Thai business man clarifies 'Buy House, Get Free Wife' promotion

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could either of the people in the picture that goes with this story actually legally buy a house here?

yes why not?

If they are Thai Nationality than they can.

Yes true enough.

You reckon they are then?

PMSL .... KEEP THEM COMING HAHAHAHA !!!

I think that it should read "get an Issan bar bride and give her a free house"coffee1.gif ...

Preferably in Isan where her family can move in or least be close to so they are nearer your ATM card.

Why Isarn? This happens just as much in North and Middle Thailand.

Good idea re the free wife - why the hell not?

What he means is for Farangs they can't have property in there name so they have to have to have a wife to

put the house in her name. Just a misunderstanding. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.giftongue.png

IE. Free house for wife

Edited by Ulic

funny that this creative business man put a black guy and a white farang woman..well .....multi racial couple...dangerous coktail especialy if it is a surprise.

but i ask my self :

is this promotion only for blacks?

is this promotion only for farang?

where does he get all those white pretty woman? as he a club ?

and the biggest question:

we are in thailand, so why he didnt put simply a couple of thais instead of farang faces?

or why he didn't put a farang and a thai woman wich is what normaly finaly happen here?

no no, that would have been even worse i guess, for the thainess and the great image of this countryblink.png

anyway this publicity has no sense to me because it is not believable or even funny because out of context...it is a stupid slogan....only for that i would not buy one of his houses.

and for the human woman rights......i would tell them ...yeah ok ...something pejorative, let just do it the other way round ...get a free weekend with that lovely man if you buy this house.....so now what pejorative for the men or still for the woman facepalm.gif ????....he is black you you know..!

now i become a racist because of that, for me, funny comment.?.lets be serious, dont spend your precious asociation time with crap like this.

coffee1.gif

Edited by VINCENT2012

Why's there a flock of sheep outside the house? Is this to attract buyers from Wales?

Those are specially trained TGAU guard sheep.

Costas was on the marketing team.

Out the back, just out of shot, are badger milking sheds.

The very fine print tells you the terms of payment for the 'free' wife.

On a serious note, while the intention of the advertisement is not immediately clear, the idea was that the house was cheaper than others of similar type and, with the savings, you could afford to get married.

Could either of the people in the picture that goes with this story actually legally buy a house?

Was the use of the ' wife ' in question supposed to be a major ' come on ' and what about the male ' house buyer ' ?

No Thai models involved ! Mabye Thais would not get involved in such a terrible ad.

Most of the time non-famous models have no idea of the intent of the ad they are modeling for. But a black man lifting a white woman in his arms for a Thai ad? You'd have to wonder what they were planning

But there was a time (and maybe it persists today, I haven't checked) that they wouldn't use Thai women in underwear ads. Farang females, having far less moral fibre than their Thai counterparts, were Some recruiters found the models down Khaosan Road... In one case a farang woman who went on to be an English teacher was mortified when her image, waist up, wearing only a bra was festooned at every bust stop in the city. She had to start taking motorbike taxis instead of buses because people kept recognising her as she stood, fully clothed in front of her own blown up image.

• Like 2