100 Dsi, Police Officers Raid Koh Samui, Arrest Briton

george

Talking to some officials in Bangkok yesterday, they agree this case smacks of political action to draw media attention away from the fact that high-ranking Thai Rak Thai people were involving in land deals on Samui.. at a time when there is a lot of damaging publicity about land rip-offs, scams, etc.

The high-ranking people include Thai Rak Thai deputy PM and Agriculture Minister sudarat Keyuraphan. The wife of govt spokesman (and former ICT minister) Surapong Suebwonglee, Pranee, also admitted on Monday to having done land deals on Samui. They may have done legitimate deals, but certainly the ruling party was looking to limit damage. In fact, you could see that from the fact the Environment Minister Yongyuth lead a fact-finding team down there.

All of these people are in Thaksin's inner circle; his close allies.

And the party is essentially in election mode - although whether it will survive the threat of dissolution is another thing. Sadly, signs are emerging that the independence of the top court (Constitution Court) has been "challenged" with the selection of a new president who the Bangkok Post says is close to the PM.

Given those factors, it would appear Peter Jones and Crispin may well have been scapegoats - to lure the erratic watch of local reporters off where it should be. This government has been incredibly clever in that regard. Whenever it has faced some sort of crisis - a day when bad publicity was likely - bingo, some other rabbit gets pulled out of the hat. It's like holding major government meetings on the days when a big world cup soccer match is played - everybody is so distracted they miss the events of real substance.

Someone said Peter's an Adelaide man. And that he got bail yesterday (Thurs).

Anyone seen him back on Samui?

I got the impression from DSI comments a day or two ago that they realised he wasn't a biker gang member or dodgy - the fact he's out on bail suggests they may be aware these charges, and the police descriptions of them stretch credibility.

All in all, it shows you the sort of garbage that can go on in a country run by someone who has little regard for the rule of law. Makes you wonder how many crimes they will commit trying to hold on to power.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This government has been incredibly clever in that regard. Whenever it has faced some sort of crisis - a day when bad publicity was likely - bingo, some other rabbit gets pulled out of the hat.

I wonder if they copied UK's "New Labour"? Or maybe the other way round? :o

I would have bet money the word was lacks.....

However Collins & Merriam Webster both have it as : lackadaisical ;

lacking vitality & purpose ; lazy & careless ; lacking life spirit or zest.

Well done boys.

Rather than lazy I see the land office officials as greedy bastards who get rich selling off public lands ; irregardless

ha ha very funny. If you treat something with regard it implies a courtesy or respect. if you are regardless you are without respect. Likewise if you treat something with irregard, it is without respect. To treat something with irregardless, is without no respect , a double negative, a no-no. Irregardless and with regard are synonomous.

Quite wrong on all counts.

'Irregardless' is a word that should only be used tongue in cheek; it is derived from the words 'irrespective' and 'regardless'.

Completely OFF TOPIC here but just to point out the dictionary definition of irregardless:

SYLLABICATION: ir·re·gard·less

PRONUNCIATION: r-gärdls

ADVERB: Nonstandard Regardless.

ETYMOLOGY: Probably blend of irrespective and regardless.

USAGE NOTE: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir– prefix and –less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

So, back ON TOPIC now :o

There have been rumors on Koh Phangan of the PM's wife involved in land deals here as well, all on the beach so not illegal. Don't know if its true or not, but it is a rumor that has been going around for a while.

So, obviously something they have all been involved in. Money to be made is money to be made, I guess.

well, once some of the posters are over with their problems of spelling mistakes of others.. this topic can return to it's essence.

Well, well, well, don't get too enthusiastic - this is TiT - and it is only the tiny tip of the iceberg - well those poeple aren't really nice guys - it's a different story - but they encroached someone elses turf - and here the thais are very sensitive.

It's all about who get's the cheese....

Someone mentioned the PM's Lady, his entire Family is involved and not only them, ms.20% too, and, and, and....

The people concerned, weren't choirboys - thats for sure - but they invaded the Thai-turf and made lot's and lots of money - a laundryshop? - I don't know - it's up to the authorities to find out - I wouldn't dare to mess with these guys....

Somewhere another samuian property dealer was mentioned, he complained about them - he can dive for shelter, for ever!

Anyone who hopes, believes, dreams or thinks that this event will change only a tiny fraction of the situation - is naive and surely believes in father christmas as well.

it's about tough competition and the property sun has been shining bright for some - times are getting tougher and when the going gets tough, the .............

