Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

Cross contamination allegations are the best defense against DNA. Of course the guy's DNA will be at the crime scene - he is seen in video and photos standing next to one of the bodies with the police! The police let him contaminate the crime scene - now any lawyer worth his salt will argue that his DNA is of course at the crime scene, since he's standing there barefoot, and that the cops cross contaminated by touching one thing then another, moving dna about to the extent that no sample is unadulterated.

Cross contamination ? The DNA they are testing against will be from semen found inside the victim.

Yes, to convict the rapists. But if the owner of In Touch was involved in the murder but not the rape, any of his DNA on the crime-scene in the form of hair, saliva etc. will be dismissed as he was walking on the crime-scene the next day so all any DNA found came from that...

Yup and he will have photographic evidence to support his defence..

Yep, BiB at it's best......facepalm.gif .......sad.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One tourist murder suspect now arrested, another on the run

9-23-2014-3-14-56-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KOH TAO: -- The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-09-23

"He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said."

Who was telling the police the lokals was behind the killings?

A Scottish guy was threatened by the killers and took pictures of them in a convenience store and posting them on Facebook, but still the BIB's didn't believe it since he had a criminal record in Scotland.

The thai police have done everything to find a foreign killer instead of question the locals, I see this kind of violence in Thai newspaper every day and know that Thai males are the only ones capable to commit a brutal rape and murder like this. Case closed.

"A Scottish guy was threatened by the killers and took pictures of them in a convenience store and posting them on Facebook, but still the BIB's didn't believe it since he had a criminal record in Scotland".

Why post information on this forum that is incorrect? Where does it say anywhere that the "killers" threatened the Scottish guy?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

KOH TAO: -- The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-09-23

"He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said."

A Scottish guy was threatened by the killers and took pictures of them in a convenience store and posting them on Facebook, but still the BIB's didn't believe it since he had a criminal record in Scotland.

The thai police have done everything to find a foreign killer instead of question the locals, I see this kind of violence in Thai newspaper every day and know that Thai males are the only ones capable to commit a brutal rape and murder like this. Case closed.

"A Scottish guy was threatened by the killers and took pictures of them in a convenience store and posting them on Facebook, but still the BIB's didn't believe it since he had a criminal record in Scotland".

Why post information on this forum that is incorrect? Where does it say anywhere that the "killers" threatened the Scottish guy?

Tony,

Is it so difficult to keep up?? Really?

I suggest, instead of posting cr@p, just do a 30 minute read through of previous posts on this and related topics.

You will find all the answers you need and will avoid making yourself look like a muppet by posting nonsense.

I am off to bed now.

Sad, sad but predictable news.

Will justice ever be served? Doubtful.

Looks like a few of us may eat humble pie (like me)

looks like the police may have found the correct murderers / not stitched anybody up etc

For that i apologise for doubting them and hope this is the future now

Have I spoke too soon?

Theres only one way to sort this now and that is to get a police force in who is trustworthy

Scotland Yard anybody?

They have shown themselves to be corrupt as well and not just from the Kray twins days. Complaints have been made about criminals going in and out of Scotland yard for a long time and not for questioning. Let us not forget the ''plebgate affair'' recently which still leaves questions open, police officers boasting that they could bring down the Tory party. The so called Irish terrorists many years ago,stitched up and jailed by false police testimony and released after many years imprisonment,pardoned, but what happened to the police officers then in retirement, nothing.

Has anyone seen interview on Thai PBS just now? Looked very much like the "boss" suggesting the Sean was seen on the night of the murder covered in blood ?

Might of got the translation wrong but there could be another twist.

Yes, he made that claim in the Thai press yesterday too after being taken in for questioning by the police. He said a Thai girl from a Spa on the island had seen blood on Sean.

Why hasn't this girl come forward ?

My guess is that he is involved and making this story up to shift the blame away from himself and his brothers sons who fled to Bkk.

