Bangkok: Teen boy stabbed to death for not helping out in kitchen

webfact

Are there any good stories coming out of Thailand lately?

I'm gonna have to stop reading these news clips.

Reading them is one thing. Some posters here feeling the need to comment publicly on every bad thing that happens is another ball game entirely.

Edited by laobali
  • Like 1

I can't believe a Thai would do this. Were there any migrant workers or foreign tourists in the vacinity?

Tragic , and a terrible waste of life .

I feel for this boys family and friends.

Often Life is taken so cheaply in undeveloped nations such as Thailand .

Such a completely unnecessary ending to such a young life.

are you suggesting teens dont murder each other in developed countries?

Because westerners openly argue and disagree with each other and don't have "face" to protect, we are good at conflict resolution.

Thais, due to their society rules have to bottle up emotion and there is no conflict resolution at any level.

That's why they explode in violence over trivial things that totally boggle the western mind.

so western teenagers dont blow up over trivial things and perform violent acts? is that what you'd have us believe? lol

just a Thai boy!

this topic is running more than an hour and just 7 replies.

if the boy where British we had already 4 pages full of "insightfull" comments.

this is disgusting!!!

RIP young fellow

It's not disgusting, it's just not surprising.

Have you seen the topic just posted about the 56 year old Thai man shot five times for intervening in an argument at a restaurant (also Thai)?

Between Thais, this happens a lot. See my previous post as to why.

have you checked america's homicide rate recently? this post is just as ridiculous as your previous one pal

just a Thai boy!

this is disgusting!!!

RIP young fellow

Have you seen the topic just posted about the 56 year old Thai man shot five times for intervening in an argument at a restaurant (also Thai)?

have you checked america's homicide rate recently? this post is just as ridiculous as your previous one pal

I'm not your pal. You dispute that Thais know nothing about conflict resolution? A lot of people don't agree with you.

Yes, there are murders in first world countries for trivial reasons, but, nowhere near as frequent as Thailand.

Murder rate is high in the US for different and more complex reasons. Compared to Europe and Australia, Thailand's murder rate is off the chart.

This thread is not so much about a murder as the unbelievable triviality of the perceived offence. It is common here and I explained why. If you don't believe it, you're going to have to come up with a better argument than "have you checked america's homicide rate recently?"

• Like 1

Because westerners openly argue and disagree with each other and don't have "face" to protect, we are good at conflict resolution.

Thais, due to their society rules have to bottle up emotion and there is no conflict resolution at any level.

That's why they explode in violence over trivial things that totally boggle the western mind.

so western teenagers dont blow up over trivial things and perform violent acts? is that what you'd have us believe? lol

Yes they do. But, in Thailand it isn't confined to teenagers and it happens frequently.

In the last three days, I can remember reading on Thaivisa.

Man shot in restaurant five times as he came between a man and woman arguing.

A man shot dead due to a wall being built across an orchard.

A young man killed because he wouldn't help with household chores.

And I've heard dozens more for just as trivial reasons as I'm sure most people here have, too.

Edited by KarenBravo

just a Thai boy!

this is disgusting!!!

RIP young fellow

I'm not your pal. You dispute that Thais know nothing about conflict resolution? A lot of people don't agree with you.

Yes, there are murders in first world countries for trivial reasons, but, nowhere near as frequent as Thailand.

Murder rate is high in the US for different and more complex reasons. Compared to Europe and Australia, Thailand's murder rate is off the chart.

This thread is not so much about a murder as the unbelievable triviality of the perceived offence. It is common here and I explained why. If you don't believe it, you're going to have to come up with a better argument than "have you checked america's homicide rate recently?"

I have to agree with the above poster-

On many occasions i have seen violence appear for what seemed like very little reason, in Thailand .

In one instance a woman was being beaten badly after her husband had been nagged seconds earlier.

I was luckily, for her, able to restrain him, but not before he threatened to kill me too.

On another occasion a man refused a Baht bus driver on one i was travelling on and the driver punched his mouth so hard several teeth were dislodged and then he drove away recklessly.

I can come to no other conclusion then that some Thais may need to vent more verbally and try to resolve further a lot of the time.

Edited by Fred Flinstone

I will not be surprised if one of my thai neighbours will end up dead one day . Sometimes I can hear loud voices and fighting there in the middle of the night . It's their private life and Thais just dont want to intervene , then the shit hits the fan and it will be too late .

Edited by balo

tragic awful waste of a life. but note the lack of details, the lack police.statemnts no.governer statement, there aint gonna be any finacial ripples so why should the powers to be even appear to care ? saying that ,,,reality check most places are relatively the same.

What is it with young thais? They have gone off the rails. Surely it has not been this prevalent in decades gone by? If so the population would not be as it is. Drugs? Alcohol? Or just no respect for each other and the law? I think it is no respect for the law and they think that there will be no repercussions, as in the past. The army needs to be so strong in showing the people that every action has a reaction. The courts need to get in line with this too. Severe and swift punishment to teach all. Birch maybe?

Another outstanding Thai citizen in the making...the killer will probably be recruited by one of the drug mafias as a hit man and extortionist...jolly good show...another feather in the cap of the Land of Smiles...

Yes what you say is perfectly true but in my opinion its just not Thais, it seems to be all southeast asians that have the same trait of FACE.

I can't believe a Thai would do this. Were there any migrant workers or foreign tourists in the vacinity?

Tragic , and a terrible waste of life .

I feel for this boys family and friends.

Often Life is taken so cheaply in undeveloped nations such as Thailand .

Such a completely unnecessary ending to such a young life.

Television caused and or violent video