Leaving, I've had it up to here with this country, but do I need to cancel my work permit

The work permit is not all that important to cancel unless you plan on getting another one.

Your extension of stay can be a problem if you leave at a border crossing. Some crossings will not allow you to leave with a valid one and no re-entry permit. Flying out there will be no problem.

What if the person is on a B visa extension? I thought I read in other threads that they won't let you leave unless that's properly cancelled (letter from the school or some such), on the grounds that you might owe money to the school (some schools want to fine teachers who quit without notice).

I think that was what I wrote in my reply.

Only border crossings have been reported as stopping people. The airports will not.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as don't plan to work in LOS again before the current one expires. Once it expires you are off the hook for it but your visa status comes into question...You need to change your visa status if you plan to hang around...

leave the country before your work permit expires or is cancelled b/c there is a short time limit on it requiring you to depart or obtain a valid or proper visa status...

CB

What is the problem when you don't want to ever come back??? When leaving if you are asked anything in Immigration say you are going on holiday. Once you are in your country to be a nice person just send an email or sms to your employer saying that you will not be coming back and he should cancel your work permit.

Look best advice I can give is this if you had a business would you like an employee to quit without notice? Just do the right thing leave with head held high. That way if ever the urge returns to come back no issues to face. Oh and good luck Been all over the world and it the same every where At least here The rules are plain enjoy, life mind your own business, obey the laws and all is good.

Sorry to hear how you feel about Thailand, OP.

Anyway, I wish you find a better life wherever you go next.

Good Luck.

thank you for your best wishes...

I guess for right now it's off on a little junket across the rest of southeast Asia....plenty of places I haven't yet had the opportunity to visit...a little time to regroup and think about my future...I'm not even 30 yet so I think the world is certainly my oyster...I hope

About 54 years ago in Pakistan, my American peers said "Pakistan sucks." I enjoyed it, learned two languages.

Then went to Japan (1962), felt like I went to heaven without dying. My young American peers said "Japan sucks."

In 1977, I visited Frankfurt, Germany. The young Americans (military) stationed there said "Germany sucks."

In 1980, I visited Hawaii for 2 weeks. The young mainlanders (military) stationed there said "Hawaii sucks."

After years of this, I concluded that (1) every place sucks or (2) maybe some young folks have an attitude problem.

Lets just say some places suck better than others!!!w00t.gif

My advice for what it's worth; Don't burn all your bridges and leave the door ajar.

Just remember there are not many places in the world as good as Thailand to live and enjoy your retirement.

The reasons you originally left your home country to live and work in Thailand are still there, they have not gone away and after a few months you will come to realise that fact.

Think of your good times in Thailand.

I agree Thailand is working through it's problems at the moment but so is every other country, and it is not easy anywhere in the world if you are short of money.

Please sit down coffee1.gif think it through; you have done the hard bit in obtaining your WP and finding work.

Talk your problems through why have you "had it up to here with this country".

I will guarantee you there will be somebody on this forum who has experienced the same problems as you and they will have a solution.

But if you decide to go it's been nice speaking with you.

• Like 1

The reasons you originally left your home country to live and work in Thailand are still there, they have not gone away and after a few months you will come to realise that fact.

when I left my country, I was fed up with it there too, now after having lived here for only 3 years I realise that I had a GREAT life where I was in beautiful Newport Rhode Island, USA, the town I was born in and lived in up until I was 22 .A lot of my frustration I think comes down to the fact that I miss being able to do things at home that I cannot do here, I also miss my family and friends... my parents aren't getting any younger and seeing them once a year doesn't really cut it......

here I have very little social life because I haven't been able to meet and befriend anyone really...sure there are tons of acquaintances but the one friend I do have has also decided that he is going to leave Thailand and has recently moved to Japan...women were never part of the problem, I never got into a serious relationship with a Thai woman, so that part of the equation isn't relevant in my situation...hobbies are harder here too, I like to play and listen to music...I haven't been able to find anyone to share playing music with, nor is there really any opportunity to see live music that I enjoy (none of the bands I like even visit anywhere remotely close to Thailand)....my mind does't have stimulation here that I find it does back in the NativeLand. I don't really want to go into details of why exactly I want to leave, I don't want to be accused of Thai bashing or ignorance or whatever...I do in some respects wish I didn't have the understanding of the Thai language that I do, (by no means fluent, but intermediate at the very least) I hear things I object to, in that sense ignorance really is bliss.....

