Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

This is why the real killer of the two tourists in Koh Tao, Thailand, will probably never be found or convicted http://t.co/t78RHZuHcR

Great article, someone should read it out on national TV.

Yep, great article. Very interesting.

Fantastic summary. I never liked koh tâo. Been there many times, and always felt the place had a really dark vibe. Now I know. And now I will never return. The thought of never putting one baht in the pocket of any of those cockroaches gives me pleasure. The explanation that the guy who was killed stood up for the gal while she was being harassed by some local punks makes the most sense of anything I have read. And then the great bikini lie. Wow. The cops are covering this one up. No doubt at this point. Someone big is being protected. Why the army won't step in says a lot.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still think they should DNA test Mon and the Bkk son just to make 100% sure. They are not sure if they even tested Mon ??? Why ??? He was the main one they were looking at.

He does not want to be tested and his entire family is above the law. End of story. What he is demonstrating is that he not only owns the police, but very obviously the army too.

I still think they should DNA test Mon and the Bkk son just to make 100% sure. They are not sure if they even tested Mon ??? Why ??? He was the main one they were looking at.

He does not want to be tested and his entire family is above the law. End of story. What he is demonstrating is that he not only owns the police, but very obviously the army too.

There ARE people above the army that could easily interfere if they so desire.

Who are the island headman related to?

Apparently, according to the article the 5 families that control/exploit the island collect rents for the crown.

Apparently, according to the article the 5 families that control/exploit the island collect rents for the crown.

Do we even know for certain he is not one of the five families? Being headman of Sairee has to be an incredibly lucrative position.

In reality this incident may end up being a very positive thing for tâo, and for Thailand. It has exposed the boils of Island society and the inherently corrupt, lawless, and violent culture within it. It has also exposed just how little control the army has over tâo, samui, and Phangan. They are essentially less powerful than the local families. This has become painfully obvious.

Edited by spidermike007

I think it is becoming evident now (if not several days ago) that the BIB's credibility is totally shot. Without outside independent verification of all the evidence, who is going to believe their eventual conclusion?

I suspect many will only believe it now if it involves the so-called "powerful families"

• Like 1

Do we even know for certain he is not one of the five families? Being headman of Sairee has to be an incredibly lucrative position.

In reality this incident may end up being a very positive thing for tâo, and for Thailand. It has exposed the boils of Island society and the inherently corrupt, lawless, and violent culture within it. It has also exposed just how little control the army has over tâo, samui, and Phangan. They are essentially less powerful than the local families. This has become painfully obvious.

Ok so now we know, people back home and abroad know, we all now know about the 5 families, but what can be done? It reminds me of Mexico where the cartels have such power they basically run the country, however they are feared a whole lot more than these families of Koh Tao.

I think the best way to go about this would be firstly maybe use the army but as they do in South America, wear balaclavas hiding their identity. Secondly hit them where it hurts, any investigator or predator knows to find a weakness, here it would seem to be money and power. Crush their financial balls and see what happens, inquire into their assets and so forth. Thirdly the locals need to find power together an realize that united they should not be silenced. This may all be a pipe dream, but hey dreamers can dream

Calm down Ozzy. Half dozen comments in less than an hour is enough, give it a break.

Calm down? which of my posts do you have a problem with? The fact it took me ahour to go through this and add the truths and you have an issue with me??? Or do you have anything to add??? Or are you just throwing water trying to put the fire out...Got any facts to add? care to address the facts at hand...I won't calm down till there is some form of justice...This is corruption at its best...if people like me calm down this will slide under the carpet...Now is the time for all those who care and know what is really happening to stand up...not calm down..

Do not calm down, not for a second. Your input to these threads has been of significant value, as have others. In fact, this forum has been directly responsible for helping snippets of the truth reach mainstream media, and has fanned international outrage which has kept the crime in the Thai media longer than usual. This crime would have been solved with a scapegoat within minutes, as it stands, serious pressure has been brought to the perps and although I don't believe for a second they will be arrested. the loss of face and sullied reputation is as bad as a death sentence for these entitled wimps. Boiling with hate and rage, they will burn out faster than a crashing meteor.

Next step, bring in trained police to examine cell phone records/triangulation. Forensic and ballistic experts to give a likely murder weapon and obtain DNA again.

The "Next Step" would be to send a Navy Seal team in there to covertly take out the entire family. They are getting away with murder while the whole world watches. They've probably done it before and will do it again. If they are above the law in Thailand but they kill foreigners at will, then they should be dealt with through international forces. People like this are no less than terrorists and should be treated as such. I would volunteer for such a covert operation; they would NEVER KILL AGAIN!!!!

"I don't believe for a second they will be arrested." NO ONE BELIEVES THAT THE KILLERS WILL BE ARRESTED...AND THEY WON'T...THAT'S WHY ACTION IS REQUIRED TO GIVE CLOSER TO THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS. IT WILL REQUIRE INTERNATIONAL INTERVENTION OR THIS WILL BE REPEATED.

Edited by TimTang

Somebody should go get a cup that Mon drank from and take it back to the UK for dna testing.

