Best place to stay in Lampang?

Trujillo

I have tried several hotels on the river. The Riverside has paper-thin walls and unless you're lucky and have a neighbor who sleeps early, the night will be maddening (that's why they don't have any TVs in the rooms). A couple of the others on the river I tried are nearly windowless hovels. None besides the Riverside have nice patios on the river (but the Riverside has no fans, and it can be cloyingly hot).

So does anyone have a favorite place to stay there? I don't need to be right on the river, but some place nice with some atmosphere.

Thanks...

I really like the Riverside, too. Stayed there several times. I think the old part of Lamphang is great. If you can go on a Saturday you can do the local market along the river road. Some friends of mine just recently stayed at the Auangkham Resort. They loved it. The building is new but built in the old style. The neighborhood is full of old traditional homes. Here's a link http://www.agoda.com/auangkham-resort/hotel/lampang-th.html

We stayed in one recently 2 blocks uphill from the Saturday NIght Bazaar about 5 blocks away from the white btidge that we just stumbled on to....the market was going so driving and getting to the ones on the river....it was basic but only 450B per night - old but clean....there were 2 or 3 others close across the street, we were on the side closest to the river - there was a horse statue at the entrance...

The next day we spent a nice day driving to the hot springs and seeing the 7 waterfalls......we also hopped around some of the Wats and other interesting places we happened on - got a lot of nice pics......

Actually some of the pics we happened upon (rainbows - one ending on our street, sunsets, mirrored tunnels at the right time of day, some of the horses and buggies, waterfalls & hot springs, people scaling the white bridge watching the sunset and swallows returning to the bridge) were nicer than some of the "grander" places we've planned and gone to see - opposed to our impromptu trips - which this was.....

So, give Lampang a whirl......

Edited by pgrahmm

I like much of the Riverside, but as I said, the walls are paper thin. I've stayed there about four times and am just sick of being kept up with people in the next room just talking at a normal level, but sounding right through the wall. I last stayed in the very room you have pictured here, by the way.

Also, in spite of the fact that they have a nice public patio, there are no fans out there and it can be hot and humid as hell.

Sell one of the unused "show" Harley's in the display case and take the money and sound insulate the walls of the hotel and I will be back for sure. Oh, and buy a few fans for the public patio.

Thanks for the other suggestions.

The pin Hotel is basic but clean and well positioned. Good for the markets - which I prefer to the CM markets. About 600 - 700 BHT I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEobedEdxsI

I stayed there once when I couldn't get into the Riverside. I think your evaluation is a fair one.

The Pin Hotel is the one we stayed at when we went "impromptu"...............