I think the straw the broke the camels back though was getting into a car accident where the other car was clearly in the wrong and having a group of Thais (the people in the car and police officers nearby) telling me that it was my fault and that I needed to let it go before I caused a bigger problem...I had to pay my car damages 10,000 baht for someone else's ** up...this was only two weeks ago...benefit to the doubt went to the Thais, fine so be it, they want to look after their own....but at this point I want no part of it.....

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 2

Precisely what bridges being burned are of such concern here?

He come come and go on O and TR the rest of his life eithba smile on his face no?

Pretty obvious that the TCT, Labor Min and to lesser extrnt immigration (perhaps with extension). He may be put on a blacklist for teaching. But those all obvious. He stated he was done with it. But Thailand needs warm bodies for classrooms...

But cancelling wp ez as filling out a paper, surely why not?

Its the flunkies, time and hassle at immigration. Bith in one day? Surely impossible and then transport out if the country. Lol. Even I will be pressed to do thst.

Done. Leave. Good!

This is weird but after reading your post I now have a lisp, and cannot stop thinking about Mac Beth.

Thanks for that!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bye...

I am going to have to hold out here for at least 2 more years. Right now, I am very happy. Renting a big home in CM , brand new car, a few motorbikes and bicycles. Lucky I am not married nor have I bought into a condo. Home ownership was just a very fortunate no can do. In two more years, my social security kicks in...and with my current retirement, I will be able to live in other places. Thailand is getting expensive, and it does seem that I have to be way too careful what I say and do here. I am worn out on the bar girl scene....18 years in PI and four here. The thai language is kicking my butt. I am pretty good at Japanese, Tagalog and French, but trying to communicate here is tough for me. I do like having cute girls around though. (Who doesn't?). Am I wrong, or does anyone feel that the Chinese and Russians are being courted, more so than westerners? Immigration rules are a pain here, in any case.

Have considered Vietnam...but am thinking, if I were to stay in Asia, it would be back to the Philippines. However, I am looking more and more at Ecuador or Panama.... Eastern Europe (The slavic area), looks good now, but I do not know what it would be like in two more years.

If the baht was a better deal for me....(should it ever goes past 35 to the usd) I would consider staying. If it goes under 30....I am gone.

WOW! It's as though you wrote this for me.
I just bought a new motorcycle and will give it a year... heading to Panama in February to escape the burning... I liked Ecuador, but chose thailand... IF I like Panama I will spend more time there than I do here... eventually I may move there full time and only come here for a month or two.... going to PI after I get back from Ecuador... IF I like PI more than here (they speak better english, but crime is an issue) then it's adios to thailand.

when I left my country, I was fed up with it there too, now after having lived here for only 3 years I realise that I had a GREAT life where I was in beautiful Newport Rhode Island, USA, the town I was born in and lived in up until I was 22 .A lot of my frustration I think comes down to the fact that I miss being able to do things at home that I cannot do here, I also miss my family and friends... my parents aren't getting any younger and seeing them once a year doesn't really cut it......

here I have very little social life because I haven't been able to meet and befriend anyone really...sure there are tons of acquaintances but the one friend I do have has also decided that he is going to leave Thailand and has recently moved to Japan...women were never part of the problem, I never got into a serious relationship with a Thai woman, so that part of the equation isn't relevant in my situation...hobbies are harder here too, I like to play and listen to music...I haven't been able to find anyone to share playing music with, nor is there really any opportunity to see live music that I enjoy (none of the bands I like even visit anywhere remotely close to Thailand)....my mind does't have stimulation here that I find it does back in the NativeLand. I don't really want to go into details of why exactly I want to leave, I don't want to be accused of Thai bashing or ignorance or whatever...I do in some respects wish I didn't have the understanding of the Thai language that I do, (by no means fluent, but intermediate at the very least) I hear things I object to, in that sense ignorance really is bliss.....

I think the straw the broke the camels back though was getting into a car accident where the other car was clearly in the wrong and having a group of Thais (the people in the car and police officers nearby) telling me that it was my fault and that I needed to let it go before I caused a bigger problem...I had to pay my car damages 10,000 baht for someone else's ** up...this was only two weeks ago...benefit to the doubt went to the Thais, fine so be it, they want to look after their own....but at this point I want no part of it.....

