713,000 baht reward for information leading to arrest of British tourists' murderers

webfact

Pol Maj-Gen Kiatpong Khaosam-ang, the Surat Thani police chief, said that the man who was seen in a video footage wearing just an underwear near the crime scene had been identified as a Thai national working at an entertainment venue on Koh Tao.

The man who was not identified said he wore only an underwear because he was given a rough wakeup to rush to the crime scene when it was reported that two tourists were murdered on the beach.

Now why would a person who it seems has no connection to the police farce force rush to a crime scene clad only in his underwear?

Perhaps there was something at the crime scene he needed to retrieve or remove or possibly it was a ''trick of light ''so to speak and he was actually running away from the crime scene.

'Curiouser and curiouser!' cried a senior police officer (he was so much surprised, that for the moment he quite forgot how to speak good English)

My guess is it takes a lot of time to organise a suitably fitting cover-up for such a big mediatised case, 'finding' the obligatory fall-guys won't be easy either, whoever the 'Asian' who started this awfull mess is, it will cost his family a fortune to wipe this slate clean, but hey, face is priceless... I pity those 'Asian' people, without and with uniform, who MUST know, all or some, and remain silent! The odds for the truth to come out go down by the hour...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pol Maj-Gen Kiatpong Khaosam-ang, the Surat Thani police chief, said that the man who was seen in a video footage wearing just an underwear near the crime scene had been identified as a Thai national working at an entertainment venue on Koh Tao.

The man who was not identified said he wore only an underwear because he was given a rough wakeup to rush to the crime scene when it was reported that two tourists were murdered on the beach.

Now why would a person who it seems has no connection to the police farce force rush to a crime scene clad only in his underwear?

Perhaps there was something at the crime scene he needed to retrieve or remove or possibly it was a ''trick of light ''so to speak and he was actually running away from the crime scene.

'Curiouser and curiouser!' cried a senior police officer (he was so much surprised, that for the moment he quite forgot how to speak good English)

You seem to be making wild assumptions. Despite the incompetence of the RTP I feel sure they checked his story with his bosses so why would his statement not be true? Also the video should be time coded so it should be simple to find out if the alarm had already been raised.

The RTP is NOT incompetent (in criminal research), the problem with the RTP is elsewhere...

With these increasing rewards it will be worth for a wittness to wait a while ...

Not long it seems. Arrest reported this morning of son of well connected island family - after friend of Miller resident foreigner reported on FB his life was in danger and named who he said was killer. Not confirmed by police.

Reported where? Is this an official or credited source or just rumour?

Possibly the snitch is waiting for the reward to increase.

So now there should be some conditions going with it.

Snitch?! Are you &lt;deleted&gt; kidding me? This isn't a Tarantino film mate - 2 young lives were brutally taken away from their friends and family. Snitch... What a &lt;deleted&gt;.

Money always does the trick here in LOS, but what a lame sum to support closure to such a gruesome atrocity? Why can't the government or "other wealthy sources" cough up 5m and thus have the culprits in custody within just minutes? The government, officials and the "influential rich", must understand that this crime and the unethical and superficial media coverage does damage to the country worth far more than 5 or even 10m THB. Are the lifes of this unfortunate couple worth only 713.000 THB to this country? Another insult to the victims and the parents... Shame, shame... sad.png

Edited by catweazle

Money always does the trick here in LOS, but what a lame sum to support closure to such a gruesome atrocity? Why can't the government or "other wealthy sources" not cough up 5m and thus have the culprits in custody within just minutes? The government, officials and the "influential rich", must understand that this crime and the unethical and superficial media coverage does damage to the country worth far more than 5 or even 10m THB. Are the lifes of this unfortunate couple worth only 713.000 THB to this country? Another insult to the victims and the parents... Shame, shame... :(

There are two aspects here. One is that a large sum of that money was put up by an individual and it is creditable that at least one Thai person has stood up to be counted.

It would be much more heartening for the government to offer the reward, thus sending the signal that the country as a whole demands the killers be brought to justice and accepting responsibility in some non specific way.

Was is disheartening about this place is to read the new forestry director in Phuket has felt he has no choice but to resign because of death threats made to him. We also had a previous Phuket governor say something similar about the 'mafia' and that he was relatively powerless to do anything because they knew where his children went to school.

As a person who has also been threatened personally and my children also threatened by a gang that stole my property I well understand their fear. Needless to say I ran away too.

Nobody cares my family have been uprooted and our home thieved from us. Nobody is interested in the government or the justice system and no one wants to help either. Those that pretend to help are just bottom feeding scum lawyers who want money and actively work against you.

What a sad country where officers cannot do their job because they are threatened by these rich scumbags and that no one has the cahones to stand up against them and bring them to task. It is pathetic!

And you are proud of running away??? This is exactly why this shit keeps on happening, Thais know that most westerners have no balls to do shit. The way to deal with this situation is to blow off as many heads as possible, starting with the most powerful family involved and going down the line till you are stopped or there is no one else left to shoot. I bet you if few westerners go postal and bunch of those &lt;deleted&gt; get shot they'll think twice about doing this shit.