You don't get it! These people are untouchable. They can kill as they please because they're rich, powerful and have influence over the government (I won't even mention police because they're one and the same). It would require an outside force to stop these people. A mercenary group with no political affiliations would be required to take the ENTIRE FAMILY OUT. That would be the only way to put an end to this madness and stop the this family from killing foreigners on a whim. It's a small island, we know where they are, it wouldn't be that difficult. The logistics are simple but the results would be FINAL.

Edited by TimTang

Somebody should go get a cup that Mon drank from and take it back to the UK for dna testing.

You don't get it! These people are untouchable. They can kill as they please because they're rich, powerful and have influence over the government (I won't even mention police because they're one and the same). It would require an outside force to stop these people. A mercenary group with no political affiliations would be required to take the ENTIRE FAMILY OUT. That would be the only way to put an end to this madness and stop the this family from killing foreigners on a whim. It's a small island, we know where they are, it wouldn't be that difficult. The logistics are simple but the results would be FINAL.

I feel that the force is strong in you oh Tim Tang, assemble the jedi knights in Koh Tao

• Like 1

This is why the real killer of the two tourists in Koh Tao, Thailand, will probably never be found or convicted http://t.co/t78RHZuHcR

Great article, someone should read it out on national TV.

Yep, great article. Very interesting.

Fantastic summary. I never liked koh tâo. Been there many times, and always felt the place had a really dark vibe. Now I know. And now I will never return. The thought of never putting one baht in the pocket of any of those cockroaches gives me pleasure. The explanation that the guy who was killed stood up for the gal while she was being harassed by some local punks makes the most sense of anything I have read. And then the great bikini lie. Wow. The cops are covering this one up. No doubt at this point. Someone big is being protected. Why the army won't step in says a lot.

Its a good read, i lived on the rock for 2 yrs before moving to a bigger rock 7yrs ago. There were people who would just vanish even when there were no boats leaving in monsoon season that i remember hearing about. Its over for this investigation and i really feel for the familes of the 2 kids. The best way to get revenge is to boycot the island for good and let them kill each other over no tourism to feed their greedy pockets, i'm disgusted with how they treat people.

• Like 2

Be right with you Tim Tang, just have to finish my 'stout exercises' with Pooh bear first.

No I do get it. I am being facetious. Relax

I feel that the force is strong in you oh Tim Tang, assemble the jedi knights in Koh Tao

If I had the force it would have been done already. I just hope there is a contingent out there that sees the injustice that has been done and teach these people a lesson which is equivalent to the lesson they have taught others. The families of the ones that have been slaughtered for no reason but FACE should see the perpetrators FACE their own demise; and I hope there are people out there ready to make that happen. These were two you people in their prime with their whole life in front of them. Because some a$$hole has an affinity towards blondes but she rejects his advances so he loses face, is no reason to kill. He knows he can get away with it so he shows her who's boss.

I've been to these islands and I know how things operate. This guy is untouchable. She died because she's blonde and rejected his advances. Dave Miller died trying to protect her honor. It must have taken at least 3 people to fulfill his mission to save face and teach her a lesson not to humiliate a rich Thai boy, but he did it and we all watch while he gets away with it.

Someone has to teach him a lesson equivalent to the lesson he gave her and Dave.

Calm down Ozzy. Half dozen comments in less than an hour is enough, give it a break.

I am just as upset as you are, Ozzy, you are just a bit too prolific.

This case goes nowhere. It's fixed, soon to be forgotten here in Thailand. Tragic, never any follow-up, they do not care.

To the family and friends of Hannah and David: Time is the only cure for the grief. Be patient with yourself. There will be no justice in this case,

This is so true.

1. They know who did it.

2. How to avoid arrest

3. Cause so much mayhem that everything gets lost in the fog.

4. Drag it out until the media get bored.

5. Later on arrest someone.

6. No real justice..

This is the thai way,has been for as long as I can remember..

If it will clarify one thing for expats living here..know that your personal safety/ security is of no consequence to the authorities or your respective embassy however safe you feel Thailand is. Accept that.

• Like 2

If I had the force it would have been done already. I just hope there is a contingent out there that sees the injustice that has been done and teach these people a lesson which is equivalent to the lesson they have taught others. The families of the ones that have been slaughtered for no reason but FACE should see the perpetrators FACE their own demise; and I hope there are people out there ready to make that happen. These were two you people in their prime with their whole life in front of them. Because some <deleted> has an affinity towards blondes but she rejects his advances so he loses face, is no reason to kill. He knows he can get away with it so he shows her who's boss.

I've been to these islands and I know how things operate. This guy is untouchable. She died because she's blonde and rejected his advances. Dave Miller died trying to protect her honor. It must have taken at least 3 people to fulfill his mission to save face and teach her a lesson not to humiliate a rich Thai boy, but he did it and we all watch while he gets away with it.

Someone has to teach him a lesson equivalent to the lesson he gave her and Dave.

Cool down, you can't live in Asia and have a sense of justice, the two don't mix.