I just came back from 5 weeks in the US... every time I go there I realize how many great places there are in the US... thailand is not that great when it comes to outdoor activity. The mountain biking here sucks...there is no sea kayaking, the hiking is not good, there is little to no wildlife and most of the waters are polluted.
Making friends here is difficult... my social life is nothing like it used to be and having any meaningful relationship with a thai is a dead issue. The live music scene here is dead. Seeing anyone famous is NOT going to happen.
Not if, but when I am jacked up by the thais for being a farang in an accident and taken advantage of, that will also be the straw for me... I will pack it up and leave.
I am seeing rents going up and the unavailability of what I am accusmed to ... sometimes I see very little reason to hang around and it's frustrating.
Bottom line, I am not having fun in my retirement that way I thought I would... BUT, I had to try it.
Love the food... and I have learned to cook some seriously delicious foods, but I will take them with me when I go.
2 years here I have never felt settled. Life is short and there are many better places in this world than thailand. I am sadly disappointed with the beach and ocean here.
For those of you that love it, power to you man.
I will say, I love riding the motorcycle through some of the countryside and seeing the remote place, but live in CM is getting overpriced, crowded and no longer worth the sacrifice...
See what happens in a year...55555

I realize this comes off as it does, but most you (from the US) have to realize, this place is NOT all that... it is fun, it has it's cool places, it is cheaper, I had 4 dental crowns put in (highly recommend dental work here) it has good food, there are sexy girls, there is the ability to do things you can't get away with in the west...but....
I am open to constructive criticism, bashing and flaming...which I am sure I will get....55555

Edited by Nowisee
  • Like 2

Wherever you go, it will still be you once you arrive there.

Thailand is truly one of the garden spots of God's green Earth. If you can't make it there, you can't make it anywhere.

Watch out for the door. We get what we give. No more, no less. Amen

I rarely feel like impinging with other's personal opinions.

This time I do. You've expressed nothing but a trite, assuming and condescending statement of no truth, still imbibed with misplaced superiority.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

My advice for what it's worth; Don't burn all your bridges and leave the door ajar.

Just remember there are not many places in the world as good as Thailand to live and enjoy your retirement.

I agree Thailand is working through it's problems at the moment but so is every other country, and it is not easy anywhere in the world if you are short of money.

Please sit down coffee1.gif think it through; you have done the hard bit in obtaining your WP and finding work.

I will guarantee you there will be somebody on this forum who has experienced the same problems as you and they will have a solution.

You're joking right?

What you really mean is there are not many places in the world as cheap as Thailand.

If money wasn't an issue, there are hundreds of much better places to retire to.

• Like 1

Thailand is truly one of the garden spots of God's green Earth. If you can't make it there, you can't make it anywhere.

This time I do. You've expressed nothing but a trite, assuming and condescending statement of no truth, still imbibed with misplaced superiority.

Congratulations.

Paz, Your response is most excellently written but unfair. All that nithisa78 is saying is that he has been a failure at "making" it anywhere else in the world. His post even provides a hint into why.

As for the OP. You can see from the more mature posts that urge you to not close any doors that many of us have had the growing pains you are inflicted by. Heed their words--cancel the WV properly and good luck in your travel.

On the off-chance you should find yourself having such continued strong negative reactions to destinations, then it might be time for a new paradigm.

Cheers

I lived in the Canary Islands for 20 years before moving to Thailand. I had an outrageous highly paid job at the time working as a professional tour guide 3 days a week.A nice life but just bored with my surroundings.I moved to Thailand 4 years ago ( totally different ) and glad i made the move! I would find moving back to the UK like " living in hell " as i wouldn't know anybody who lives there and although i have a British Passport i have never felt " British " ( just my Radio 2 voice ..) It would not be an option. My advice is to work out " why " you want to move? and consider very seriously before even thinking about returning to the UK! Discuss it with friends who understand you.

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

• Like 1

The OP is from Newport Rhode Island USA, lovely place can't blame him for wanting to go back.