Money always does the trick here in LOS, but what a lame sum to support closure to such a gruesome atrocity? Why can't the government or "other wealthy sources" not cough up 5m and thus have the culprits in custody within just minutes? The government, officials and the "influential rich", must understand that this crime and the unethical and superficial media coverage does damage to the country worth far more than 5 or even 10m THB. Are the lifes of this unfortunate couple worth only 713.000 THB to this country? Another insult to the victims and the parents... Shame, shame... sad.png

There are two aspects here. One is that a large sum of that money was put up by an individual and it is creditable that at least one Thai person has stood up to be counted.

It would be much more heartening for the government to offer the reward, thus sending the signal that the country as a whole demands the killers be brought to justice and accepting responsibility in some non specific way.

Was is disheartening about this place is to read the new forestry director in Phuket has felt he has no choice but to resign because of death threats made to him. We also had a previous Phuket governor say something similar about the 'mafia' and that he was relatively powerless to do anything because they knew where his children went to school.

As a person who has also been threatened personally and my children also threatened by a gang that stole my property I well understand their fear. Needless to say I ran away too.

Nobody cares my family have been uprooted and our home thieved from us. Nobody is interested in the government or the justice system and no one wants to help either. Those that pretend to help are just bottom feeding scum lawyers who want money and actively work against you.

What a sad country where officers cannot do their job because they are threatened by these rich scumbags and that no one has the cahones to stand up against them and bring them to task. It is pathetic!

And you are proud of running away??? This is exactly why this shit keeps on happening, Thais know that most westerners have no balls to do shit. The way to deal with this situation is to blow off as many heads as possible, starting with the most powerful family involved and going down the line till you are stopped or there is no one else left to shoot. I bet you if few westerners go postal and bunch of those get shot they'll think twice about doing this shit.

Money always does the trick here in LOS, but what a lame sum to support closure to such a gruesome atrocity? Why can't the government or "other wealthy sources" not cough up 5m and thus have the culprits in custody within just minutes? The government, officials and the "influential rich", must understand that this crime and the unethical and superficial media coverage does damage to the country worth far more than 5 or even 10m THB. Are the lifes of this unfortunate couple worth only 713.000 THB to this country? Another insult to the victims and the parents... Shame, shame... sad.png

I am responsible for three children - I am fighting through the courts which I must do but hanging around to get shot or have my children kidnapped was not an option I spent much time thinking about. Not being a criminal, popping over to kill someone is not something I want on my conscience

And you are proud of running away??? This is exactly why this shit keeps on happening, Thais know that most westerners have no balls to do shit. The way to deal with this situation is to blow off as many heads as possible, starting with the most powerful family involved and going down the line till you are stopped or there is no one else left to shoot. I bet you if few westerners go postal and bunch of those <deleted> get shot they'll think twice about doing this shit.

Rambo is that you ?

BS, I can let lots of things slide, however the minute someone crosses the line and tries to go after my family they are going down no matter how rich or connected they are...

And you are proud of running away??? This is exactly why this shit keeps on happening, Thais know that most westerners have no balls to do shit. The way to deal with this situation is to blow off as many heads as possible, starting with the most powerful family involved and going down the line till you are stopped or there is no one else left to shoot. I bet you if few westerners go postal and bunch of those <deleted> get shot they'll think twice about doing this shit.

Rambo is that you ?

Judged by the posts on this thread, I wonder how the posters here can question the IQ of the Thais??coffee1.gif

I can picture all the small Sherlocks and Poirots sitting in front of their PC's in their rented rooms, spewing their venom at anything Thai-related.

Because they are oh-so-superior (in their own selfinflated opinion) to the locals.

Lord have mercy!!

Depends on your meaning of "Superior". If one financially prepares for tomorrow and beyond so that one's children are not burdened with sending money back home, is one more superior then the one who lives for only today and require remittances? Is one who plans for retirement in their twenties and takes advantage of every financial vehicle possible, to be able to live one's golden years in comfort, superior to one who doesn't? Why would one rent when one can buy a superior condo? Is a good father superior to one who abandons their kids without a second thought? And that spewing venom thingy might be a habit from decades of being one who is not afraid to analyze and confront what is wrong and unjust, because one knows, it is a proven fact, to complain, protest, fight and or die is what it takes to acquire new laws or changes in existing laws to stop social evils. If your answer is "Yes" to this questions then you have answered your own question.

what a bunch of drivel,

none of this captures a double murderer but does show the low level of intelligence of editorialists with apparently nothing better to do but put down others to somehow justify their own pathetic-ness

there is no report on twitter from the two people following this case that anyone has confessed,

however, if this does occur, I would think those same two would want to be sure before they post

I suspect that the statements given by Sean today, turned up the heat

It was reported that the number of suspects had been narrowed down to just two – one being a Thai and the other a Myanmar national.

Yes that reads very positive, but until there is someone to charge, the pool of suspects is much larger.