Nordic walking sticks

Spaniel

I'm not sure if that is the correct name but the item I'm referring to look like ski poles and I have seen people in Pattaya area using them when exercise walking. I do a lot of exercise walking myself and since I don't think I can increase my speed I'm trying to find a way to squeeze more benefit out of the 2 hours per day that I walk. So my question is anyone that is familiar with using these poles can you offer any basic instructions in their use and where they can be purchased in either Bangkok or Pattaya. I would think that you would have to get the correct pole length based on your height?

I saw a big, elderly Scandi guy at the Pratumnak/Theprasit junction this morning with a pair of obviously home-made ski poles... or maybe they were the original hickory and oak sticks.

I reckon one can cobble together something practical from some blue pvc water pipe and rubber chair leg end caps (all available at HomePro and the likes. Add some bicycle handlebar grips for the top ends and a bit of string. Then you can (partially) fill them with sand or water and give your arms a proper work out.