Good luck what ever you decide to do. The title of this topic made me lol when I first read it cos i feel pretty much the same lately but I'm not from somewhere anywhere near as nice as the OP, in fact im from pretty much from hell, so this will have to do here.

• Like 1

What we must always remember are the reasons why we leave our home countries in the first place! It's not easy to go back after being away for a long time in a different country with a different culture and that makes it very difficult to settle or even " fit in " to that country again.... F.J x

I lived in the Canary Islands for 20 years before moving to Thailand. I had an outrageous highly paid job at the time working as a professional tour guide 3 days a week.A nice life but just bored with my surroundings.I moved to Thailand 4 years ago ( totally different ) and glad i made the move! I would find moving back to the UK like " living in hell " as i wouldn't know anybody who lives there and although i have a British Passport i have never felt " British " ( just my Radio 2 voice ..) It would not be an option. My advice is to work out " why " you want to move? and consider very seriously before even thinking about returning to the UK! Discuss it with friends who understand you.

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

...just as a matter of curiosity; what made you feel bored "with my surroundings"?

Was that related to the "stupid" tourists you had to guide; or rather to the very surroundings?

Which Island were you on?

If somebody doesn't like "silly" Gran Canaria ... is silent Gomera no option?

Apparently not, tell me why?

(Quote: My advice is to work out "why" you want to move. End quote. So what was your motiv?)

:-)

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

...just as a matter of curiosity; what made you feel bored "with my surroundings"?

Was that related to the "stupid" tourists you had to guide; or rather to the very surroundings?

Which Island were you on?

If somebody doesn't like "silly" Gran Canaria ... is silent Gomera no option?

Apparently not, tell me why?

(Quote: My advice is to work out "why" you want to move. End quote. So what was your motiv?)

:-)

After living on a small island (Gran Canaria) for 20 years I felt it was time to move on to a new place. Nothing to do with the tourists! ( I only went to GC for a weeks holiday and ended up staying 20 years! )

• Like 1

Congratulations.

I agree, that was out of line.

I don't see thailand as anything special at all myself. It's safe, and I can spray water in the place of using toilet paper. What else is there to miss? Oh, university girls..... And no commercials on certain tv stations. That's it though. I think loving or hating it depend very much on your home country though, and I've learned over the years I am glad I am not from the uk. No place sounds more horrendous. No wonder all you blokes love thailand. Pick a country at random in central or South America though, and you're doing so much Better than thailand, in so many respects. Let's face it, the reason thailand gets so much play is because it's safe, and many folks here would in fact get taken for a ride daily in some of these edgier countries.

Anyway, I got off track.

• Like 1

Great thread so far. If expat life here had more of the camaraderie and solidarity I've seen from many of the responses, maybe there wouldn't be a need for the OP. ;)

I've reached my limit with the place, too. Actually, I've reached a number of limits over the years.

My first year here I taught at a technical college. Never again, I said, until I got a handle on Thai, so I could explain things better.

Second year, got an ED visa and studied my ass off. Third year tried teaching again, but it wasn't much better than the first year. (Hard to motivate a student who can't fail.) So I said, 'No more!' Was still happy to stay in Thailand, but would never again work on behalf of Thais. LIfe is too short to waste it getting so aggravated. This last year I was back on an ED visa, but at this point feel I've studied enough. At my age, though, there are no other options for a long term stay and depending on getting in every three months on a tourist visa isn't worth the hassle...........see ya!

I've been meaning to travel the region anyway. Going now -- meaning right now, I'm in the airport -- to visit family in the states for a couple months, and will sell the few things I have upon my return. Afterwards it's off to Nepal and India for three months. Then will fly into Malaysia. From there, who knows? Sure I'll return to Thailand--know a lot of people here--but I've no plans to grow roots anymore, not even shallow ones.

Good luck, OP!

You're joking right?

What you really mean is there are not many places in the world as cheap as Thailand.

If money wasn't an issue, there are hundreds of much better places to retire to.

See ya have a good time thumbsup.gif

I m sure IRS will be happy to see you back and have an audit. Don't expect tea and cookies. That s the reason why I never been back to the USA even being a US resident.(usa is too aggressive for my taste, I like to feel VIP) Now they count the days you stay in USA to tax you. No good paid job there, life expensive... Europe and USA became hell and now we are at war. Soon, it will be so hard to make a living in the West , that you will run back to Thailand. I m sure in 6 months you are back. So I tell you in advance "welcome back!" :)

Edited by Digitalnomade

We never know what is going to happen tomorrow, let alone the rest of our lives. You may feel pretty pissed now, Thailand does that to you but I can nearly gaurantee you will miss it sooner or later. Especially if you are returning to Europe.

