Chiang Mai to Krabi

Deano101

Ok. I'm in Chiang Mai at the mo. I would love to go to krabi for a week (got the hotel in mind already)

I see a direct flight from Chiang Mai to Krabi is £193 return. I'm sure there are cheaper options this is obviously the fastest one.

What I need to plan though is, if I go one-way I want to get back to London airport after a week in Krabi. So I would need to alter my current ticket know on british airways. Which I think is Chiang Mai - Bangkok. then Bangkok to London.

Do you reckon it would be fine for me just to fly from Bangkok as that would save me going back to chiang mai just for the flight. I need to figure this out. Or I could cancel my return flight on BA, then get a normal flight just from BKK to Heathrow?

Advice please :)

Dean

Krabi Airport is International with flights to Kuala Lumpur -- and maybe other places ... perhaps you could book out of KL go to Dubai and on to home... Or there could be other options ... worth a shot..

Thanks for the advice pal. What I'm probably gonna do after a bit of research is this. Chiang Mai to Krabi direct 1 way. Then Krabi to BKK (overnight stay) then BKK to LDN next day as British airways giving me the cheapest flight price from BKK to LDN.

All I'm thinking about now is cancelling or amedning my original flight with BA hmmmmmmmm.

Hi there!

I would advise against just showing up in BKK for your return flight to the UK. The first leg, apparently, starts in Chiang Mai and will be serviced by Bangkok Air as a code share flight with BA. I think if you just show up in BKK without checking in at CNX you might find that your reservation was cancelled due to "no show" at CNX.

I think you should talk to BA ahead of time and alter your itinerary to accommodate starting your trip in BKK if you do decide not to return to CNX from Krabi.

Have fun on the beach!!