GrabTaxi service available in Pattaya

webfact

Wow, this is very good news for travellers and local expats in Pattaya. This means I could be anywhere in north pattaya and can get my own taxi home to Jomtien for around 100 baht. Ask any driver late at night and they will charge you 200-300 baht .

Wel I don't believe it until I have tried it myself but good news indeed.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I just downloaded the app and it looks promising. I'm at Big C and there are 7 taxis available right now shown on the gps map on my phone Estimated price 94 to 148 baht and there is a promotion running until October 1 that will give me a 40 baht discount. Will try it out some day when I need transport.

I just downloaded the app and it looks promising. I'm at Big C and there are 7 taxis available right now shown on the gps map on my phone Estimated price 94 to 148 baht and there is a promotion running until October 1 that will give me a 40 baht discount. Will try it out some day when I need transport.

Does that quoted price include that BIG discount, or not?

That would really make a big difference and make this not that affordable if the pricing level shown now is actually just a short term TEASE.

Thanks for any information you can provide about that.

The estimated price is the actual (estimated price) the promo code is a one time thing you get when you join the app.

jing the whle thing is free to down load, why dont you try it and explore the app? It is ultra simple to use and you can do evertyhing right up to the point wher you click the last button to actually order the taxi, you will see how many taxis are availbe in your immedite area etc.. i think you will do well to dl and mess about with it. The most taxi obbssed guy in Pattaya and yet still not dl it?

For the sake of 100B just take a ride and experoicne it yourself. infact, do that and if your not happy I'll pay you back the 100B!

Edited by AMP101

73 Sukhumvit Pattaya to Suvarnabuhmi Airport......estimated THB 888 - THB 1,330

Seems reasonable.

That is about the same price you can negotiate with a normal pattaya taxi . But if you can get it for 888 baht and not 1330 baht it would be a good deal.

It's anyones guess until someone actually tried it out .

Edited by balo

The need has been for a local METERED taxi service, similar to Bangkok.

There has never been a problem here with getting CHARTER taxis to airports at more than fair prices.

It would be wiser to agree on a charter set fare for such a long trip.

Edited by Jingthing

The need has been for a local METERED taxi service, similar to Bangkok.

There has never been a problem here with getting CHARTER taxis to airports at more than fair prices.

It would be wiser to agree on a charter set fare for such a long trip.

Yes. And the taxis that decide not to use the meters should be forbidden

from having the "Taxi-Meter" sign. It just confuses and annoys tourists.

That App may be a good start. I don't use public transport much, but it would

be good for visitors to have an alternative to the limited routes of the Baht buses.

Anyone knows if the taxis that are part of this service will also use the meters

for on the spot services?