If I had the force it would have been done already. I just hope there is a contingent out there that sees the injustice that has been done and teach these people a lesson which is equivalent to the lesson they have taught others. The families of the ones that have been slaughtered for no reason but FACE should see the perpetrators FACE their own demise; and I hope there are people out there ready to make that happen. These were two you people in their prime with their whole life in front of them. Because some <deleted> has an affinity towards blondes but she rejects his advances so he loses face, is no reason to kill. He knows he can get away with it so he shows her who's boss.

Cool down, you can't live in Asia and have a sense of justice, the two don't mix.

Justice can be dealt! It just has to be done covertly...and it will be!

I just checked with GoDaddy. There are plenty of websites that could be purchased for $9.99 that could be useful to the efforts

www.deadlykohtao.com

www.dontgotokohtao.com

www.koataotruth.com

www.kohtaomurders.com

Someone with more skills than I could create websites, do a bit of SEO and get them ranking when people search for Koh Tao...some truth on the realities of Koh Tao. Would love to see the island devoid of tourists and the rats turn on each other.

The Thais could easily get the websites banned, but Thailand is not the intended audience. It's everyone outside Thailand.

Just thinking aloud.

• Like 1

You have to understand that by killing foreigners they've activated an entirely new contingent that they are probably not aware of. This kind of behavior is not acceptable. There are those that see this as an international matter, not just a local matter. Killing foreigners raises flags that create a focal point, particularly when it happens more than once. Lets see how this plays out.

• Like 1

Ok so now we know, people back home and abroad know, we all now know about the 5 families, but what can be done? It reminds me of Mexico where the cartels have such power they basically run the country, however they are feared a whole lot more than these families of Koh Tao.

I think the best way to go about this would be firstly maybe use the army but as they do in South America, wear balaclavas hiding their identity. Secondly hit them where it hurts, any investigator or predator knows to find a weakness, here it would seem to be money and power. Crush their financial balls and see what happens, inquire into their assets and so forth. Thirdly the locals need to find power together an realize that united they should not be silenced. This may all be a pipe dream, but hey dreamers can dream

Not sure if the locals have any power to change the situation on Koh Tao. Obviously the government way back when made a mistake of mythic proportions by leasing the entire island to five families, without time limits, for peanuts. Nobody has copped to that mistake. It basically allowed these families to control the entire island, and amass fortunes into the tens or perhaps hundreds of millions of dollars, each. They are essentially selling land they do not own, and the land office is essentially creating false titles, for the entire island. So, hundreds of people need to be arrested, tried, and convicted by the three or four righteous judges left in the country. Will that ever happen? Many millions of dollars says no. One can only hope.

I just checked with GoDaddy. There are plenty of websites that could be purchased for $9.99 that could be useful to the efforts

www.deadlykohtao.com

www.dontgotokohtao.com

www.koataotruth.com

www.kohtaomurders.com

Someone with more skills than I could create websites, do a bit of SEO and get them ranking when people search for Koh Tao...some truth on the realities of Koh Tao. Would love to see the island devoid of tourists and the rats turn on each other.

The Thais could easily get the websites banned, but Thailand is not the intended audience. It's everyone outside Thailand.

Just thinking aloud.

This will have as much effect as the warning pics on a packet of cigarettes. What might have an effect is if the political masters of the UK and the EU would launch a strong protest and demand real justice.

• Like 1

Tim Tang i fear that future posts from you may be sent from a prison cell. Koh Tao, Koh Samui, et al represent the wild west of Thailand and they have crooked sheriffs and jail cells

Thank you for your concern but I really want the people responsible for the murder of these to innocent people to pay for their heinous deeds. Mean while we sit back an joke about this that and the other while two lives were taken away by some pathetic rich punk that didn't like the fact that a blond girl rejected his advances.

No one will be punished for this crime and I'm hoping there are forces out there that see this injustice and ACT to punish those responsible. We know who they are, and they know as well. I believe there are those out there that are willing to deliver justice when it must be delivered. I don't think it's a star wars fantasy, it just requires the appropriate contingent to deliver justice where justice it due.

Edited by TimTang

www.deadlykohtao.com

www.dontgotokohtao.com

www.koataotruth.com

www.kohtaomurders.com

Just thinking aloud.

Good idea. Post this in the tech section and maybe somebody might do it!

Tim Tang i fear that future posts from you may be sent from a prison cell. Koh Tao, Koh Samui, et al represent the wild west of Thailand and they have crooked sheriffs and jail cells

Thank you for your concern but I really want the people responsible for the murder of these to innocent people to pay for their heinous deeds. Mean while we sit back an joke about this that and the other while two lives were taken away by some pathetic rich punk that didn't like the fact that a blond girl rejected his advances.

No one will be punished for this crime and I'm hoping there are forces out there that see this injustice and ACT to punish those responsible. We know who they are, and they know as well. I believe there are those out there that are willing to deliver justice when it must be delivered. I don't think it's a star wars fantasy, it just requires the appropriate contingent to deliver justice where justice it due.

Nobody will be arrested, get used to it.

Some one out there please hear my pleas for justice. You know the perpetrators. Just make them disappear. The world will be a better place. I won't be happy until I see a sign that says "Koh Tao under NEW management". I don't want to know how it happened. I have nothing to do with it.