adventures in Shaving.....here we go - let's step out of the amateur ranking and go to a real Adventure in Shaving......about 8-9 years ago I needed an operation (Gall bladder removal)....of course all the tests were done and at that same (public) hospital in Berkeley they'd gladly do the surgery for only $35,000.00.

I decided to check into having it performed somehere esle and selected a good group of hospitals in India......it turned out that I could fly 2 people to India and spend about 8 days while having the operation done and save $25,000.00 which included 5 days in a 5 star hotel + they supplied a car and driver at my beck and call to tour some after initial recovery and a complete physical = everything.....

Anyway - all's going well and about 6:00 the night before the operation in walks one of the most perverse creepy looking, Igor-esque, nasal breathing, hunched, tiny wrinkled human beings I've ever seen....In my minds eye I can still see him but I cannot find the words to accurately depict for you to get a visual.....you'd sweep your sons and daughters off the street if you saw him oogling them and then paint a cross on your door.......made Rumpelstiltsken look like a handsum man......

Anyway - this guy is there to shave me from nipples to knees - and he unrolls his kit and there it a straight razor.......this guy didn't miss a hair anywhere between my npples and my knees - an I didn't move an inch and was afraid to flinch/shiver/breathe....probably one of the most uncomfortable 30-40 minutes of my life.....have to admit - not a knick or a cut but he shaved everywhere.....

that's nothing, an Ex-GF who happened to be a hairdresser shaved my gentlemen's bits and associated nether regions with a straight razor...of course that was while the relationship was going well, but when things started falling apart in the relationship, I wouldn't be in the same room as her with a razor in her hand as I might be talking in a high pitched voice these days :lol:

that's nothing, an Ex-GF who happened to be a hairdresser shaved my gentlemen's bits and associated nether regions with a straight razor...of course that was while the relationship was going well, but when things started falling apart in the relationship, I wouldn't be in the same room as her with a razor in her hand as I might be talking in a high pitched voice these days laugh.png

So - your ex-GF was like this person <> I stand corrected - maybe it was your ex-GF that shaved me....description matches????? At least you had someone you knew and had been intimate with at the time - more or less a known quantity/quality......

I wouldn't say that's nothing - maybe we should trade & see - - - - but then again, after that, my wife might decide to get a straight razor also......w00t.gif