Whey Protein Powder

Ozziepat

I noticed today at Yok supply store they sell Whey Powder.

I wonder how it compares to whey protein isolate etc.

Was not expensive

Probably good enough for Miss Muffett, but not body builders.

To be honest I dont believe too much in all that this whey is better as that whey.. (once it meets a certain standard) its all the same. but that is just me some people swear by certain brands and such.

I noticed today at Yok supply store they sell Whey Powder.

I wonder how it compares to whey protein isolate etc.

Was not expensive

Probably good enough for Miss Muffett, but not body builders.

To be honest I dont believe too much in all that this whey is better as that whey.. (once it meets a certain standard) its all the same. but that is just me some people swear by certain brands and such.

There's a song there...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

clubprotein.com

Order also from clubprotein, great service and easy to mix with everything

Hello guys, I've been on the club protein website and I can't see the product label clearly, does it state the Amino acid content of all the Amino acids in the powder?

Whats the club protein powder like? does it dissolve instantly?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

clubprotein.com

Hello guys, I've been on the club protein website and I can't see the product label clearly, does it state the Amino acid content of all the Amino acids in the powder?

I have no problem dissolving the product but I use a blender and it states the amino acid content on the label.

clubprotein.com

I have no problem dissolving the product but I use a blender and it states the amino acid content on the label.

Just got some info back from the manufacturer,

The Amino acid profile is really low for my requirements, but it may be a perfect whey protein for some people smile.png

A bodybuilder friend of mine in Chiang Mai is about to launch his company in November called Warrior Supplements.

They make their own products and will sell flavoured whey that has a pretty awesome nutritional profile, and for a fraction of the price of the big international brands. I think per 34g serve, it will have 27g of protein and 2g of fat and 3g carbs with some good BCAA's thrown in. I think another whey product they will sell even has creatine mixed in too, which i'm amping for.

They will be online only - with free shipping anywhere in Thailand so look out for them.

I will find out the website and re-post soon.

Edited by KiwiBro

A bodybuilder friend of mine in Chiang Mai is about to launch his company in November called Warrior Supplements.

They make their own products and will sell flavoured whey that has a pretty awesome nutritional profile, and for a fraction of the price of the big international brands. I think per 34g serve, it will have 27g of protein and 2g of fat and 3g carbs with some good BCAA's thrown in. I think another whey product they will sell even has creatine mixed in too, which i'm amping for.

They will be online only - with free shipping anywhere in Thailand so look out for them.

I will find out the website and re-post soon.

Sounds interesting, I will definitely check them out

I wouldn't buy any of the whey or bodybuilding products in the shops in Chiang Mai, because their prices are ridiculously high!

For instance the product I use costs 3500 baht in Thailand, I get it shipped in from the US for 1300 baht and that includes delivery!

• Like 1

That IS a good deal. Yes, the import tax on such products are extremely high - hence why the prices are so astronomical for the big brands.

The Warrior Supplements guy said his two whey products will be 1790THB (27.9g protein per 34g scoop) and 1890THB (25.1g protein & 3.4g creatine per 34g serve), respectively - for 2kg stand-up zip lock pouches. Four flavours - Choc, Vanilla, Banana and Strawberry.

Any other info you can email him:

[email protected]

Go to Icon square at the north of the moat. behind it iabout 10 metres down a small soi is a body building shop (legit) with red sign - cant miss it who sell unflavoured whey isolate 950 THB and whey concentrate 850 THB in 1 kg bags. If you are in the know this is the place to go.

We are all in the know now biggrin.png

Just got some info back from the manufacturer,

The Amino acid profile is really low for my requirements, but it may be a perfect whey protein for some people smile.png

A whey is a whey.. can't be much difference in there unlike what the producers like you to believe. But its good to see that all that shiny marketing does work on certain people.

• Like 1

Whey is naturally abundant in amino acids regardless - however, many supplement brands place a lot of emphasis on adding extra branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) into their whey products. There is a lot of peer reviewed articles on supplementing amino acids in conjunction with resistance training - some interesting stuff too. Check out the dosages they use and compare with what your whey products already have in them. You will be surprised.

Whey is naturally abundant in amino acids regardless - however, many supplement brands place a lot of emphasis on adding extra branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) into their whey products. There is a lot of peer reviewed articles on supplementing amino acids in conjunction with resistance training - some interesting stuff too. Check out the dosages they use and compare with what your whey products already have in them. You will be surprised.

