traveling time

mike uk

are the airlines all goinge crazy with there flying times.manchester to bkk 17+ hrs via amsterdam and up to 34hrs bkk- man, and these are not 430 pound tickets average price for travel 30 sept. thro 16 oct 600 pounds and up.the timings for klm ex man they want me to leave man at 05 55 to connect with a flight that leaves ams. at 17 50. no thanks will go via LHR

I booked a flight from Manchester £504 pounds to Bangkok, Both ways only two Hours change over time, I don't mind that, as by the time you have got off the plane in Dubai and got to where your onward departure lounge is its time ti go again. Six hours to Dubai and six to Bangkok both ways again.

Edited by Thongkorn

I too booked with a little over 2 hours stand over time. Emirates £500. Long enough to stretch your legs and get some duty free in.

There were many flights with a long stand by time that were slightly cheaper - but who would want to wait at an airport for 8 hours or so to save a few £.

Easy enough to filter the results by price and flight time with the likes of skyscanner, kelkoo and others.

16 to 17 hours seems the norm from the UK.

Remember to clear your cookies after your last searches on the same sites. Seems to me you get better results and prices that way.

I'd add that MAN generally seems more expensive too when comparing prices. Though that would depend if you are close to MAN and also need to factor in rail travel time and expense.