Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1411635247

Bangkok Suspect Cleared of Connection To Britons' Murder

BANGKOK – Police say they have cleared another major suspect from connection to the murder of two British tourists on the island of Koh Tao ten days ago.

Not on the island when the murder took place, but a major suspect none the less, dear god you could not make this farce up

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the Army's conclusion that Social Media is inhibiting the investigation, do you not think the flow of 'news' will drop off now?

In fact I wouldn't be surprised (or dismayed) if the police are not allowed to have FB pages, or link to any of the of the adolescent instant chat services eg Line. Hardly professional conduct.

So no, you may not know what is happening. The way it is meant to be. And everyone will be far better off for it.

I still think they should DNA test Mon and the Bkk son just to make 100% sure. They are not sure if they even tested Mon ??? Why ??? He was the main one they were looking at.

There could be a big problem with that now "stuff" may have been sorted.

It would need an outsider to do it. The UK now has the deceased DNA and hopefully a printout of those being pursued, now we want DNA taken in secret from suspects.....There are ways......thumbsup.gif

So did I get it correctly now. BiB took DNA swabs from all Burmese workers on the island, including the women. But they didn't swab the main suspects, including the son hiding in Bangkok?

Well it looked and sounded impressive in the UK.........sad.png

So did I get it correctly now. BiB took DNA swabs from all Burmese workers on the island, including the women. But they didn't swab the main suspects, including the son hiding in Bangkok?

Well it looked and sounded impressive in the UK.........sad.png

According to the English newspaper in Thailand we can't link on thaivisa, the son of the village chief is no longer a suspect as he was in Bangkok on the day of the murders.

Wrong, the media reports all sort of things so maybe its hard to find the real facts in everything we read.

Mon was according to the article in BKK post DNA tested, and cleared after 24 hours.

One of the sons was never on the island, he studies at the university and the police in BKK have evidence on CCTV that he stayed in his condo in BKK the day of the muder . The other son is still on the run and as maybe now the main suspect.

I know thay everyone wants to catch the killers and its very easy to blame it on the mafia ,but we just have to believe that the military who is in control, not the local police, will make sure DNA tests are performed on these individuals according to the book .

Edited by balo

In Thailand is it a crime to have sex with a corpse? Unless like they link DNA to the murder weapon they don't have a case for murder.

you are being silly, you mean they just happened by,found a corpse and decided to have sex with it, how believable is that as a defence ????

Nope, you are being silly..she was murdered and then raped, the photos the police released prove this...I suggest you do a little research, perhaps read a few of the threads in total and try to understand how sick and vile these murderers are!!!

At the moment their defense is we're not giving a DNA sample and if you can prove we did it we'll give you a million baht....

Plus his brother is a local cop and he has local cops helping him chase Sean into 7/11 in the name of solving the murder, that photo Sean posted was very very sinister, these guys are a law unto themselves...

but he didn't think it was fit to offer a reward to FIND the killers, just a million that says nobody can bust them <deleted>!!!!!

Oh and if you prove we did it we'll lose everything, that's why we offered a million to pretend we care...aaahh to pretend we are innocent, some people need to read between the lines...

• Like 2

Its funny how there is 100 of the best Thai police on the case but it was the work of one man that got us where we are now. Only after McAnna publicly posted the death threats and images that the village head and his family got questioned and tested.

It amazes me that it took so long, then again it shouldn't this is Thailand.

I wonder if McAnna didn't post anything would these guys still have been brought for questioning in front of the media?

After all the nonsense about blaming migrant workers and foreigners to try and save the countries rep, they have ended up with allot of thai style egg of their face and showcased their complete incompetence.

They haven't all been tested, 2 have refused!!!

Now, let's get this straight - The main suspect was very well known on the island AND,
1. Was stood next to the bodies in the middle of the crime scene chatting to the police.
2. Has been identified as the mystery man on the CCTV footage.
3. Threatened the Scottish guy whilst in the company of a plain clothes policeman.
4. Refused to give a DNA sample.
5. Most probably threatened the cops that took him in
6. It took 8 days to bring him in!!
7. Was released without charge AND without giving a DNA sample
You couldn't make this up.

Not quite correct...

Point !. standing next to his brother the local policeman..

Point 5...not threatened, paid..

Point 8..His son is still wanted will he arrive and provide a DNA sample?

If this guy they've caught is so innocent, then why was he running by the crime scene, in just shorts/underwear at that time in the morning? - very suspicious I'd say. Also, perhaps he was only wearing shorts because the rest of his clothes were covered in the blood of the victims, and he had to get rid of them?

who was running by the crime scene? - the son? or the brother??? - who in your thoughts?