To be honest it might still be cheaper to take more of one kind then to buy the crazy expensive kinds for only a bit more amino acids. But I can tell you as someone who trained for 25 years.. that its even debatable if you notice whey use .. now to see difference between different kind of wheys would be even more futile. The things that really help are not legal (or healthy by abuse) but nobody ever got huge from whey.

To be honest it might still be cheaper to take more of one kind then to buy the crazy expensive kinds for only a bit more amino acids. But I can tell you as someone who trained for 25 years.. that its even debatable if you notice whey use .. now to see difference between different kind of wheys would be even more futile. The things that really help are not legal (or healthy by abuse) but nobody ever got huge from whey.

We have to realise that it is the protein content and the type of protein of whey which counts. We all know protein is the essential building block of muscle. Without it, we would definitely struggle to recover from intense workouts, let alone pack on muscle. Whey is easy for our body to digest and in-turn quickly absorbed into our blood stream and utilised in our muscles.

Now the different types of whey (i.e from the basic concentrate, then isolate and to the most filtered hydrolysate) are all the same stuff - they are just passed through different filters and dryers during the production process creating less lactose, fat and carbohydrates and increasing the protein content per serving. Simple. Obviously, with the more filtered higher protein count whey products available, companies increase their prices significantly making a good bang for their buck.

Now with what you are talking about with the illegal side of things, yes, they are great tools in your tool kit to have assist you in your goals of attaining more muscle mass and or decreasing your fat mass. But remember what most anabolic "tools" do? They assist you to put on size by increasing the efficiency of protein synthesis in your muscles during recovery. You still need protein for protein synthesis and if you want to maximise your gains from the particular "tool", you have to get your required protein intake from somewhere.

We have to realise that it is the protein content and the type of protein of whey which counts. We all know protein is the essential building block of muscle. Without it, we would definitely struggle to recover from intense workouts, let alone pack on muscle. Whey is easy for our body to digest and in-turn quickly absorbed into our blood stream and utilised in our muscles.

Now the different types of whey (i.e from the basic concentrate, then isolate and to the most filtered hydrolysate) are all the same stuff - they are just passed through different filters and dryers during the production process creating less lactose, fat and carbohydrates and increasing the protein content per serving. Simple. Obviously, with the more filtered higher protein count whey products available, companies increase their prices significantly making a good bang for their buck.

Now with what you are talking about with the illegal side of things, yes, they are great tools in your tool kit to have assist you in your goals of attaining more muscle mass and or decreasing your fat mass. But remember what most anabolic "tools" do? They assist you to put on size by increasing the efficiency of protein synthesis in your muscles during recovery. You still need protein for protein synthesis and if you want to maximise your gains from the particular "tool", you have to get your required protein intake from somewhere.

Sure, I am not arguing against proteins just stating that its hard to see what the effect of taking whey is compared to not taking it. That is hard to see, now it would be even harder to see real difference between 2 kinds of whey so why spend your money on the difference. Unless its of course because it blends better or tastes better. I doubt the difference in muscle gain could be even measured and would not be substantial at all.

Of course I know how those anabolic tools work, they don't work without protein or without training. I have used them in the past and its good but problem is you always loose a lot after use. So I prefer not too as its a constant yo yo effect. But what I mean is that they really show that it works.. that is much more as can be said from whey. (also a far higher risk factor ofcourse) But I was just talking about feeling and knowing something works. That feeling i never got from whey. I still use it of course as a supplement.

(OP here): The supplement shop just down the small soi running north from the street behind Icon (Ikon?) Square has both whey concentrate and whey isolate. Thanks for the info, Wooz! Both are under 1000 Baht for a kilo, with the concentrate a bit cheaper - maybe 850 - and 950 for isolate. It carries a top manufacturer brand name and seems to be good quality. The guy collects orders and then buys in quantity. Unflavored and flavored are available. If you do not order in advance he might or might not have what you want in a given shipment. I walked in and bought 1 kg. of unflavored isolate that came in one clear ziploc bag, expiry date in 2016, but I was lucky.

your welcome - glad the info was useful.- if you are into street workout calisthenics - then there are a group of thai lads ( b-boys) that workout out at the stadium most evenings - very strong guys - but there is not much to work out on - there is however a nice little set up of bars outside "metal gym" which is located on the road to paypap university just off the 11 highway - its either free or 20 Thb depending on the mood of the owner.

enjoy :-)

the shop you bought the whey also sells FAT GRIPS - I highly recommend buying a pair.