Bangkok is among world's 11 best shopping paradises

webfact

if what you want to buy is fake items, yes, thailand it's good place you can buy very cheap products and perhaps thailand it's the 11th best shopping paradise, don't know

but.... if you wanna buy well reknown brand better to buy it anywhere else in us or eu for two reasons:

1 - it's more difficult that can be fake either, 2 - will be cheaper

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok is good for shopping, but not HIGH END Brand names, that's for,sure.

If you are looking for,cheap T Shirts and shorts and flip flops, it's great have to admit that.... But anything Luxury is a good bit more than most places..

Give me London anyday, especially in January when it's rocking....

Yes it is. I've bought Vivienne Westwood, Prada, Armani Paul Smith etc etc here out their own stores.

Sorry but I disagree, even the Duty Free Shops at Swampy Airport are expensive, especially for the Labels..., Hence the reason I go to London frequently for shopping, last time I was in London I bought a Paul Smith T Shirt for 9 pounds, that wa in there sales, and I have been to the Paul Smith Shop here, and no comparison....

I wasn't talking about the price, i was talking about them having brand name stores everywhere

Oh ok then , sorry I misunderstood..

If you are looking for,cheap T Shirts and shorts and flip flops, it's great have to admit that.... But anything Luxury is a good bit more than most places..

You should get out more, Siam Paragon has most international name brands.

• Like 1

London in January? Not if you paid me - unless it was a good few thousand pounds.

Cold, grey, rain, rain,...rain, rain, freezing rain, ...filthy streets, smelly people on the train, infested with middle-easterners and whatever, and with perverts instead nice girls. And the opposite of Land of Smiles.

• Like 2

The media really needs to check other media sources. This article was from a travel blogger - not Frommer's. This is one person's take on shopping and meaningless to all but the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Well... it's on the Frommer's site, directly. If it's not Frommer's then Frommer's is misrepresenting Frommer's website to Frommer's website readers. It is labelled "copyright by Frommer's". The author is the Australian travel writer Charis Atlas Heelan, who is officially a Frommers.com contributor, according to Frommers.com.

http://goo.gl/Pxxqmg

Bangkok is not "number 11". The slideshow-article doesn't give ranking. Bangkok is listed third, which seems to have no special meaning. It's not alphabetical either.

If I were TAT, I'd be thrilled that Frommer's was telling people to deposit lots and lots of loot in Thailand. That said,whether the article is interesting is pretty much a subjective opinion. I couldn't get through it. If they had a slideshow-article on the 11 top disco paradises or one on the 11 top khao thom markets, I'd be riveted.

• Like 2

dated products at an inflated price

How would you know, Siam Paragon is not within walking distance of Soi Nana! laugh.png

'With new stalls, markets and malls opening all the time, Bangkok looks set to be the must-visit nation for shopaholics the world over ...' And yet, all they seem to keep adding are new, oversized shopping malls, with nothing to differentiate them, when perhaps they could be innovating much more.

Best is best in the eyes of he who thinks it is best.

For me, the best is a place that has what I want, when I want and at a price I want to pay.

For me, surveys, articles and other marketing clarions of this type are reading materiel and not much more.

• Like 1

Oh ok then , sorry I misunderstood..

No probs mate....the downfall of messageboards...things get lost. I agree, i love London for shopping. I was home in Glasgow last month for the first time i years and spent a fair whack on clothes, esp trainers

Glasgow is great for shopping too, and I must admit the Glasweigans are in a league of there own, when it comes to banter and a good laugh.....

How would you know, Siam Paragon is not within walking distance of Soi Nana! laugh.png

Yes Terminal 21 is good for shopping too, but not really for labels , but good all the same, plus I will say the best Food Court in Bangkok....

London in January? Not if you paid me - unless it was a good few thousand pounds.

Cold, grey, rain, rain,...rain, rain, freezing rain, ...filthy streets, smelly people on the train, infested with middle-easterners and whatever, and with perverts instead nice girls. And the opposite of Land of Smiles.

I have to disagree London is Beautiful especially at that time of the Year with all the Christmas Decorations and the festivity, the Januaury Sales are amazing.....

Filthy Streets ??? Don't know where you frequent, but it's certsinly not like that where I stsy when I am there.....

As for Perverts ??? What's Thailand famous for ???

Just my two cents worth... And a reality check for some folks...

Sounds like you've never been to London. I don't recognize it from your description.

• Like 2

I have to disagree London is Beautiful especially at that time of the Year with all the Christmas Decorations and the festivity, the Januaury Sales are amazing.....

Filthy Streets ??? Don't know where you frequent, but it's certsinly not like that where I stsy when I am there.....

As for Perverts ??? What's Thailand famous for ???

Just my two cents worth... And a reality check for some folks...

I would not like to be responsible for determining who is or is not a "pervert" or what that means altogether.

Nor would I like to be responsible for checking someone's reality, since mine is most likely different from the next person.

I love London, Paris, Berlin, Beijing, San Francisco, Bangkok, Phnom Pehn and many other places. I do so because I've come to the realization that I am not in charge and the world doesn't revolve around me.

My two-Cents or two-Satangs matters not.

Sounds like you've never been to London. I don't recognize it from your description.
I used to see the world such as that. Once I removed the glasses of hate, bigotry, intolerance, drunkenness and sadness, things looked much different.

NEW YORK beats all eleven (??) cities, hands down. greatest variety, fierce price competitiveness and exceptional seasonal 'sales' culture. besides, shopping in NYC is a comfortable, enjoyable experience. not to mention the sizes : have you, as a large or tall farang, ever tried to fit into a pair of shoes, a jacket or trousers in an asian shop ? shop in 'the city that never sleeps' !

NEW YORK beats all eleven (??) cities, hands down. greatest variety, fierce price competitiveness and exceptional seasonal 'sales' culture. besides, shopping in NYC is a comfortable, enjoyable experience. not to mention the sizes : have you, as a large or tall farang, ever tried to fit into a pair of shoes, a jacket or trousers in an asian shop ? shop in 'the city that never sleeps' !

Please, I would rather chop off an appendage than to spend 5 minutes in NYC... It easily qualifies for the top 10 in rudest people on the planet... To each his own and all that rot...

Please, I would rather chop off an appendage than to spend 5 minutes in NYC... It easily qualifies for the top 10 in rudest people on the planet... To each his own and all that rot...

Another idiot who has never been there but spouts off his rabid knowledge of the world.