ZMA supplement available in Bankok?

Wrong Turn

Is the recover and sleep supplement ZMA available in Bangkok? Athletes and people who life weight use it.

Some background:

Roll over image to zoom in
Optimum Nutrition ZMA, 180 Capsules
  • One bottle containing 180 ZMA capsules
  • With zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6
  • To increase muscle strength and anabolic hormone levels
  • Clinical trials have shown that ZMA can significantly increase anabolic hormone levels and muscle strength in well-trained athletes
  • May also help to increase endurance, muscle healing and growth, and restful sleep

I think I read it a short time ago somewhere.....I recall it as ZMA caught my attention and after reading it, I thought it is nonsense.

You may also look at phukethealthshop (I can't check because my internet is so slow at the moment).

I don't think there is anything special about ZMA being in one capsule

Not hard to source all 3 separately.

Victor Conte of Balco fame who invented/popularized ZMA said in an interview it works well for people who have deficiencies of those 3 common nutrients.

Once a deficiency is reversed then does not do much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement)

Zinc blocks amrotease which converts testosterone to estrogen there by raising your testosterone levels. Magnesium is a muscle relaxant and it can help you sleep when most growth hormone is released. Older men need to be very carefull with there estrogen levels. Yes you could take all 3 vitamins and minerals separately typically you need higher levels than what is found in ZMA.

Zinc blocks amrotease which converts testosterone to estrogen there by raising your testosterone levels. Magnesium is a muscle relaxant and it can help you sleep when most growth hormone is released. Older men need to be very carefull with there estrogen levels. Yes you could take all 3 vitamins and minerals separately typically you need higher levels than what is found in ZMA.

I don't know if I am right but for blocking the aromatase you need to eat huge amounts. Estrogen has some very important functions...it makes the females live longer because of several positive effects.

If you are older and hormones are not balanced, eating some Zinc won't help.

Check hormone levels in the blood. Post the results, read on the internet. Search for bodybuilding and PCT. There are some interesting informations.

Bodybuilders who abuse hormones end with their body not producing much Testosterone anymore but might be full of Estrogen. They have detailed knowledge of such problems and how to counter them.

And there will be enough scary things to read what may happen if you mess around too much.

I don't know if I am right but for blocking the aromatase you need to eat huge amounts. Estrogen has some very important functions...it makes the females live longer because of several positive effects.

Check hormone levels in the blood. Post the results, read on the internet. Search for bodybuilding and PCT. There are some interesting informations.

Bodybuilders who abuse hormones end with their body not producing much Testosterone anymore but might be full of Estrogen. They have detailed knowledge of such problems and how to counter them.

And there will be enough scary things to read what may happen if you mess around too much.

A person should take no more than 90mg of zinc a day so it doesn't take a lot. I control my estrogen with only zinc and yes anyone who wants to control the hormones should have at a min. of one blood test a year. Your post really doesn't provide much useful information and has a bit of scare mongering in it. The OP is about ZMA which has very low levels of zinc, mag, and B-6. Males need some estrogen in there body for it to work correctly the information on how much is available for anyone who wants to the research.

Body builders, football players or anyone who abuses hormones can have problems mainly because they take very high doses. I have been on hormone replacement therapy for more than 10 years and no problems but I also have regular blood test and take products that help regulate hormones in the body. There is enough information available on the internet that we can all make good decisions.

A person should take no more than 90mg of zinc a day so it doesn't take a lot. I control my estrogen with only zinc and yes anyone who wants to control the hormones should have at a min. of one blood test a year. Your post really doesn't provide much useful information and has a bit of scare mongering in it. The OP is about ZMA which has very low levels of zinc, mag, and B-6. Males need some estrogen in there body for it to work correctly the information on how much is available for anyone who wants to the research.

Body builders, football players or anyone who abuses hormones can have problems mainly because they take very high doses. I have been on hormone replacement therapy for more than 10 years and no problems but I also have regular blood test and take products that help regulate hormones in the body. There is enough information available on the internet that we can all make good decisions.

40 mg or so is the maximum recommendation (wikipedia). Scare mongering? My recommendation is just to read first. While bodybuilder take way too much, no question, the same things can happen with lower doses with sensitive people and it is not complete unheard of people who take "a little bit more" on their replacement therapy.....

A person should take no more than 90mg of zinc a day so it doesn't take a lot. I control my estrogen with only zinc

I'd rather ask you, than google.

I am 44. Are my estrogen levels increasing? I assume my testosterone levels are decreasing naturally.

I exercise regularly, lifting weight 4 times per week and do cardio 2 times per week on non-lifting days, and I walk a lot also.

A person should take no more than 90mg of zinc a day so it doesn't take a lot. I control my estrogen with only zinc

I am 44. Are my estrogen levels increasing? I assume my testosterone levels are decreasing naturally.

I exercise regularly, lifting weight 4 times per week and do cardio 2 times per week on non-lifting days, and I walk a lot also.

make a blood test, that will give you an overview. With 44 you can have hormones like a Gorilla or you might be half female already....Everyone is different.

My values at 43 are very good. I do a lot heavy lifting and stopped drinking beer. Unfortunately I did not test it before I started the lifting. So I can't tell if it makes a difference.

make a blood test, that will give you an overview. With 44 you can have hormones like a Gorilla or you might be half female already....Everyone is different.

My values at 43 are very good. I do a lot heavy lifting and stopped drinking beer. Unfortunately I did not test it before I started the lifting. So I can't tell if it makes a difference.

I'll get some tests done.

Thanks for the info.