This being the case it is always best to go by the book so it doesnt come back to haunt you later.

Cancelling your work permit is not hard but be aware it also cancels your visa if it is a nonB for work and they may ask to see proof that you have paid tax.

Both are no big deal if you plan ahead a few days.

With the visa issue, my Labour Office were very kind and helpful and pre-dated my cancellation letter, giving me time to leave the country without getting a seven day extension. (My good luck to find someone helpful). You could try this.

If you just up and leave nothing will happen especially if you fly out the problems, currently minor will occur if you come back and require a new permit.

Good luck with your travels.

The Four Phases[edit]

Honeymoon phase[edit]

During this period, the differences between the old and new culture are seen in a romantic light. For example, in moving to a new country, an individual might love the new food, the pace of life, and the locals' habits. During the first few weeks, most people are fascinated by the new culture. They associate with nationals who speak their language, and who are polite to the foreigners. Like most honeymoon periods, this stage eventually ends.[4]

Negotiation phase[edit]

After some time (usually around three months, depending on the individual), differences between the old and new culture become apparent and may create anxiety. Excitement may eventually give way to unpleasant feelings of frustration and anger as one continues to experience unfavorable events that may be perceived as strange and offensive to one's cultural attitude. Language barriers, stark differences in public hygiene, traffic safety, food accessibility and quality may heighten the sense of disconnection from the surroundings.[5]

While being transferred into a different environment puts special pressure on communication skills, there are practical difficulties to overcome, such as circadian rhythm disruption that often leads to insomnia and daylight drowsiness; adaptation of gut flora to different bacteria levels and concentrations in food and water; difficulty in seeking treatment for illness, as medicines may have different names from the native country's and the same active ingredients might be hard to recognize.

Still, the most important change in the period is communication: People adjusting to a new culture often feel lonely and homesick because they are not yet used to the new environment and meet people with whom they are not familiar every day. The language barrier may become a major obstacle in creating new relationships: special attention must be paid to one's and others' culture-specific body language signs, linguistic faux pas, conversation tone, linguistic nuances and customs, and false friends.

In the case of students studying abroad, some develop additional symptoms of loneliness that ultimately affect their lifestyles as a whole. Due to the strain of living in a different country without parental support, international students often feel anxious and feel more pressure while adjusting to new cultures—even more so when the cultural distances are wide, as patterns of logic and speech are different and a special emphasis is put on rhetoric.

Adjustment phase[edit]

Again, after some time (usually 6 to 12 months), one grows accustomed to the new culture and develops routines. One knows what to expect in most situations and the host country no longer feels all that new. One becomes concerned with basic living again, and things become more "normal". One starts to develop problem-solving skills for dealing with the culture and begins to accept the culture's ways with a positive attitude. The culture begins to make sense, and negative reactions and responses to the culture are reduced.[citation needed]

Outcomes[edit]

There are three basic outcomes of the Adjustment Phase:[citation needed]

Some people find it impossible to accept the foreign culture and to integrate. They isolate themselves from the host country's environment, which they come to perceive as hostile, withdraw into a "ghetto" and see return to their own culture as the only way out. These "Rejectors" also have the greatest problems re-integrating back home after return.

Some people integrate fully and take on all parts of the host culture while losing their original identity. This is called cultural assimilation. They normally remain in the host country forever. This group is sometimes known as "Adopters" and describes approximately 10% of expats.