And these boy's have been showing their money, tatoowed up to the ears, no job, big luxury cars and motorcycles, huge property.... someone may have got upset... or just simply cought by envy and greed?

Ten years ago the first houses sold from/to foreigners have been around 1 mill. today top price is something 78 mill. I call this some piece a cheese... whatever there is below or around 1 mill. today is maybe some kind of dogshelter.

Puket, Ko Chang, Ko Phang Gan, Ko Lanta, Kao Lak (to name just a few) are all facing the same faith....some make lot's and lot's but the same people are those who change/d the face, the enormous beauty of these Islands irrevokeably forever....

Feeling safer? Well, don't worry it's the second biggest "family" in the world! getting better? lol!

Wait and see - is what I would say - there might be a resurrection - after all it's the Land of Smiles - or should one say "the Land of Bribes"... :D ahh... well and then who cares? It's all part of the greatest Show on Earth.

I like watching........ :o

Edited by Samuian

well, once some of the posters are over with their problems of spelling mistakes of others.. this topic can return to it's essence.

Well, well, well, don't get too enthusiastic - this is TiT - and it is only the tiny tip of the iceberg - well those poeple aren't really nice guys - it's a different story - but they encroached someone elses turf - and here the thais are very sensitive.

It's all about who get's the cheese....

Someone mentioned the PM's Lady, his entire Family is involved and not only them, ms.20% too, and, and, and....

The people concerned, weren't choirboys - thats for sure - but they invaded the Thai-turf and made lot's and lots of money - a laundryshop? - I don't know - it's up to the authorities to find out - I wouldn't dare to mess with these guys....

Somewhere another samuian property dealer was mentioned, he complained about them - he can dive for shelter, for ever!

Anyone who hopes, believes, dreams or thinks that this event will change only a tiny fraction of the situation - is naive and surely believes in father christmas as well.

it's about tough competition and the property sun has been shining bright for some - times are getting tougher and when the going gets tough, the .............

And these boy's have been showing their money, tatoowed up to the ears, no job, big luxury cars and motorcycles, huge property.... someone may have got upset... or just simply cought by envy and greed?

Ten years ago the first houses sold from/to foreigners have been around 1 mill. today top price is something 78 mill. I call this some piece a cheese... whatever there is below or around 1 mill. today is maybe some kind of dogshelter.

Puket, Ko Chang, Ko Phang Gan, Ko Lanta, Kao Lak (to name just a few) are all facing the same faith....some make lot's and lot's but the same people are those who change/d the face, the enormous beauty of these Islands irrevokeably forever....

Feeling safer? Well, don't worry it's the second biggest "family" in the world! getting better? lol!

Wait and see - is what I would say - there might be a resurrection - after all it's the Land of Smiles - or should one say "the Land of Bribes"... :D ahh... well and then who cares? It's all part of the greatest Show on Earth.

I like watching........ :o

At least two out of these guys, Crispin and Peter, have businesses on the island. They definately are not job less, maybe you should've read this thread a bit more carefully.

What they do with their money is up to them, isn't it?

Heart-warming to see the positive support for Crispin here. It's clear that no one has a bad word to say about him. It's a real shame that someone is trying to drag his name through the mud. My best wishes are with him.

@krungthepian, limbos and jui-jitsu:

don't get me wrong!

I meant it easely could look as if they're doin' nothin'...in the closer sense of "working" or labouring.

I do know Crispin pretty well, he has been the target of previous attempts to break up his reputation.

He does look pretty wild... but this is so in the eye of the beholder only!

It is as it is - people who start to make money and break through a certain barrier of income become automatically targeted by greedy thugs.

It's a long tradition, not only in Samui, but all over the place.

Why break your back? Let some other do the Job and then find a way to reap the harvest....

A smear campaign, a couple a grams of illegal substances, some "witnesses", false "evidence" and here you go..

landofficials lol, lol, lol, lol....

After all land has become so valuable, the property boom is reaching 'klondyke-ian' dimensions and the TrT needs stories like this, remember the "War on drugs" - how many people got eliminated for other reasons I wonder.

TiT - Anything is possible - does one remember the "Wolfgang Ulrich" alias "Ulrich Wolfgang" who was the proprietor of the Bavarian Beerhouse in P. and in CMX, his Jacht got 'confiscated' because 1. he didn't pay taxes when he wanted to do so, he was over the time limit, 3. finally it was used for 'trafficking humans and drugs'... - story? A former Interiorminister and Chief of one of the political Parties in T. was in debt with some 80 Mill. .... he was also involved in some other bad scams as all - or most of them are.

