ED Visa extension refused

Hi,

actual my local immigration office refused to extend my ED Visa i made 4.July in Vientiane.

No I have a big problem and i need some advice what do next.

My Visa history:

• 14.Jan 2014 entering Thailand with 2 entry Tourist visa which i extended without problems
  • 04.July 2014 entering Thailand with ED Visa, first extension refused.

I'm 50+, divorced from Thai woman, 1 daughter 10 years old, which lives all the time by me. She visit the local school and is really happy in this country

and don't like to go back to her mum but also don't like to lief this country.

My local immigration office recommend me to make an non-o visa depending on my Thai daughter. The immigration officer ask me if i have

enough money on my account. I told a clearly no, not at moment. Answer: no problem, i should going on with non-o visa.

What i need to know, what is the actual regulation for non-o depending on Thai child, what paperwork i have to prepare for

the embassy in Vientiane and will the immigration broader officer my request more information when i enter Thailand?

Thanks to all in advanced for an advice

Regards, Uwe

To get more time you could get a 60 day extension to visit your daughter. She will need to go with you when you apply.

You will her Thai birth certificate (plus a copy) and a copy of her house book registry and ID card if she has one. You may also need proof of residence.

The same documents will get you a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane.

Do you have custody of your daughter granted to you when you got divorced? You will need this to get a one year extension.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai Bank or proof of 40k baht income.

You will need the same documents for her again for the one year extension.

Every office has different requirements But most will want a map to your house and photos of you and your daughter in and around the house with one showing you both under or beside the house number. Some will also want pictures of you both at her school.

Can I ask why they refused to extend your ED visa? Hope you manage to sort things out for your family

My local immigration office has a problem with a school in Lopburi. After 5 hour interview with me and 2 representative

from the school they decided not to give any extension based on this school

Edited by petercool
request fro poster edit
  • Like 2

To get more time you could get a 60 day extension to visit your daughter. She will need to go with you when you apply.

You will her Thai birth certificate (plus a copy) and a copy of her house book registry and ID card if she has one. You may also need proof of residence.

The same documents will get you a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane.

Do you have custody of your daughter granted to you when you got divorced? You will need this to get a one year extension.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai Bank or proof of 40k baht income.

You will need the same documents for her again for the one year extension.

Every office has different requirements But most will want a map to your house and photos of you and your daughter in and around the house with one showing you both under or beside the house number. Some will also want pictures of you both at her school.

What you wrote looks very bad for our all future because the proof of income i can't bring at this time.

What means, cancel school, cancel house rent and go home sad.png even my daughter is Thai and don't like to

move again

Edited by inthanet

First get the 60 day extension to visit your daughter then a single entry non-o.

You can get 5 months with a single entry non-o and the 60 day extension with no trips out of the country.

You could get possibly get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet if you have custody of your daughter. You could also get a 60 day extension for each entry.

No financial proof is needed for any of the above.

First get the 60 day extension to visit your daughter then a single entry non-o.

You can get 5 months with a single entry non-o and the 60 day extension with no trips out of the country.

You could get possibly get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet if you have custody of your daughter. You could also get a 60 day extension for each entry.

First at all thanks for your info, this give me a little hope.

Sorry that i ask again but i'm not sure if i understand all correct what you wrote.

On my Visa history i posted at the beginning of this thread, you can see I have NO experience about Visa application in Thailand

You wrote,

60 Day extension on what?

What I have to apply when I go to Vientiane? Non-O?

Please take the time and let me understand, I'm really in stress at moment and may confused with all what I was reading the last few days.

Thanks very much in advance

Regards Uwe

Sorry that i ask again but i'm not sure if i understand all correct what you wrote.

On my Visa history i posted at the beginning of this thread, you can see I have NO experience about Visa application in Thailand

You wrote,

Please take the time and let me understand, I'm really in stress at moment and may confused with all what I was reading the last few days.

Regards Uwe

You can apply for the 60 day extension (extensions are not visas) for your current 90 day entry from the non-ed visa. You can do it at your local immigration office.