What he speaks means nothing. Only take the facts and draw your conclusion based on them.

Yes, I know that, that's why I used the word 'claim', in that I don't really believe it. As for the rest of your post, that he's trying to shift blame and set up a patsy, you're only about the 37th person in the last few days to suggest that on here, so it's nothing original.

ThaiVisa, trying to hook readers saying 'suspect now arrested' when actually this is not what happened, it makes you less reliable

Why the pop at Thaivisa..?......rolleyes.gif

He says why

I can read, but don't understand why the bash..

ThaiVisa is a discussion forum provided specifically for people to express their opinion; it is not a news site. If you don't like the information presented or the opinions expressed here...just don't read it. You have complete control over both your mouse and keyboard.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-09-23

Tony,

I suggest, instead of posting cr@p, just do a 30 minute read through of previous posts on this and related topics.

You will find all the answers you need and will avoid making yourself look like a muppet by posting nonsense.

I am off to bed now.

I admit there is a lot of crap posted and you certainly are included in the crap that's been posted. I asked you a simple question based on Your post and inaccurate statements and postings. You chose to dance around but cannot provide a direct answer. Instead, you suggest I read... I have and I still think you posted incorrect information and I think you are doing it because you believe all the news you read and then jump to conclusions. Relax, and next time you should consider what you post with respect to the news media on this horrific murder. You only add to the confusion by posting incorrect information. So, prove to me and the TV members that your allegations are accurate instead of telling me to go read everything. Because now the perception is that you never read it but instead conjured up this allegation through your own uninformed information.

So, let's try this one more time: Where does it say anywhere that the "killers" threatened the Scottish guy?

If you cannot or are not ready and able to back-up your statements then you certainly worth your weight in.....

To my knowledge no arrests have been made and his statement was made 24 hours ago. I guess he and I have a different meaning of the word, now. Buffoons, the lot of 'em.

That's because there was sufficient evidence then, but not now. You see, as they say, this is Thailand.

Police Chief: "The sufficient evidence I spoke of yesterday turned out to NOT be very sufficient. Now please excuse me, I have an appointment at the Mercedes-Benz dealership".

• Like 1

Was walking around most of the day today, thinking... "Its great they finally will arrest the murderers" and what happens, when I login to see if there is any news????? NOTHING!!!! and now it even seems as there are no suspects on the run or any arrests to make at all! It is unbelievable! But still is it really surprising??? No not really!!!!

The Thai-police must have the worst communication strategy in the entire world! NOW this investigation is for sure nothing - but just a joke! This is a very clear picture of how ineffective and stupid people get, from a society that is purely based on corruption. Nobody have clearly done their job for years and have simply forgot what their job is all about. EVERYTHING is just about money. Nothing else and this investigation proves it!

ALL Thai-people should be ashamed over this!!! Ashamed of just letting corruption getting totally out of control and doing nothing at all. Ashamed that they have a police force, who is totally incapable to do anything, unless corruption and personal gain is involved.

First a statement that they have enough evidence and not just need to capture the killers. Next that they have nothing at all... All I can say is: IDIOTS!

Edited by khunpa

ThaiVisa, trying to hook readers saying 'suspect now arrested' when actually this is not what happened, it makes you less reliable

Why the pop at Thaivisa..?......rolleyes.gif

He says why

I can read, but don't understand why the bash..

ThaiVisa is a discussion forum provided specifically for people to express their opinion; it is not a news site. If you don't like the information presented or the opinions expressed here...just don't read it. You have complete control over both your mouse and keyboard.

Wow !! How sharp minded. Know what ? How could I like or dislike the titles appearing in my ThaiVisa newsletter if I don't read it ? Is your suggestion an excuse for a future title like 'Tsunami Disaster in Phuket' when actually will be just a warning ? You like to discuss over fake titles ? Sorry for you. I prefer to use my time in a better way.

Tony,

I am off to bed now.