The Information in the english Thai-Press is rather subtle - compared to what is the rumour here in Samui and the Thai-Press is topping up the pizza - it's pure mudslinging!

After all - theyare just foreigners who take 'the cream off the milk'.... another well doin' property developer was cought while trying to escape a police check point - with 2 bags of illicit substances - stories like this are abundend.

Many of them are manufactured from hearesay and halftruths, bend to any possible distortion to make it fit somehow.

Well let's see, maybe the Democrats can find some fodder here - after all the south is their turf.a

Edited by Samuian

I've known Crispin and Pete a long time, both are honest decent guys, and have successful businesses. Gangsters they certainly are not, and it must be utter rubbish that they have been involved with transfer of 3 billion.

Anyone who knows them will know they are innocent, this is so obviously brought about by politics. Unfortunatley they couldn't have picked two worse people to frame as there are so many people who will vouch for their honesty.

Some high ranking idiot official probobally took one look at Crispin and thought all Thai's would fall for him being a biker gangster. Which is true cos they do judge books by covers, unfortunatley as we all know it's what lies within.

I've known Crispin and Pete a long time, both are honest decent guys, and have successful businesses. Gangsters they certainly are not, and it must be utter rubbish that they have been involved with transfer of 3 billion.

Anyone who knows them will know they are innocent, this is so obviously brought about by politics. Unfortunatley they couldn't have picked two worse people to frame as there are so many people who will vouch for their honesty.

Some high ranking idiot official probobally took one look at Crispin and thought all Thai's would fall for him being a biker gangster. Which is true cos they do judge books by covers, unfortunatley as we all know it's what lies within.

I only know Peter, and I fell sorry that he got in to this mess.

He is one the nicest people one the island.

Don't you think ,if they were conducting any illegal business, word would have got around?Samui is still a small place,in the sense that any such activities would have been talked or gossiped about.Especially with 2 high profile people on the island.

Any faux pas from people in the lime light is very quickly seized upon.in that case nothing was ever said or reported.In all the other reports it states SEVERAL BUSINESSES have complained.So far all I can see is the EX partner.

[TheAfter all - theyare just foreigners who take 'the cream off the milk'.... another well doin' property developer was cought while trying to escape a police check point - with 2 bags of illicit substances - stories like this are abundend.

Many of them are manufactured from hearesay and halftruths, bend to any possible distortion to make it fit somehow.

Well,well,well

So the "German legs it leaving his new BMW" with bags of ............Pills,aspirin no doubt,

has emerged again

And where is said German now?

Answers please,on a postcard, to the nearest plod office.

I've never been to Samui and have never met or heard of any of the people involved, BUT, I have to say that I find it very suspicious that three Foreigners get arrested just a couple of days after "high ranking TRT officials" get accused of illegal property encroachment!

I would be surprised if this wasn't just a big red herring.

According to the Thai papers the high ranking TRT party members are still under investigation.

And we all know what will come of that investigation.

Inactive post?

will anyone have the nerve to tell the truth here?

i know of people who have been threatened by these people , and they are very scared.

many people are scared to go to the bungy or the billabong for chance of being caught up in the whole affair.

evrybody will keep quiet and defend them to avoid repercussions.

i will , i want to live here for a while yet.

According to the Thai papers the high ranking TRT party members are still under investigation.

And we all know what will come of that investigation.

Inactive post?

For those at the land office maybe, high ranking TRT will more than likely be cleared of all charges, who knows maybe the fact finding team will find they were framed by democrats. :o

Yes, mr. scared. Add some substance to your post.

Are you suggesting that Crispin and/or Peter went around threatening people?

I don't live on Samui, but I'm there up to six months annually. Never once heard the suggestion that Crispin was involved in such business.

So, flesh out your claim.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

@sbk:

Yep, the ministry of inactive post's is the most active it seems... :D

@mr.scared:

assumption is the mother of all errors, remember the guy which fought, better coined the phrase "the mother of all wars"?

Please do not throw everyone into the same pot! Unless you clearly know who's who and come up with someevidential facts about what you are claiming here for others!!

I have heard..... that it is gonna rainin' sometime in the future.. :o

@jui-jitsu:

let'em come with some evidence - then we'll see - most of this chit-chat is all based on haeresay and much of it coined by the losers who would like to pick some of the cake - but weren't able to manage - others had their Antennas out there for a long time and have seen/envisioned what's comin' along - some didn't have the guts to go ahead - and now the whinging scavangers are comin' along smelling the 'simple' feed.

