'Thai police are in a class of their own' article

jspill

I wouldn't give them the implied mana that being called "organised criminals" suggests.

They're simply criminals.

Disorganized clowns that triumphantly go "Ta-Da!" When they sometimes, somehow accidentally find their way out of a paper bag.

T

• Like 1

I wouldn't give them the implied mana that being called "organised criminals" suggests.

They're simply criminals.

Nobody was suggesting that the RTP are "organized" in the sense of being competent. It meant organized in the sense that there is a rigid hierarchy that the fruits of corrupt and illegal activities are to be forwarded up and shared with. To look on the bright side, up until a few months ago Chalerm Yubamrung was the no1 of the Thai police, that must by any definition be the rock bottom, it can only improve.

They have incompetence and corruption as an art form. The UN a few years back classed them as organised criminals. Nothing has changed.

toads art form is stating the known and obvious on TV.

Hmmmm....i did not know about the UN part. Did you ?

I didnt either, thanks Toadie for posting this new and very interesting information, I didnt realise the UN had classed them as such...thumbsup.gif

Oh god, here we go again.

One of the TV favorite topics to whine and complain about.

If it wasn't for the effectiveness of the Thai Police force all these farang would have been robbed and left for dead days after their arrival.

Thanks to the Thai police these farang get to live comfortable lives of relative wealth and get so pissed each day they can barely stumble home and all the while they are left in peace.

Why? Because the Thai Police keep them safe.

What is it about expats that makes so many of them so unhappy about their lot in life? I suppose you complained about back home as well and thats why you moved, eh? And now you're still complaining.

A brilliant article which brings it to the point. I know not everything is perfect at this newspaper but they've published several strong pieces since the coup which I highly appreciate. Would have been better if Voranai wouldn't have left/fired.

If it wasn't for the effectiveness of the Thai Police force all these farang would have been robbed and left for dead days after their arrival.

Thanks to the Thai police these farang get to live comfortable lives of relative wealth and get so pissed each day they can barely stumble home and all the while they are left in peace.

What is it about expats that makes so many of them so unhappy about their lot in life? I suppose you complained about back home as well and thats why you moved, eh? And now you're still complaining.

Since you're so confident about it, do me a favor and provide me with only a SINGLE proof where the Royal Thai Police keeps me safe as you put it. The only times I see the police is when they collect their weekly on the spot fine from motorbikes.

Are you employed by ....the salvation army....?

They have incompetence and corruption as an art form. The UN a few years back classed them as organised criminals. Nothing has changed.

all police in the 3rd world countrys and poor countrys are organised criminals how low is the UN's IQ if they need to put a class on that .... about as low as toads i suspect.

Edited by silomplaya

all police in the 3rd world countrys and poor countrys are organised criminals how low is the UN's IQ if they need to put a class on that .... about as low as toads i suspect.

Well my intellect allows me not to have to dust down blackboards.

Now back to topic Chalky.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/571

AWZAR THI ........ you seriously believe a journalist with a name like that????

Why would his name preclude him from being a credible writer? Should they be Western names to be credible?

I sense a Bwana complex.

AWZAR THI ........ you seriously believe a journalist with a name like that????

Man ... you have nailed it ... thumbsup.gif

People in public life should be more transparent ... it adds to their perceived credibility.

BTW, remiss of me not to have inquired ... silomplaya ... how is life in Cambodia?

With the numbher of press releases made by the RTP concerning the deaths of the British couple a few days back, I thought they were trying to find enployment as national spokesman.

More than a dozen press interviews and other than comtrodicting their procedure a time or two. ''no comment'' would had been just as informitave to the public as to the progross made to date.