Google Crome Offline CM ?

jonwilly

If you could spell "Chrome"; your complaint would be more convincing. Mine works fine, but then again; my OS is legal.

You mean your free browser is legal ?

Didn't know there were illegal free browsers, thanks for pointing that out.

Why can't people read posts properly? Thighlander was refering to the OS and not the browser, free or otherwise.

If you could spell "Chrome"; your complaint would be more convincing. Mine works fine, but then again; my OS is legal.

Why can't people read posts properly? Thighlander was refering to the OS and not the browser, free or otherwise.

And what has the legallity of an OS to do with the functioning of a third party free browser.

Did the OP mention that his PC wasn't functioning ?

And what has the legallity of an OS to do with the functioning of a third party free browser.

If he can't browse, there's something wrong isn't there?

I'm totally confused by the OP

TITLE: Google Crome Offline CM ?

I normally use Crome Browser but this evening from 22.30 to now 23.00 Crome is not available.
My Safari connection is good hence this post.
john

... Crome [Chrome] Browser ... Crome is not available ... My Safari connection ... hence this post.

While a 'Safari Browser' can be downloaded and installed for Microsoft Windows OS, it is mostly used under Apple's OSX and iOS platforms.

Is there a question here somewhere (other than my own)? I'm at a loss.

My Chrome has been failing to load pages on and off for the past week. Ran full and start up scans with AVAST, checked for adware, no problems found. Uninstalled it and reinstalled, same issue.

Uninstalled and installed Firefox instead. Solved.

Strangely my Firefox has been showing 'the connection was reset' on a fairly regular basis for about a week--could be Internet signal/connectivity issue, I guess, or my own PC/Spyware/Temp files, etc but it's not a normal occurrence.

I keep my Spyware scanned, virusware up to date, and so on--but will check all before contacting True Internet for a check.

It'd be nice, when asking for help (especially for IT / Telecom help), people describe their issues with the proper words / names.

A description of the IT environment would help as well! (i.e.: I'm using PC / Win 7 / Chrome browser rel x.xxx,, with ABC extensions, etc.)

Just my 2 cents

Correct, there is something wrong, but you failed to answer my question.

So because Google chrome all of sudden stops working, it clearly has worked previously and the OS also still seems to work, can be blamed on an counterfeit OS?

Let's just make this about Chrome; OK?...Miss-spellings accepted.

I was also having trouble with Chrome earlier in the week. Lower task bar kept reading "searching for chrome" for long periods, FIREFOX seemed OK though pages did load slower than normal.

TRUE was acting slow for many people earlier in the week. I've read two reasons; first, that TRUE had instituted a new filtering system on Monday and second, that an important undersea cable off the Philippines had been damaged in the Typhoon.

I don't know if any of that is true or not but everything seemed to be running normally by Thursday for me in Bangkok.

So because Google chrome all of sudden stops working, it clearly has worked previously and the OS also still seems to work, can be blamed on an counterfeit OS?

Since counterfeit OS's often can't be updated, and also often contain malware to begin with, there is a good chance that any such problems can be blamed on them, yes.

Since counterfeit OS's often can't be updated, and also often contain malware to begin with, there is a good chance that any such problems can be blamed on them, yes.

A counterfeit Windows can not connect to the Windows update site, but will still receive the automatic updates. I know, the irony.

Er my Crome is perfectly LEGAL and it really is bad manners to pick folk up for SPELLING especially at 23.00 of a night.

Perhaps a responsible moderator will have words with you.

john

Oh by the way it's all systems back to normal now.

Glad to know it's working again.

Though next time, if you truly are seeking assistance to diagnose and fix a problem, please let us know what type of computer and OS you are using and the proper name of the software (it makes a big difference). Apple, Windows, Linux, and Google OS derivatives all work differently.

Sometimes issues like this are caused by the software attempting to 'phone home' and getting stuck when the mother-ship doesn't answer right away.

Edited by RichCor