Some people manage to adapt to the aspects of the host culture they see as positive, while keeping some of their own and creating their unique blend. They have no major problems returning home or relocating elsewhere. This group can be thought to be somewhat cosmopolitan. Approximately 30% of expats belong to this group.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_shock

Edited by OxfordWill

The Four Phases[edit]

Honeymoon phase[edit]

During this period, the differences between the old and new culture are seen in a romantic light. For example, in moving to a new country, an individual might love the new food, the pace of life, and the locals' habits. During the first few weeks, most people are fascinated by the new culture. They associate with nationals who speak their language, and who are polite to the foreigners. Like most honeymoon periods, this stage eventually ends.[4]

Negotiation phase[edit]

After some time (usually around three months, depending on the individual), differences between the old and new culture become apparent and may create anxiety. Excitement may eventually give way to unpleasant feelings of frustration and anger as one continues to experience unfavorable events that may be perceived as strange and offensive to one's cultural attitude. Language barriers, stark differences in public hygiene, traffic safety, food accessibility and quality may heighten the sense of disconnection from the surroundings.[5]

While being transferred into a different environment puts special pressure on communication skills, there are practical difficulties to overcome, such as circadian rhythm disruption that often leads to insomnia and daylight drowsiness; adaptation of gut flora to different bacteria levels and concentrations in food and water; difficulty in seeking treatment for illness, as medicines may have different names from the native country's and the same active ingredients might be hard to recognize.

Still, the most important change in the period is communication: People adjusting to a new culture often feel lonely and homesick because they are not yet used to the new environment and meet people with whom they are not familiar every day. The language barrier may become a major obstacle in creating new relationships: special attention must be paid to one's and others' culture-specific body language signs, linguistic faux pas, conversation tone, linguistic nuances and customs, and false friends.

In the case of students studying abroad, some develop additional symptoms of loneliness that ultimately affect their lifestyles as a whole. Due to the strain of living in a different country without parental support, international students often feel anxious and feel more pressure while adjusting to new cultures—even more so when the cultural distances are wide, as patterns of logic and speech are different and a special emphasis is put on rhetoric.

Adjustment phase[edit]

Again, after some time (usually 6 to 12 months), one grows accustomed to the new culture and develops routines. One knows what to expect in most situations and the host country no longer feels all that new. One becomes concerned with basic living again, and things become more "normal". One starts to develop problem-solving skills for dealing with the culture and begins to accept the culture's ways with a positive attitude. The culture begins to make sense, and negative reactions and responses to the culture are reduced.[citation needed]

Outcomes[edit]

There are three basic outcomes of the Adjustment Phase:[citation needed]

Some people find it impossible to accept the foreign culture and to integrate. They isolate themselves from the host country's environment, which they come to perceive as hostile, withdraw into a "ghetto" and see return to their own culture as the only way out. These "Rejectors" also have the greatest problems re-integrating back home after return.

Some people integrate fully and take on all parts of the host culture while losing their original identity. This is called cultural assimilation. They normally remain in the host country forever. This group is sometimes known as "Adopters" and describes approximately 10% of expats.

Some people manage to adapt to the aspects of the host culture they see as positive, while keeping some of their own and creating their unique blend. They have no major problems returning home or relocating elsewhere. This group can be thought to be somewhat cosmopolitan. Approximately 30% of expats belong to this group. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_shoc

you missed the main one when the gf.finds out you have not got what she thought you had then the fourth adjustment,

kicks in " finance phase" then its GLAB-BAN

Edited by meatboy

Be careful.

I've been here almost 18 years now and there are times I just want to say "<deleted> this place. I'm going". But in the end I ask myself..........................where? Cambodia? Vietnam? Back home? crying.gif

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you find happiness in your new abode.

Good point. That is exactly the dilemma I face sometimes. I really do love it here. But, get frustrated sometimes, by some of the aspects of life here. I genuinely like most Thai people I encounter. But, there are a few. It is mostly about the stubbornness, the inability to communicate, the nearly total absence of pride of workmanship, the lack of any sort of real law and order, the lack of discipline amongst most Thai men, the ridiculously reckless driving, everything associated with the dastardly cowardice pertaining to the whole concept of "face", and some other things. But, I ask, where would I go? Certainly not back to the US. Not unless I absolutely had to. So where? Indonesia is someplace I like, but would I want to live there? I like the Philippines too, but would not want to live there, as I do not want to live anywhere I have to have eyes in the back of my head, and the food is dreadful. Like the Cubans, the Philippine people do not have the "culinary gene". I do not care for Vietnam at all. Not on any level. Find most of the people to be cold fish, lacking in joy. And the govt. really sucks. I like Malaysia alot, and like the people too. But, would I want to live there? So, where does that leave me, as a person with limited resources?

• Like 1