I admit there is a lot of crap posted and you certainly are included in the crap that's been posted. I asked you a simple question based on Your post and inaccurate statements and postings. You chose to dance around but cannot provide a direct answer. Instead, you suggest I read... I have and I still think you posted incorrect information and I think you are doing it because you believe all the news you read and then jump to conclusions. Relax, and next time you should consider what you post with respect to the news media on this horrific murder. You only add to the confusion by posting incorrect information. So, prove to me and the TV members that your allegations are accurate instead of telling me to go read everything. Because now the perception is that you never read it but instead conjured up this allegation through your own uninformed information.

So, let's try this one more time: Where does it say anywhere that the "killers" threatened the Scottish guy?

If you cannot or are not ready and able to back-up your statements then you certainly worth your weight in.....

Gentlemen, gentlemen. I thought this confusion was already adresssed and cleared up some time ago?

The Scottish guy Sean MacAnna posted the pictures saying he was threatened, and if he would die this would be the (his) killers. He did not say they were the killers of Hannah and David.

• Like 1

Tony,

I am off to bed now.

Gentlemen, gentlemen. I thought this confusion was already adresssed and cleared up some time ago?

The Scottish guy Sean MacAnna posted the pictures saying he was threatened, and if he would die this would be the (his) killers. He did not say they were the killers of Hannah and David.

I agree with what you have pointed out. This is what was reported. Thank you for the clarification. Cheers!

Its funny how there is 100 of the best Thai police on the case but it was the work of one man that got us where we are now. Only after McAnna publicly posted the death threats and images that the village head and his family got questioned and tested.

It amazes me that it took so long, then again it shouldn't this is Thailand.

I wonder if McAnna didn't post anything would these guys still have been brought for questioning in front of the media?

After all the nonsense about blaming migrant workers and foreigners to try and save the countries rep, they have ended up with allot of thai style egg of their face and showcased their complete incompetence.

• Like 2

Wow !! How sharp minded. Know what ? How could I like or dislike the titles appearing in my ThaiVisa newsletter if I don't read it ? Is your suggestion an excuse for a future title like 'Tsunami Disaster in Phuket' when actually will be just a warning ? You like to discuss over fake titles ? Sorry for you. I prefer to use my time in a better way.

The title says "Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now". It doesn't say an arrest was made. It came from the Bangkok Post so it is news but we have no way of knowing weather it's correct or not. Forums are created be ThaiVisa members, not ThaiVisa themselves. Don't get your panties up in a knot. Thanks for the compliment; I let my mother know you think I'm 'sharp minded', it'll make her proud.

The title says "Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now". It doesn't say an arrest was made. It came from the Bangkok Post so it is news but we have no way of knowing weather it's correct or not. Forums are created be ThaiVisa members, not ThaiVisa themselves. Don't get your panties up in a knot. Thanks for the compliment; I let my mother know you think I'm 'sharp minded', it'll make her proud.

No my dear. That's not the title which I meant. Read down my lines: ThaiVisa Newsletter. Go back and check the Newsletter sent by email to all subscribers.

Well done finally to the RTP........

More importantly, well done Sean McAnna. If the events of the other night had not happened and you had not brought this to the forefront of the media then I am pretty sure there would have been a different outcome.

Now time to consider the poor family who have had to sit through this circus.

Well said.

My view on this is simple. Many people question the competence of the RTP. I dont. They ain't stupid.... they just have other agendas at times.

So me, I worry about their motives more than their competence.

In this case, seemingly the number of global eyes has pointed their motives in the right direction. At least I hope. And despite a few very silly comments that have been made along the way, unfortunately, one hopes that the true culprits have been identified.

My deepest sympathies go to the victims in this tragic case, and to the the loved ones they left behind. RIP.

Another post and reply removed due to this forum rule:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

Tony,

I am off to bed now.

I read his Facebook page as it was unfolding-

He clearly initially claimed to know the killers and posted that photograph.

