Good Aquarium Store in Pattaya ?

Lotustrbo

Wanted to see if anyone knew of a good full service aquarium shop, there was one called Pattaya Aquatics as I recall, but on my last visit I searched and searched and could no longer locate them. Basically, I am looking for a good supply of salt water fish and equipment as well as vacation care of the system.

Thanks in advance

L

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

Hi

Drop Malcolm an E mail [email protected] he looked after my aquarium for 3 years and did a great job, dont touch Pattaya aquatics if you are serious about your aquarium.

For fish etc the shop on Siam Country club Rd is the best by far in Pattaya, there is a shop on Second Rd but its a rip off and stock is very poor!. There is also a guy out toward Ban Saray, his name is Larry he operates a shop out of his house. I am away working out of Thailand at the moment and dont have the contact information of either at hand!

Good luck

ND

Hi

Drop Malcolm an E mail [email protected] he looked after my aquarium for 3 years and did a great job, dont touch Pattaya aquatics if you are serious about your aquarium.

For fish etc the shop on Siam Country club Rd is the best by far in Pattaya, there is a shop on Second Rd but its a rip off and stock is very poor!. There is also a guy out toward Ban Saray, his name is Larry he operates a shop out of his house. I am away working out of Thailand at the moment and dont have the contact information of either at hand!

Good luck

ND

Pattaya Aquatics does not longer exist.

Pattaya Marine Aquatics is a new company in town which specializes in the full spectrum of Saltwater Aquarium from building to full maintenance programms to even revamping currently struggling systems.

There is no affiliation between those both companies though

There is a place on Third Road on the left as you head in a south-westerly direction from South Pattaya Road. It looks a little tatty, but they have a fairly good collection of both equipment and fish. Not sure if they do salt-water and I'm almost certain you wouldn't want them to do vacation care.

There are (were?) aquariums at Jomtien Immigrations that I think have advertising stickers on them for some company that looks after them.

post-2109-1261211927.jpg

post-2109-1261211905.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

I have my 60" aquarium cleaned monthly for 900 Baht.......a little expensive on plant replacements (extra)......not salt water

They are nice people and do a good job

But

I have wondered if that is a reasonable price ??.......

I have my 60" aquarium cleaned monthly for 900 Baht.......a little expensive on plant replacements (extra)......not salt water

But

If you go expensive in plant replacement it seem they are not doing a very good job in maintaining your aquarium. Maintaining an aquarium would mean keep things alive in your tank not just show up with a cloth and clean the glass thus I think very expensive.

This is exactly the problem in Pattaya too many shops who have no clue and just do something

you have some good shops building aquariums but have no clue in setting up one if you dont tell them on how to set up the filtration chambers etc they just come up with something that might maybe look good but doesnt work at all.

Than you have the shops who sell equipment but they have no clue how 80% of it all actualy works and how to set it up correct. Dont even check or ask if this is the equipment you need as they just try to sell. Sometimes placing the wrong pump or wrong filtration device can have catastrophic consequences in your aquarium especially saltwater reef tanks.

Than you have the fish sellers in town well.........if you see the amount of death fish floating around in their tanks I dont think I need to give any comment on that should I? So if you find life fish they just again try to sell not even knowing which fish are compatible with one another. Just even ask them how the fish species are called....... again enough said.

again guys contact the people at Pattaya Marine Aquatics (new comapny in town and are still setting up) they have no affiliations to anyone and seem to be able to find out the best equipment, designing of tanks and the best fish available adjusting to your personal needs and situation as rememeber every single aquarium reacts different to different changes and adjustments. They are specialized in keep your aquarium alive and not just clean.

But

If you go expensive in plant replacement it seem they are not doing a very good job in maintaining your aquarium. Maintaining an aquarium would mean keep things alive in your tank not just show up with a cloth and clean the glass thus I think very expensive.

This is exactly the problem in Pattaya too many shops who have no clue and just do something

you have some good shops building aquariums but have no clue in setting up one if you dont tell them on how to set up the filtration chambers etc they just come up with something that might maybe look good but doesnt work at all.

Than you have the shops who sell equipment but they have no clue how 80% of it all actualy works and how to set it up correct. Dont even check or ask if this is the equipment you need as they just try to sell. Sometimes placing the wrong pump or wrong filtration device can have catastrophic consequences in your aquarium especially saltwater reef tanks.

Than you have the fish sellers in town well.........if you see the amount of death fish floating around in their tanks I dont think I need to give any comment on that should I? So if you find life fish they just again try to sell not even knowing which fish are compatible with one another. Just even ask them how the fish species are called....... again enough said.

again guys contact the people at Pattaya Marine Aquatics (new comapny in town and are still setting up) they have no affiliations to anyone and seem to be able to find out the best equipment, designing of tanks and the best fish available adjusting to your personal needs and situation as rememeber every single aquarium reacts different to different changes and adjustments. They are specialized in keep your aquarium alive and not just clean.

