Scotland votes no to independence

webfact

I cringe when i see the Nationalist say "Real Scotts" Insinuating that people that myself are not a real Scotsman.

Sad really but this is what that evil man Salmond has left behind

=================================>>

I cringe when I see people who claim to be Scottish but can not spell Scots -- even in bold italics ;) Scotland has much higher education standards than that ;)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cringe when i see the Nationalist say "Real Scotts" Insinuating that people that myself are not a real Scotsman.

When his side have to go to African Church meetings just for votes they can never use the words "Real Scots".........sad.png

• Like 1

Most of us will be dead by the next time a vote is held. Only about 36% actually votes "YES"

Why? Because the ones that did not vote for what ever reason were in no way going to be YES voters. The Passion/Hate/Drive in the Yes camp was so deeply entrenched that the chances of any YES voters not going to the poll by hook or by crook is very slim. The ones that didn't vote would have votes NO if they had to legally. The YES camp need to accept it's over. The Scottish public voted overwhelmingly that we must maintain the Union.

The crap coming out from usually sane people is disturbing. My brother has been told by me to never contact me or my family again because of the crazy way he's reacted and we are a good normal down to earth small family.

Don't let this nonsense break up your family, there's no point. It's only about imaginary lines on a map. Countries don't actually exist whatever anyone says. It's all a mass delusion.

Time heals everything, right now, it's not healthy for me to be in touch with him.

Most of us will be dead by the next time a vote is held. Only about 36% actually votes "YES"

Why? Because the ones that did not vote for what ever reason were in no way going to be YES voters. The Passion/Hate/Drive in the Yes camp was so deeply entrenched that the chances of any YES voters not going to the poll by hook or by crook is very slim. The ones that didn't vote would have votes NO if they had to legally. The YES camp need to accept it's over. The Scottish public voted overwhelmingly that we must maintain the Union.

The crap coming out from usually sane people is disturbing. My brother has been told by me to never contact me or my family again because of the crazy way he's reacted and we are a good normal down to earth small family.

Don't let this nonsense break up your family, there's no point. It's only about imaginary lines on a map. Countries don't actually exist whatever anyone says. It's all a mass delusion.

Time heals everything, right now, it's not healthy for me to be in touch with him.

I know what you mean, I haven't seen the old man for years. He's a <deleted> mind.

Very sad for the little Englanders who wish any single person dead. This has never been about any one politician, it's only about the SNP who were voted into power by a landslide on the promise of Independence.

Westminster has a history of keeping the fringes of UK under control by the "divide and conquer" system. It worked well in Wales, but there's rumblings now which might show that the Welsh are not done with yet. When England was divided into regions and districts - who benefitted? Was it not the Westminster politicans who now had much fewer individual authorities to dealk with, but the budget for doing that "lesser" job went up and up -- year after year.

Catalonia has a huge problem now to overcome a highly resistive central government and I would not be surprised if there were not conversations between the Catalonian politicans and the SNP as to how to accomplish their aims. Even Thailand supposedly sent an observer, but judging from the posted photos there was time for him to absorb some "Scottish-ness" wink.png

Fink your living a few centuries back, TODAY.......rolleyes.gif

Tell me, you say the SNP was voted in by a landslide so Scotland would become Independent.

What went wrong then, when the big occasions took place for that to happen. ?

PLEASE DO NOT say folk were told lies by Westminster at the last minute cos folk like you have been telling Scots Westminster has been telling lies for decades.....rolleyes.gif

So sorry you focus on Scotland when I am actually talking about the principles of the right of a people to be independent smile.png

Velly solly, my mistake, thought this was the Scots Indy thread........sad.png

BUT, as a true YES guy you dodged my question, seems you all do that........rolleyes.gif

All answered before asked :)

Sorry franky but I find it hard to take anyone as real who posts a picture of someone with

two pencils up his nose to represent himself and tells me not to look a man in the eye when

I am eating a banana.

IMHO you don't come across as a real anything mate.

