British Man Attempts Suicide In Pattaya

Rimmer

Following Mr Mcghee's darkest hour on this planet, the Pattaya Daily Mail and Thai Visa Forum find it appropriate to splash his personal details and even more personal problems across their electronic tabloids for all to see.

In spite of it being a good story, there are very appropriate reasons why media outlets in Australia (and I assume USA, UK etc) do not report such events.

Shame.

This is not OZ, US, or UK

RIP ---

Previously I had gotten taken advantage of by my then Thai GF's because of my good will.

Yes they swindled me out of numerous 1,000's Thai Baht and yes I made some bad decisions.

But none were worth me taking my life.

For some of these Thai working girls it is their job or their livelihood.

As I was in my 40's, I always thought I was lucky to find a girl in their late 20's/30's.

You need to ask yourself: - why do you think a 30-year old girl needs to be with a 50-year old man.

MONEY $$$

No Money - No Honey :)

This got nothing to do with 5000 baht , but it's depression and he tried to escape in a way only cowards would do by hanging himself .

Is there anyone back home that will support him and make sure he gets professional help ?

If not he will succeed next time , maybe tomorrow.

I always find it amusing that ill informed, intolerant people say "only cowards" would attempt suicide. In reality, many of the so called cowards have fought long and hard battles against their inner demons. When they feel they can no longer go on or feel that their problems, real or imagined are hurting their loved ones they decide to end it for the better.

For the record try it...see how easy it is to physically harm yourself then tell me only cowards do it.

I really wish I'd gone to the second page before responding to "Balo". I can see after reading your response that all I did was reinvent the wheel. Balo is typical of individuals who upon hearing an "opinion," assume it must be true, then adopt the position as their own without ever giving it an ounce of critical thought. The decision to end one's life must be respected before, during and after the event simply because it is not possible for us to know all that went into this type of decision. Not without having lived the person's life. There exists a point for everyone where living is simply no longer justifiable. It is only a matter of fortune that most will expire of natural causes before reaching it.

This got nothing to do with 5000 baht , but it's depression and he tried to escape in a way only cowards would do by hanging himself .

Is there anyone back home that will support him and make sure he gets professional help ?

I always find it amusing that ill informed, intolerant people say "only cowards" would attempt suicide. In reality, many of the so called cowards have fought long and hard battles against their inner demons. When they feel they can no longer go on or feel that their problems, real or imagined are hurting their loved ones they decide to end it for the better.

For the record try it...see how easy it is to physically harm yourself then tell me only cowards do it.

I really wish I'd gone to the second page before responding to "Balo". I can see after reading your response that all I did was reinvent the wheel. Balo is typical of individuals who upon hearing an "opinion," assume it must be true, then adopt the position as their own without ever giving it an ounce of critical thought. The decision to end one's life must be respected before, during and after the event simply because it is not possible for us to know all that went into this type of decision. Not without having lived the person's life. There exists a point for everyone where living is simply no longer justifiable. It is only a matter of fortune that most will expire of natural causes before reaching it.

My opinion on this matter, if it was a suicide attempt stands. Whatever type of problem he had a suicide is not the solution.

My opinion on this matter, if it was a suicide attempt stands. Whatever type of problem he had a suicide is not the solution.

Facts stand. Opinions never make it up from their knees. Think about it. If suicide were not viable, then why would it be so widely employed? A solution does not need anyone's approval to be a valid solution. Again, opinion without merit. Somehow I think the purpose of my response may be getting lost here. It is within your rights to decide that suicide is not your cup of tea. No one could fault you for that. But to baselessly call someone in a debilitated state a coward is ironically, something only a coward would do. Had you even considered that?