Bangkok street brawl leaves one vocational student wounded

webfact

Street brawl leaves one vocational student wounded

BANGKOK: -- One vocational student was wounded in a street brawl between rival vocational students on Rama III road, Bangkok Metropolis, Tuesday afternoon.

The lone victim was identified as Mr Pittaya Thaboran. He suffered a knife wound on his head and was later rushed to Mahaesak hospital for treatment.

Eyewitnesses told Bang Pongpan police said that about 10 motorcycle-riding vocational students of an unknown institution, armed with knives and pingpong bombs gave chase to Mr Pittaya who was also riding a motorcycle.

Mr Pittaya escaped to a row of shophouse next to a gas station on Rama III road where he abandoned his motorcycle and ran into one of the shophouses but his pursuers caught up with him and lobbed four pingpong bombs at him.

Fortunately, only one exploded and one of the students managed to strike at the victim’s head with a knife before they escaped.

The victim was eventually helped by a witness who rushed him to Mahaesak hospital for treatment.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/street-brawl-leaves-one-vocational-student-wounded/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-17

I still advocate building an arena for such youth to achieve their aspirations, instead of using public transport and roadways.

Yep, invite all the tech colleges to send a team, as many as volunteer, armed with swords, ping-pong bombs, clubs and knuckle dusters. Assign a different coloured t-shirt to each college for easy differentation, lock them all in and let them go at it. Then shoot the last bastard alive.

• Like 2

I am really confused! Eversince the coup and despite threats by the military junta to eradicate vocational students fighting.....the cases of murders and shootings and brawls have actually gone up in the last two months. Whats going on? Who is taking responsibility and who is going to be moved to inactive posts? Or do we need to be patience as the are doing their best while more die and get hurt?

What with these Ass-hole who's going around and shooting other young kids like they're in the wild west

with complete disregard to life and other people around them, I know this feud been going on as long

as I remember, do they remember what the feud is all about???? or they just like to feel macho and showing

off to the GFs, can some one put a stop to this senseless mayhem?

And what will happen to the kids who carried out this attack?

Nothing.

They will be regarded as heroes by teachers and fellow students at their "school" and they will little to no punishment from the justice system.

How about cracking down on these schools and handing down some proper custodial sentences or immediate drafting into the army for offenders.

Everyone just sighs, shakes their head and gets on with their lives. I don't see anyone actively trying to solve this problem in Thai society.

• Like 1