Best you have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror if you think someone like Alex Salmond,

who has spent his entire life seeking self determination and independence for Scotland, is evil.

IMO you most definitely are not a real Scotsman. facepalm.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Sorry franky but I find it hard to take anyone as real who posts a picture of someone with

two pencils up his nose to represent himself and tells me not to look a man in the eye when

I am eating a banana.

Best you have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror if you think someone like Alex Salmond,

who has spent his entire life seeking self determination and independence for Scotland, is evil.

Point proven.

Deflect, deny, decieve

Who exactly are you to tell me where i come from?

Go into fine detaiul as there's a lot of people watching this thread and i'd hate for you to make an fool of yourself.....again........... my fine Jockanese countryman

• Like 1

I am eating a banana.

Point proven.

Deflect, deny, decieve

Go into fine detaiul as there's a lot of people watching this thread and i'd hate for you to make an fool of yourself.....again........... my fine Jockanese countryman

Where you come from does not always define what you are. :) You are only as good as others' perceptions of you :D

• Like 1

Thai Visa requires no physical-fitness program. Everyone gets enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying of the handle, running down the mods , flogging dead horses, knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility, and pushing their luck. w00t.gif

• Like 1

I am eating a banana.

Point proven.

Deflect, deny, decieve

Where you come from does not always define what you are. smile.png You are only as good as others' perceptions of you biggrin.png

As a person yes, not my nation of birth. Stick with me kidda, you'll learn a LOT

I am eating a banana.

Point proven.

Deflect, deny, decieve

" Point proven " Are you saying you are not a real Scotsman?

" Deflect, deny, deceive " What am I deflecting and denying? Am I deflecting you from the fact that

you think you are a real Scotsman and denying you the right to be one? or are you deceiving yourself

into thinking you are one??

I have no idea where you come from and would never presume to tell you. I would relish telling you

where to go though, but I will refrain from doing so for now. giggle.gif

I have no idea what " detaiul " you wish me to go into?

I, like anyone on this thread, have the right to state my opinion and you most certainly have the right to

disagree with that opinion, that is your perogative. So please do so if you wish. thumbsup.gif

" Deflect, deny, deceive " What am I deflecting and denying? Am I deflecting you from the fact that

you think you are a real Scotsman and denying you the right to be one? or are you deceiving yourself

I have no idea where you come from and would never presume to tell you. I would relish telling you

I, like anyone on this thread, have the right to state my opinion and you most certainly have the right to

disagree with that opinion, that is your perogative. So please do so if you wish. thumbsup.gif

Move on mate. You lost, badly.

I hate seeing what this has done to guys like you (i'm assuming you're an educated guy)

Thai Visa requires no physical-fitness program. Everyone gets enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying of the handle, running down the mods , flogging dead horses, knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility, and pushing their luck. w00t.gif

WoW, some of my recent "personal" history to a T...thumbsup.gif

<snip>

I believe parliament is in recess and closed which means your so called civil servants are all on

holiday until parliament resumes, so little chance of anything happening for sometime yet. facepalm.gif

Do you really believe that civil servants all get the same lengthy holidays as MPs?

Are you really that ignorant?

Parliament may be in recess, but the work of government goes on.

Edit; posted before reading the above.

To answer your question, susteno, it seems that he knows b*gg*r all!

Have to put my hand up to being a bit impetuous on the civil servant thing, guess I slipped on

the old banana skin there eh.

Still civil servants don't make laws and parliament is closed so no parliament no politicians to

do anything and so far I have heard nothing but talk from the three stoogies on their very public

front page Vows, and the same from G Brown on his stormy pre-referendum firebrand timetable

promises speech. Yet to see any action on any of their promises at all.

Feel free to correct me , as I know you will, if I am wrong???? facepalm.gif

Civil servants draft laws according to the instructions of the government; Parliament then makes the draft into law.

Can't be done overnight.

Things are happening, such as the meeting of the Cabinet to discuss this at Chequers over the week end.

A commission chaired by Lord Smith of Kelvin has been set up by the Prime Minister to draft legislation by the end of January.