"they won't let me..." :D

Well, well, well there are so many diggers out there - few know how and where to dig... and the worst are those who use blackmail, the opportunists, the backstabbers.... those acting in the dark! :D trying to make a quick feed out of nothin'....

they are the ones which should get arrested!

Edited by Samuian

Well, I just found out that it is true that Crispin is a member of that motorbike gang, ofcourse that doesn't make him guilty of the other charges, but it does make it more likely.

I'm not sure about what Mr scared is saying, sounds like a load of crap, and from what i've heard Pete is innocent except for maybe renting a property without knowing who to. Unfortunatley it looks like crispin is involved which is the last thing I would have expected, but I have this info from a reliable source, so i'd be surprised if they were wrong about his membership to such a gang.

I wish them luck with their endevours, something is needed to reduce the land prices in these island destinations.

If this is the 'coco land company' I often wondered how they became so big so quick.

I'm not sure that this connection has been made! Perhaps it would be better to wait for some facts before posting such a comment. The company concerned might not take kindly to it.

So does anyone out there know who Peter Watkins Jones is? Is he connected to Coco?

there is a Peter Jones who as reported has a share in the bungy and the Billabong bar in Bohput. the bar is his only connection to coco to my knowledge and it is a partnership that started before the bandito stuff. if it is this Peter Jones he was born in the UK and immigrated as an infant to Australia so maybe it should just be 1 brit and one 1 auzzie. i know all involved and doubt coco are in on this.

Crispin is as straight a man as you'll ever meet. He and his wife Yu do a 2-month cycle with his publication, Samui-Phangan Real Estate Magazine (widely considered to be one of the leading paper real estate publications on Samui), whereby he sells ads, gets the content to the printers, etc, and he also started up Captain Caveman dive shop. Also, remember that this guy has NOTHING to do with land deals - he runs a media publication. In short, in my basic opinion, the guy has no time to be a criminal and already has established legal businesses, which he takes very seriously. He does drive a nice chopper-style motorbike though. Whilst the guy is very well-built and everything, he is a really nice guy, well-spoken and well-mannered. It's very hard for me to imagine him being violent.

Spike, aka Peter Watkin-Jones, is not Australian, though he was alledgedly in the Aussie navy... past that, there's no connection - he's English. He is involved in the Bungy Jump and the Billabong Surf Club.

Spike aka banana aka Peter Joneswas in Aus navy and has lived in Au since the age of 2. go in the bar and lookat the pictures

i know of people who have been threatened by these people , and they are very scared.

many people are scared to go to the bungy or the billabong for chance of being caught up in the whole affair.

Yeah, I'll have the 'nerve' to tell the truth here; I had a drink with Peter last night and guess what - it wasn't in a cell !!! He's out !!!!! .After so many posts that jumped the gun about their impending fate I do believe it's you "Mr Scared" that has got some 'nerve' in posting your crap in this forum.

The poor bloke and his family have been through this week already and twits like you need your comments shot down for the unsubstantiated <deleted> that they are....

"i will, I want to live here for a while yet" - Then for god sake treat other residents the way you'd like to be treated yourself instead of being such a plum.... :o

".....Then for god sake treat other residents the way you'd like to be treated yourself instead of being such a plum.... :o

I'll sign that!

Poeple who claim to 'know' something from hearsay and jump forward with "I know, I know!" are worse than the ones accused of whatsoever!

"INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty!" Remember?

Yeah, I'll have the 'nerve' to tell the truth here; I had a drink with Peter last night and guess what - it wasn't in a cell !!! He's out !!!!! .After so many posts that jumped the gun about their impending fate I do believe it's you "Mr Scared" that has got some 'nerve' in posting your crap in this forum.

The poor bloke and his family have been through this week already and twits like you need your comments shot down for the unsubstantiated <deleted> that they are....

"i will, I want to live here for a while yet" - Then for god sake treat other residents the way you'd like to be treated yourself instead of being such a plum.... :o

I would never trust anyone who signs up to the forum on the day that they make such a posting. Maybe Mr Scared has another agenda altogether. Not only have people been making unsubstantiated comments about those that were arrested, but they have been dragging in anyone that had any connection with them! This can be very damaging for those concerned as there are thousands of people that read this site.