Givi Hard Panniers E 21 on a Honda CTX 700n

Thailaw

Chiang Rai Saddlebags has the Givi E21 hard panniers with a "universal rack" that they say "so far, these have easily mounted up to the Kawasaki Versys, ER6N and Ninja sport bikes, the Honda Phantom and the Kawasaki Boss". They have no experience trying to mount them on a CTX. Has any one tried to mount the Givi panniers onto a CTX? Any success? Are modifications to the rack required? If "yes", and "yes", can you please explain or show pictures of what is required. Thanks.

With the universal racks you get some metal multi hole straps. You may need to get spacers made and additional brackets. I wouldn't have thought it's that difficult. Just offer up the racks were you want them and using a tape, pencil and cardboard rough out some ideas.

Edited by casualbiker

With the universal racks you get some metal multi hole straps. You may need to get spacers made and additional brackets. I wouldn't have thought it's that difficult. Just offer up the racks were you want them and using a tape, pencil and cardboard rough out some ideas.

I have looked at the universal mounting racks, and they do have the metal multi hole straps for securing to the bike. But the bike needs to have anchoring points near to the rack, and on the CTX I can only see 1 anchor point, which is the pilon rear foot rest. There really aren't any other screws/bolts into the frame around the area where the boxes would be located. There is a cover on the plastic housing near to the seat that I think covers the mounting holes (2) for the boxes that Honda sells for the CTX. But they are nearly horizontal to the ground, so some additional pieces would be needed to be crafted to come around to perpendicular straps. Perhaps this can be made to work, which is what I am asking. I don't want to buy the boxes and racks and have them shipped to me until I know that they can be made to fit.

Shad sells panniers with racks that are designed to fit the CTX. They look really nice from the pictures on the internet. I have not found a source for them yet in Thailand, nor do I know the price. I would go with a set made for the CTX and avoid the jerry rigging required if the Shad boxes are available and the price is close to that of the Givi side boxes. So, any help in finding a source for the Shad side boxes would also be greatly appreciated.

320 sp also have some hard panniers for cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/320-SP/198202680224575

# Thank you, customers shop with evening coming side box panels GIVI E22 # 8000 baht price lacquer and Kiwi style Universal side # 2800 baht price

they give e22 which is a better model for 8000 thb and mount kid for 2800 thb, maybe they have other models as well.

i remember seeing cheap fake hard panniers there too.