Thanks Dirk_brijs

All good advice.......I will act on it

To the original poster,

You wrote "I am looking for a good supply of salt water fish"

You and others like you who like pretty aquariums are supporting the rape of coral fish from the sea and upsetting the balance of nature.

​You may not be aware that 1 fish that actually makes it alive to your tank another 9 fish die before they make it to your tank.

So if you have 10 fish in your tank 90 fish have died to support your vanity project.

One source here-

http://www.seashepherd.org/reef-defense/aquarium-trade.html

Some coral reef fish species are becoming so rare around the Pattaya/Jomtien/Sattahip/Rayong region because of "harvesting" for the aquarium trade for example Clownfish species of the famous Nemo cartoon movie have largely disappeared and are now having to be bred in captivity, ironically in aquariums and then re-introduced back into the sea.

You can snorkel or go scuba diving and see plenty of sea anemones with which under normal conditions Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with but the majority of the time all you see is sea anemones on their own because the Clownfish have been captured.

If you have a conscience please do not take up aquarium exhibits as a hobby as you are doing untold damage to marine ecosystems.

post-7723-0-14651200-1411267336_thumb.jp

• Like 1

To the original poster,

You and others like you who like pretty aquariums are supporting the rape of coral fish from the sea and upsetting the balance of nature.

​You may not be aware that 1 fish that actually makes it alive to your tank another 9 fish die before they make it to your tank.

So if you have 10 fish in your tank 90 fish have died to support your vanity project.

One source here-

Some coral reef fish species are becoming so rare around the Pattaya/Jomtien/Sattahip/Rayong region because of "harvesting" for the aquarium trade for example Clownfish species of the famous Nemo cartoon movie have largely disappeared and are now having to be bred in captivity, ironically in aquariums and then re-introduced back into the sea.

You can snorkel or go scuba diving and see plenty of sea anemones with which under normal conditions Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with but the majority of the time all you see is sea anemones on their own because the Clownfish have been captured.

If you have a conscience please do not take up aquarium exhibits as a hobby as you are doing untold damage to marine ecosystems.

I think we do live a bit in the past here

The aquarium trade has evolved alot over the past few years being scrutenized and being regulated to the max since a few years. I am sure whatever happened in the past was bad and maybe even still today but in much smaller scale as what you like to portray.

Wild catching of Aquarium fish is almost eradicated as it only practise for some rarer fishes as the most common fishes found in the every day saltwater aquarium are now all farmed fish just due to economic reasons as farms have beens et up many years back and in full swing now it is almost impossable for wild caught fish to compete with the dump prices on the market for farmed fish.

So again rare fishes which you will not find in the every day hobbyist aquarium might still be wild caught the top selling fishes nowedays are all farm bred.

many of those farms are even providing back to naure setting out large new populations back into the oceans re populating throughout the world.

The real killer of reef throughout the world is the warming of the oceans resulting in the distrcution of entire fields of reef throughout the world and destroying the habitat for many reef fishes in those areas.

So see what I said in the beginning of my comments is that what happened in the trade was bad but has improved alot though the polutor in US (yes YOU and ME) have not improved and has gotten only worse throughout the years so instead of pointing fingers one should start to check his own life and start with improving this world from within himself and not tell others what to do so you can buy a new car or many new cheap Chinese products manufactored in factories with no environmental regulations and restrictions right?

and please dont come with articles as for every one you find on the net on how bad the trade is as i can find you (or i am sure you know how to find them yourself) one articles about massive farms re introducing species back into the Oceans throughout this world.

To the original poster,

One source here-

The aquarium trade has evolved alot over the past few years being scrutenized and being regulated to the max since a few years. I am sure whatever happened in the past was bad and maybe even still today but in much smaller scale as what you like to portray.

Wild catching of Aquarium fish is almost eradicated as it only practise for some rarer fishes as the most common fishes found in the every day saltwater aquarium are now all farmed fish just due to economic reasons as farms have beens et up many years back and in full swing now it is almost impossable for wild caught fish to compete with the dump prices on the market for farmed fish.

So again rare fishes which you will not find in the every day hobbyist aquarium might still be wild caught the top selling fishes nowedays are all farm bred.

many of those farms are even providing back to naure setting out large new populations back into the oceans re populating throughout the world.

The real killer of reef throughout the world is the warming of the oceans resulting in the distrcution of entire fields of reef throughout the world and destroying the habitat for many reef fishes in those areas.

So see what I said in the beginning of my comments is that what happened in the trade was bad but has improved alot though the polutor in US (yes YOU and ME) have not improved and has gotten only worse throughout the years so instead of pointing fingers one should start to check his own life and start with improving this world from within himself and not tell others what to do so you can buy a new car or many new cheap Chinese products manufactored in factories with no environmental regulations and restrictions right?

and please dont come with articles as for every one you find on the net on how bad the trade is as i can find you (or i am sure you know how to find them yourself) one articles about massive farms re introducing species back into the Oceans throughout this world.

Re-introduction of coral reef fish is taking place for a reason and the reason is the fish are still being captured...various places around Thailand have reintroduction projects because of poaching that continues every day.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1123616

Go diving and look with your own eyes.

