British Man Attempts Suicide In Pattaya

Rimmer

British Man Attempts Suicide In Pattaya

PATTAYA – September 22, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 12.00 pm Pol.Capt.Narong Prajim-deputy inspector of Nong Prue police station- was notified that a foreign man had attempted to commit suicide in a room near a Beer and Coffee bar, Soi Khao Noi road. After notification the police officers were accompanied with Sawang Borriboon rescue team who rushed to the scene.

At the scene 4-5 people were helping Mr.John Jacob Mcghee a 33 year old British man after he tried to kill himself by hanging. The rescuers performed first aid on him before sending him to hospital.

Upon questioning Mrs.Sopin Kaewsung the 47 year old housemaid she told police that Mr John had rented a room since the 16th of September and was due to check out on the 22nd of September. Before the incident Mr John told her that he had been tricked out of 5,000 baht by a Thai girl which may be the reason he tried to commit suicide.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/british-man-attempts-suicide-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-24

Following Mr Mcghee's darkest hour on this planet, the Pattaya Daily Mail and Thai Visa Forum find it appropriate to splash his personal details and even more personal problems across their electronic tabloids for all to see.

In spite of it being a good story, there are very appropriate reasons why media outlets in Australia (and I assume USA, UK etc) do not report such events.

Shame.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the Pattaya Mail.

Shame! wai.gif

For all of you that say 5,000 baht isn't a lot, I agree it isn't if you have it. This guy was found in a room on Soi Khao Noi, which is hardly the high end of town to live in. His monthly rent and living expenses may well have been 5,000 baht and he may've been counting on getting it back to pay his rent and utilities. By not having this money it can be a real game changer for some people, this is the type of person hides away in a less than salubrious 'loom', scraping an existence from what little resources they may have.

• Like 2

5000 baht is not big money... makes me wonder?

Sorry that he obviously has issues. Maybe loss of face, which is very important to many farang.

If he was checking out on the 22nd, the prospect of returning to Britain may have understandable made him depressed.Maybe under the influence of alcohol or something else. At least the usual brigade of conspiracy theorists have nothing more to fling about other than the suggestive veiled hints of "makes me wonder."

Sometimes the obvious is what really happened.

This got nothing to do with 5000 baht , but it's depression and he tried to escape in a way only cowards would do by hanging himself .

Is there anyone back home that will support him and make sure he gets professional help ?

If not he will succeed next time , maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1

5000 baht is not big money... makes me wonder?

Sorry that he obviously has issues. Maybe loss of face, which is very important to many farang.

not as important as it is to many Asians I would say...Europe and America aren't really the "face cultures" that Southeast Asia/Asia are

Please don't say he would of committed suicide for the sake of 5,000 baht...

Must be more to this for sure ???

Yes, he needs psychiatric help.

Certainly does! Imagine lending a Thai girl in Pattaya money and expecting to get it back.

A racist post has been removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.