Agreement on new powers for Scotland 'not easy', says Lord Smith

The head of the new commission on delivering more powers to Scotland has warned it will "not be easy" to get agreement from the Scottish parties.

Lord Smith said those involved in the talks would require "courage" and "compromise" - but he was confident they would rise to the challenge.....

.....Lord Smith, whose appointment was announced by Prime Minister David Cameron in the wake of the referendum "No" vote, said: "We have a willingness, shared by all five of Scotland's main political parties, to strengthen the powers of the Scottish Parliament.

"My message today to the political parties is a simple one - Scotland expects you to now come together, work together and agree the detail of what those powers should be."

It seems that many Scottish Nationalists are objecting that the government, and Labour, also want to look at ways of removing the power of Scottish MPs to vote on purely English matters.

But both have said that more powers for the Scottish government is not dependent on this.

Do you object to the removal of this power? Before you answer, bear in mind that English MPs have never been able to vote on purely Scottish matters.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

As a person yes, not my nation of birth. Stick with me kidda, you'll learn a LOT

============================>>>>>

Let's keep this non-personal or we will lose this topic in the same way as previous ones. wink.png

We are probably all aware of people who are fanatically "Scottish" but have never set foot in Scotland. There's a chinese piper who plays on the great wall in full regalia all the time -- is he more or less Scottish? This question was raised before and never fully answered.

Edited by jpinx

Devolution for England...

We want are own assembly...

As for Scotland a good result but with 45% Scott's no very happy bunnies this morning, is not a good thing, but not only more devolution I suspect the will be announcements this morning and in the weeks to come of many companies who will now invest more in Scotland.

Well you've obviously got your own version of the English language.........cheesy.gif

I hate seeing what this has done to guys like you (i'm assuming you're an educated guy)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Another on bites the dust. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Another on bites the dust. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Come on mate, i know you're better than this. I can imagine it's a real sore one, but to resort to pettiness all because you're stuck in a corner, kinda sad really.

Anyway. Got to go earn the Queens pound, someone has broke something

Jpinx

Given your remarkable lack of logic or insight I conratulate you on managing to get dressed in the mornings.

Thank you smile.png I do an even better encore when democracy prevails smile.png

64% of Scots either voted 'No' or were so unconcerned about Scottish independence that they did not vote at all.

Democracy did prevail.

Or is it, in your opinion, only democracy when people vote the way you want them to?

Let's not try to define democracy. It's enough to agree that the rules are that the majority of votes cast carries the day. Voters who did not vote are not counted in any way at all - not in any analysis unless it is biased and self-serving. It's enough that NO carried it by 55% to 45% -- no more numbers are relevant.

Meantime - back in Westminster - Camerons promise of action on 19th is broken. Now the parties and dragging their heels because to fulfill the promises is a form of political suicide. Westminster MP's voted in from Scotland are an anachronism and should be disbanded. Westminster should govern England and Wales -- Scotland has a Parliament and doesn't need or want 2. If Westminster would just give the powers over to Edinburgh as promised the whole situation will be defused for a while.

As has been said many times by many people on both sides of the border -- Scotland will be independent - it's only a question of when.....

• Like 1

Jpinx

Given your remarkable lack of logic or insight I conratulate you on managing to get dressed in the mornings.

Thank you smile.png I do an even better encore when democracy prevails smile.png

64% of Scots either voted 'No' or were so unconcerned about Scottish independence that they did not vote at all.

Democracy did prevail.

Or is it, in your opinion, only democracy when people vote the way you want them to?

You could also say 54% of Scots voted 'Yes " or were so unconcerned about staying with the union that they did not vote at all.

So did democracy prevail?

Or is it, in your opinion, only democracy when you can use the figures to uphold your views or argument??

Come on mate, i know you're better than this. I can imagine it's a real sore one, but to resort to pettiness all because you're stuck in a corner, kinda sad really.

Anyway. Got to go earn the Queens pound, someone has broke something

Oh I see you are one of those got to have the last word when you lose sort of guys, no

problem have your last word mate.