To the original poster,

One source here-

Re-introduction of coral reef fish is taking place for a reason and the reason is the fish are still being captured...various places around Thailand have reintroduction projects because of poaching that continues every day.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1123616

Go diving and look with your own eyes.

One dont need to go diving to find the main reason of Corals dying around the world. Myself have traveled the world and have seen the demise of Coral reefs around the world first hand and have just returned from a trip to the Pacific Islands and the Great Barrier reef and its very clear to me that fish levels are put back drastically due to their habitats simply retrieving faster than they can adjust. Fishes are simply not breeding anymore or simply do not have any protection or a source of food anymore due to the decline in Coral reefs.

As you mentioned Clown Fishes as an example I think it is funny that less than .5% of the actual Clown Fish market is actualy caught wild and these are the more rare clown fish species. I have visited during my stay in The Pacific several Fish Suppliers (Venuatu and Fiji) who still do their harvests wild (Though extremely regulated) and have not seen one clown fish in their selection of fishes available. They can simple not compete to the vast amount in numbers Large Clown Fish farms produce around the world.. The reason of the re-introduction programs is due to the actual over production of these fishes. (or you really think that those farms invest millions to after that just return them in the Ocean? Most farms produce faster than they can sell them as clown fish are know as the Rabbits of the seas spawning once a week in some cases)

Again aquarium trade is (currently) not the reason of the dissapearing of certain troical fish though the polutor in all of us is the main cullprit.

It is even this far that in Australia there is a subsidised program providing recognized reefers who can provide proof of maintaining a living self sustainable reef aquarium with state subisied as Australia (who is the owner of the largets reef in the world) sees the future of its Coral reefs very somber and is scared that the Aquarium Business would be the only way to preserve certain species.

So dont look at the minority of offenders who are still out their for sure and make a general judgement based on articles on the net and little research.

The Aquarium supplier and maintenance service which was called in this thread as Pattaya Marine Aquatics guarantees to supply life and self sustainable aquariums as you would be able to read up on in their website. (do not mix them up with a previous company who was present in pattaya being Marine Aquatics as this company has been out of the market for a while now)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for you advice and replies. I have been working with a company Pattaya Marine Aquatics as recommended on this forum. So far I am very happy, I have found them extremely responsive to my questions and to be very knowledgeable about their products as well as what would be a proper set-up for my specific tank. The expectation is that the system will be installed by the middle of next month as it's custom designed and built by them. I look forward to being able to post photos and further reviews of their service soon. However, so far I would have to rate them 5 stars out of 5 stars. I have also opted for their premium service package so that the tank is always maintained when I am out of the country.

Again thank you members of ThaiVisa for all of your advice, I will keep you posted on progress.

L

Thank you everyone for you advice and replies. I have been working with a company Pattaya Marine Aquatics as recommended on this forum. So far I am very happy, I have found them extremely responsive to my questions and to be very knowledgeable about their products as well as what would be a proper set-up for my specific tank. The expectation is that the system will be installed by the middle of next month as it's custom designed and built by them. I look forward to being able to post photos and further reviews of their service soon. However, so far I would have to rate them 5 stars out of 5 stars. I have also opted for their premium service package so that the tank is always maintained when I am out of the country.

Again thank you members of ThaiVisa for all of your advice, I will keep you posted on progress.

L

Can you guarantee where the fish in your aquarium is harvested from?

Bigt116 I left you a private message.

L

PS Buddy I have been assured the the fish are farm raised not wild caught and I am not putting in any exotic breeds that would make me question that belief. I believe in conserving the oceans as even on my 120 foot yacht I never dumped waste or food, I had freezers to hold trash in until we reached port and holding tanks even for grey water so if I was in sensative areas I wouldn't affect the eco system.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a place on Third Road on the left as you head in a south-westerly direction from South Pattaya Road. It looks a little tatty, but they have a fairly good collection of both equipment and fish. Not sure if they do salt-water and I'm almost certain you wouldn't want them to do vacation care.

There are (were?) aquariums at Jomtien Immigrations that I think have advertising stickers on them for some company that looks after them.

this is the aquarium they delivered to me.......

claimed it was my fault so no return or nothing

DSCF0699.jpg

DSCF0697.jpg

Not good, so far I've had a very positive experience with Aquatica Services, everything they have said they have done and it's been on schedule. The glass was cut a few days ago, so I hope to have some new photos soon. They also will be caring for it while I'm out of residence.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New marine aquarium on soi khao noi. Looks pretty big but has no english signs. About three quaters up on the left.

same owners as the one on Siam Country so good luck finding a health fish there.

www.aquaticaservices.com sells fishes online and delivers at your doorstep. Website shop is still in progress but contact them with any name of fish your looking for and they deliver it to you. Easy as goes.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a place on Third Road on the left as you head in a south-westerly direction from South Pattaya Road.

It looks a little tatty, but they have a fairly good collection of both equipment and fish.

post-2109-1261211927.jpg

This place is now gone... sad.png

229.jpg