The jackass that was at the crime scene and in Sean McAnna's photo he posted on Facebook.

Nah that's not him running i think, it's his son..I believe there are 2 sons in bkk one was at Uni? the other is still wanted!!!

Why post information on this forum that is incorrect? Where does it say anywhere that the "killers" threatened the Scottish guy?

Tony,

Is it so difficult to keep up?? Really?

I suggest, instead of posting cr@p, just do a 30 minute read through of previous posts on this and related topics.

You will find all the answers you need and will avoid making yourself look like a muppet by posting nonsense.

I am off to bed now.

Sad, sad but predictable news.

Will justice ever be served? Doubtful.

I admit there is a lot of crap posted and you certainly are included in the crap that's been posted. I asked you a simple question based on Your post and inaccurate statements and postings. You chose to dance around but cannot provide a direct answer. Instead, you suggest I read... I have and I still think you posted incorrect information and I think you are doing it because you believe all the news you read and then jump to conclusions. Relax, and next time you should consider what you post with respect to the news media on this horrific murder. You only add to the confusion by posting incorrect information. So, prove to me and the TV members that your allegations are accurate instead of telling me to go read everything. Because now the perception is that you never read it but instead conjured up this allegation through your own uninformed information.

So, let's try this one more time: Where does it say anywhere that the "killers" threatened the Scottish guy?

If you cannot or are not ready and able to back-up your statements then you certainly worth your weight in.....

Gentlemen, gentlemen. I thought this confusion was already adresssed and cleared up some time ago?

The Scottish guy Sean MacAnna posted the pictures saying he was threatened, and if he would die this would be the (his) killers. He did not say they were the killers of Hannah and David.

Actually, the posts on Facebook by Sean said...

Owner of AC bar did it..

Whether he was talking about the fact he thought he was about to be hung or whether he thought the owner committed the murders is only for Sean to share,

just sharing the facts..

I still am wondering about fingerprints on the Hoe and piece of wood used in the murders, a match ?

There has to be many other things than just video of the guy running and the DNA to use in this case.

Fingerprints cant be take from a wooden handle I would think, would need to be off the bade of the hoe, or off a smoother surface like glass etc....

You must have missed the fact no Thai could have done this!!! Unless they were in a bikini and acting like a provocative falang...who just happenned to be dead at the time they were raped...this crime is a disgrace...shame on you guilty fiends..

Calm down Ozzy. Half dozen comments in less than an hour is enough, give it a break.

Calm down? which of my posts do you have a problem with? The fact it took me ahour to go through this and add the truths and you have an issue with me??? Or do you have anything to add??? Or are you just throwing water trying to put the fire out...Got any facts to add? care to address the facts at hand...I won't calm down till there is some form of justice...This is corruption at its best...if people like me calm down this will slide under the carpet...Now is the time for all those who care and know what is really happening to stand up...not calm down..

Edited by ozzyrules

Calm down Ozzy. Half dozen comments in less than an hour is enough, give it a break.

Calm down? which of my posts do you have a problem with? The fact it took me ahour to go through this and add the truths and you have an issue with me??? Or do you have anything to add??? Or are you just throwing water trying to put the fire out...Got any facts to add? care to address the facts at hand...I won't calm down till there is some form of justice...This is corruption at its best...if people like me calm down this will slide under the carpet...Now is the time for all those who care and know what is really happening to stand up...not calm down..

Do not calm down, not for a second. Your input to these threads has been of significant value, as have others. In fact, this forum has been directly responsible for helping snippets of the truth reach mainstream media, and has fanned international outrage which has kept the crime in the Thai media longer than usual. This crime would have been solved with a scapegoat within minutes, as it stands, serious pressure has been brought to the perps and although I don't believe for a second they will be arrested. the loss of face and sullied reputation is as bad as a death sentence for these entitled wimps. Boiling with hate and rage, they will burn out faster than a crashing meteor.

Next step, bring in trained police to examine cell phone records/triangulation. Forensic and ballistic experts to give a likely murder weapon and obtain DNA again.

Edited by jaidam
  • Like 1

You must have missed the fact no Thai could have done this!!! Unless they were in a bikini and acting like a provocative falang...who just happenned to be dead at the time they were raped...this crime is a disgrace...shame on you guilty fiends..

You keep saying she was raped after she was killed. I recall you said the crime scene photos proved this. How so? I have seen them and cannot deduce this.

I am just as upset as you are, Ozzy, you are just a bit too prolific.

This case goes nowhere. It's fixed, soon to be forgotten here in Thailand. Tragic, never any follow-up, they do not care.

To the family and friends of Hannah and David: Time is the only cure for the grief. Be patient with yourself. There will be no justice in this case,

• Like 1