Perhaps you can answer my question as another dodged it. I will word it slightly in reverse to paint my picture remembering YES blokes stuff.

The SNP was formed to get into power to go for Independence, they achieved a landslide victory to set them on their way by pointing out stitch ups, lies from Westminster over the decades.

Your moment of glory arrived yet 2/3rd's of Scots told you to bugger off.....WHY....?

As Westminster supposedly lied in the last days of the campaign I think Scots will have dismissed that stuff so stick to the facts of 3 centuries of Union. Pleaseclap2.gif

Why..? (And forget the cowards thingy).

<snip>

Meantime - back in Westminster - Camerons promise of action on 19th is broken.

Broken? In what way?

<snip>

Things are happening, such as the meeting of the Cabinet to discuss this at Chequers over the week end.

A commission chaired by Lord Smith of Kelvin has been set up by the Prime Minister to draft legislation by the end of January.

Agreement on new powers for Scotland 'not easy', says Lord Smith

The head of the new commission on delivering more powers to Scotland has warned it will "not be easy" to get agreement from the Scottish parties.

Lord Smith said those involved in the talks would require "courage" and "compromise" - but he was confident they would rise to the challenge.....

.....Lord Smith, whose appointment was announced by Prime Minister David Cameron in the wake of the referendum "No" vote, said: "We have a willingness, shared by all five of Scotland's main political parties, to strengthen the powers of the Scottish Parliament.

"My message today to the political parties is a simple one - Scotland expects you to now come together, work together and agree the detail of what those powers should be."

As Salmond was so fond in saying before the vote when asked for details of how an independent Scotland would work; these things cannot be decided overnight.

The devil is in the detail.

Perhaps you can answer my question as another dodged it. I will word it slightly in reverse to paint my picture remembering YES blokes stuff.

The SNP was formed to get into power to go for Independence, they achieved a landslide victory to set them on their way by pointing out stitch ups, lies from Westminster over the decades.

Your moment of glory arrived yet 2/3rd's of Scots told you to bugger off.....WHY....?

As Westminster supposedly lied in the last days of the campaign I think Scots will have dismissed that stuff so stick to the facts of 3 centuries of Union. Pleaseclap2.gif

Repetition is becoming boring, but it's worth observing that there are certainly plenty of cowards involved - all the Westminster MP's who are scared to death of their own demise.

• Like 1

<snip>

Democracy did prevail.

You could also say 54% of Scots voted 'Yes " or were so unconcerned about staying with the union that they did not vote at all.

So did democracy prevail?

Or is it, in your opinion, only democracy when you can use the figures to uphold your views or argument??

It is generally accepted that people who want change are more likely to go out and vote than people who are happy with the status quo; certainly more likely to vote than those who don't give a toss either way.

But, as jpinx said;

<snip>

Let's not try to define democracy. It's enough to agree that the rules are that the majority of votes cast carries the day. Voters who did not vote are not counted in any way at all - not in any analysis unless it is biased and self-serving. It's enough that NO carried it by 55% to 45% -- no more numbers are relevant.

You lost, Scotland voted to remain in the Union: live with it.

<snip>

it's worth observing that there are certainly plenty of cowards involved - all the Westminster MP's who are scared to death of their own demise.

That would be the Scottish ones.

Had Scotland left the Union it is only they who would have lost their place at the trough. English, Northern Irish and Welsh MPs would have kept theirs!

• Like 1

Repetition is becoming boring, but it's worth observing that there are certainly plenty of cowards involved - all the Westminster MP's who are scared to death of their own demise.

Oui, you've had your go at this, it's his turn.....rolleyes.gif ..........laugh.png

<snip>

it's worth observing that there are certainly plenty of cowards involved - all the Westminster MP's who are scared to death of their own demise.

That would be the Scottish ones.

Had Scotland left the Union it is only they who would have lost their place at the trough. English, Northern Irish and Welsh MPs would have kept theirs!

Agreed -- that would have been the best result for everyone in the whole of the UK and Scotland.