Counts start in Scottish referendum

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 Out of 32 Scottish Regions Finish Voting for Independence, 45.7% Say Yes, 54.3% Say No

EDINBURGH, September 19 (RIA Novosti) – With 26 out of 32 Scottish council areas having finished voting in the independence referendum, 45.7 percent of Scots are in favor of separating from the United Kingdom, while 54.3 percent are against.

So far, 1,176,952 Scottish people have voted "Yes", while 1,397,077 have voted "No".

Earlier, it was reported that Scotland's largest city, Glasgow, has opted for Scottish independence, according to the council area's referendum results.

Source: http://en.ria.ru/world/20140919/193077063/26-Out-of-32-Scottish-Regions-Finish-Voting-for-Independence-457.html

-- RIA Novosti 2014-09-19

NBC News in the U.S. has Glasgow voting yes but the overall national vote so far as strongly in favor of No.

No: 53.8&

Yes 46.2&

26 of 32 regions reported.

Waiting however for the financial center of Edinburgh to pretty much put it our of the reach of Yes.

I'd be pleased to see Scotland as a whole vote no on yes. wink.png

Each year at a school where I taught in Bkk there was international day with all the flags displayed of the many countries of the foreign teachers. Each year the Scots and the Brits expats waged a mortal struggle over the Scotts hanging out the St Andrews Cross flag as representing Scotland alongside the Union Jack.

The success of "no" in winning the referendum will settle things formally for a while but only for a while and I doubt it will ever subdue the bravehearts.

My god, just now from the Telegraph.....

The City of Edinburgh has said No by a big margin

Yes: 123,927

No: 194,638

Will the last one to leave please turn off the lights, thx.