After that 60 day extension ends you can go to the Embassy in Vientiane and a apply for single entry non-o visa that will give you another 90 entry that you could extend for 60 days at immigration. That would give you a total of 5 months of stay.

For the extensions and non-o visa all you need is your child's birth certificate and a copy their house book registry.

You still have not answered the question I asked before about you having custody of your daughter that would of been granted when you got divorced.

You wrote,

Regards Uwe

You can apply for the 60 day extension (extensions are not visas) for your current 90 day entry from the non-ed visa. You can do it at your local immigration office.

After that 60 day extension ends you can go to the Embassy in Vientiane and a apply for single entry non-o visa that will give you another 90 entry that you could extend for 60 days at immigration. That would give you a total of 5 months of stay.

For the extensions and non-o visa all you need is your child's birth certificate and a copy their house book registry.

You still have not answered the question I asked before about you having custody of your daughter that would of been granted when you got divorced.

The local immigration office refuse to make any extension based on my ED Visa. They told me i have to start with an new Visa application outside Thailand.

Thant means, I have to apply for NON-O in Vientiane, right?

Have you tried to apply for the 60 day extension to visit your child?
They refused your ED extension which is only one that can be done for most people.

You don't have to have a non-o visa to get the 60 day extension you could make a border crossing and get a visa exempt entry and get the 60 day extension.

They refused your ED extension which is only one that can be done for most people.

You don't have to have a non-o visa to get the 60 day extension you could make a border crossing and get a visa exempt entry and get the 60 day extension.

That means, I can leave Thailand with my single entry ED Visa which is valid until 1.Oct and reenter on visa exempt based on this ED Visa?

Where I have to apply for an visa exempt?

That means, I can leave Thailand with my single entry ED Visa which is valid until 1.Oct and reenter on visa exempt based on this ED Visa?

Uwe, Visa Exempt means you leave the country and return back. You should get 30 days by crossing the border or fly out and return back.You can extent for 60 days at your local immigration.

A visa exempt entry is the 30 day entry you get if you do not have a visa when you enter the country.

You ED visa was only valid for one entry so you will get nothing more from it.

You need to go back to immigration and apply for the 60 day extension.

definitely, change the school and problem solved.

You right, this here is not an common problem, it has to do only with this branch of the school in Lopburi. This branch is open since

2 years or more and I'm the first student i guess. The last 9 month the shutter down, nobody in the office only when I have an appointment

the school send somebody to the branch. I really can confirm that the immigration office in Lopburi are very kindly and try to help me.

UbonJoe is once again THE MAN.

thumbsup.gif

I was wondering, provided it wasn't too much effort, if all this visa info could be summarized and pinned somewhere?

is the school legit and were you actually studying every week?

So far as I know, the school has all paper from ministry of education and should with this by an legit school.

I stop studying at moment because i have to sort out first at all my Visa problem to be sure I have to

to leave Thailand with my daughter soon. I will going on with Thai studying soon, I started

studying Thai because I need it. For me was this perfect to connect studying Thai and have at same time

an visa.

Sorry to hear that. May we know the name of the school and their website? A lot of schools just sell visas and don't have any classes. Price offered is usually low but if the immigration thinks it's not a real school getting extension may be more difficult. It was always my worry that sooner or later visa mill schools will destroy a beneficial system for students. Hopefully we will not hear more reports like that.

Walen School

If you are married to Thai then apply for Non Immigrant O visa based on marriage and get the visa you must have 400 000 in a bank. If not married the same procedure and you get a retirement visa having 800 000 baht in the bank or an income of 65000 baht a month.

Please read postings more accurately before answering with misplaced obviousness.

OP is:

divorced from Thai woman

and

proof of income i can't bring at this time.

I like to say thanks in my name and in the name of my daughter to all for your advises and recommendations.

I will apply for non-o to get my 90 days with extension up to 5 month. Time should be enough to

work on my financial proof for an retirement visa.

uj.jpg

Edited by inthanet

I wrote already that Immigration in Udon thani also refused to ge tme 60 days extension for visit thai child with a ED visa.

• 2 weeks later...