Later the story was watered down to them threatening to want to hang him only-

He is an unreliable witness .

A convicted child porn person who dabbles in drugs - fabricates evidence-

And more alarmingly, arrived back on he ISland the very day those murders occurred.

Hold on to this guy.

There is a lot more questions to answer

(without his supporters desperately trying to pretend he never accused these men of being the killers)

Could this headman have connections that supersede even the General?

There still are individuals in certain families that are way above the law.

Just look at the Chonburi Kamnam Pho.

The convicted murderer never spent 5 minutes in prison.

In fact he stays in his family compound along with the Mayor and others in high Government positions.

Montriwat Toovichien, same guy seen trampling all over the crime scene on day 1 of the investigation alongside police. The same Montriwat Toovichien that is the brother of one of the most powerful guys on the island and who surely has buddies down at the local police station.

According to the bkk post. Police started questioning Montriwat Toovichien at 11 AM on 9/23. Then at 1:21 PM on 9/24 BKK post put an article out that said the Surat Thani police told them at 10 AM that morning that a DNA sample taken from him did not match that of those found on the victims. So it only took them 23 hours to run DNA tests on Montriwat Toovichien and clear him. Keep in mind it takes 3 hours to get to Koh Samui by boat an then another hour to fly to bkk. I think Thailand needs to tell the world how they are able to do such lightning fast DNA tests and clear suspects in record time. This valuable information they possess could be a great asset to the world in solving all crimes.

Interesting theory, but the DNA testing was being done in Singapore, so add another few hours on to your timeline. Makes it even more obvious that they did not yet get any results from the DNA.

According to the bkk post. Police started questioning Montriwat Toovichien at 11 AM on 9/23. Then at 1:21 PM on 9/24 BKK post put an article out that said the Surat Thani police told them at 10 AM that morning that a DNA sample taken from him did not match that of those found on the victims. So it only took them 23 hours to run DNA tests on Montriwat Toovichien and clear him. Keep in mind it takes 3 hours to get to Koh Samui by boat an then another hour to fly to bkk. I think Thailand needs to tell the world how they are able to do such lightning fast DNA tests and clear suspects in record time. This valuable information they possess could be a great asset to the world in solving all crimes.

Interesting theory, but the DNA testing was being done in Singapore, so add another few hours on to your timeline. Makes it even more obvious that they did not yet get any results from the DNA.

I know, I'm being generous and giving them the closest possible location just to make a point of how ridiculous their statement is that they have already performed the DNA test of him and it doesn't match. I'm not even mentioning the fact that there is time to travel to the boat, travel to the lab, and then make sure his test is put ahead of all the other 100's that they are supposedly testing. And they must have about 100 experts testing the DNA of course since they are able to get to it so quickly. I just don't know why the reporters aren't pressing them on this whole DNA thing concerning Montriwat Toovichien.

Edited by joedot

Montriwat Toovichien, same guy seen trampling all over the crime scene on day 1 of the investigation alongside police. The same Montriwat Toovichien that is the brother of one of the most powerful guys on the island and who surely has buddies down at the local police station.

The same guy (along with an undercover cop) chased Sean into a supermarket and threatened him with hanging.

Sean had the nerve to take their pictures and post them on Facebook.

If it wasn't for the quik thinking of Sean, the case might be closed.

Lover triangle murder/suicide is what the cops were looking to portray but Sean got away.

• Like 1

Amazing huh.

How can the be so brazen about being so stupid!!!!! Do to Thai police and Thai media have their heads so far up their own back sides, that they think no one will notice details like this?

If it wasn't so serious I'd laugh my head off, you couldn't write the audacity and stupidity

Also, why haven't we heard a single word from their friends, who could atleast tell us what went on throughout the night up until the point they were no longer with Hannah and David. The only thing I can think of is legal reasons, that their testimonys will help in court etc.