Looking for an Oven Thermometer

Thanyaburi Mac

I would try Ebay - have not looked in more than 20 years but they were not apparent at that time - this is low price from China with free postage and many other listed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Kitchen-Food-Meat-Dial-Stainless-Steel-Oven-Thermometer-Temperature-Gauge-Q-/251545077845?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item3a91414855

Guys

Thanks for the tips. I might drive downtown (ugh!!) for a check at Villa, It's only one hour to the Tesco-Lotus at Suk Soi 50, then BTS up to Nana and hit the Villa on Soi 11. If negative, bus down to Suk 33 and try the original place. If neg again, shed a tear, have a Singha somewhere and head home. Too bad the Texas Lonestar has gone bye bye, that was my suds sipping place for many a year.

Mac

The only one i could find was a stick type and from Lazada, (a tad expensive).

http://www.lazada.co.th/gefu-black-139344.html

Works ok....my oven was reading 40 degrees out.. ie....160 on oven dail.. 200 on thermometer

my bread comes out a treat now.

i know i could alter the thermostat, but, i know the off set now so haven't bothered.

hope this helps.

Have a nice Day.

Edited by firefox999uk
  • Like 1

Ah, MAKRO, there's one up on the Klong Luang Road just north of Rangsit, thx for the suggestion.

Nearest TrueValue is over on Tiwanon Road, awkward to get to from out east of Rangsit. Hold on! Just looked at their www site, they have TAYLORs oven thermometers listed, plus they've expanded to new locations, including Sukumvit soi 26, and closer yet, Ramintra. Might try the latter this morning. Thx.

Am surprised that IKEA doesn't have these:

I am sorry ka k.Thompson, the oven thermometer is not available at Ikea Bangna.
Best regards,
Customer Relations
IKEA Thailand
Ikano (Thailand) Limited
38 Moo 6 Bangna-Trad Rd, Km.8
Bangkaew, Bangplee
Samutprakarn Province, 10540
Thailand

The only one i could find was a stick type and from Lazada, (a tad expensive).

http://www.lazada.co.th/gefu-black-139344.html

Works ok....my oven was reading 40 degrees out.. ie....160 on oven dail.. 200 on thermometer

my bread comes out a treat now.

i know i could alter the thermostat, but, i know the off set now so haven't bothered.

hope this helps.

Have a nice Day.

That looks like a good quality one.

• Like 1

Thought I already commented on today's trip but looks like it's gone MIA.... So, ....

I made the run down to the TrueValue outlet at the Promenade on Ramintra, right next to Fashion Island, about one hour down, 40++ km. Lots of goodies to see there, remembrances of a TrueValue in the U.S. Costs not too far out of sight. Note, tho, this outlet is kinda small so they're more oriented to household, picnic, small tools and gardening. Reckon one or more of the other outlets will have the large tools, wheelbarrows, etc.

Anyway, they didn't have this specific oven thermometer in stock, had a couple of meat types, stick-ins, fridge types, but not for ovens. Asked the gals, one made a phone call to HQ, and they have it in stock at another outlet. Will deliver tomorrow.

But, I really don't want to drive down there again so soon, so I asked the gals about posting it to me. Well, sure, can do, just leave another baht 20. Good deal, sez I, and did so.

BTW, the oven thermometer ran baht 220, reasonable enough, I think.

Mac