Prayut's advice to retirees: Stay mentally alert

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good advise by the General. All TV members should read this and follow his words.

I have for a long time believed in the need to keep your brain active to avoid or at least slow down the development of Alzheimer's Disease.

Alan

For sure you need to exercise the brain just like a muscle. But if you watch those retirees in bars you wonder if they had a brain to start with and if they had an other kind of advice for brain health.. copious amounts of alcohol.

But face it, I went back where i grew up and I am only 40 but some of my friends really let go beer bellies.. and such, but others kept quite healthy and in shape both physically and mentally. Like getting fat its all about choices you make and things that are important to you.

I think everyone knows the story of retirees that were bright and smart when they worked at a company and when you see them again after a year their mind is gone.

So are you insinuating us beer belly people are no longer in good stead with HQ (The Brain) ? It cost a lot of money to look like this.

When the belly is empty, the body becomes spirit; and when it is full, the spirit becomes body. cheesy.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good advise by the General. All TV members should read this and follow his words.

I have for a long time believed in the need to keep your brain active to avoid or at least slow down the development of Alzheimer's Disease.

Alan

For sure you need to exercise the brain just like a muscle. But if you watch those retirees in bars you wonder if they had a brain to start with and if they had an other kind of advice for brain health.. copious amounts of alcohol.

But face it, I went back where i grew up and I am only 40 but some of my friends really let go beer bellies.. and such, but others kept quite healthy and in shape both physically and mentally. Like getting fat its all about choices you make and things that are important to you.

I think everyone knows the story of retirees that were bright and smart when they worked at a company and when you see them again after a year their mind is gone.

So are you insinuating us beer belly people are no longer in good stead with HQ (The Brain) ? It cost a lot of money to look like this.

When the belly is empty, the body becomes spirit; and when it is full, the spirit becomes body. cheesy.gif

I am suggesting that people with beer bellies dont take care of their body and its a proven fact that alcohol damages the brain.

You don't have to overfill the body to fill it. Anyway as i said in my post.. its all about choices. If people like drinking so be it their choice.

• Like 2

He looks better in this VW 181 wink.png

army-chief-thai.jpg

I wonder how much these ceremonial jeep cost the Thai tax payers?

10 million each? I mean North Korean Won, not US$.

For 30 year old + vehicles, they are, naturally, in excellent condition. Probably obtained from some European nation in exchange for rice?.

Perhaps the general would look better in a Humvee, what do you think chotthee?

Nice jeep.

I had to look twice, thought they were using a photo from Nth Korea.

If North Korea I would have thought to have seen crowds of cheering people in clear adoration of the General. Like in this picture smile.png

post-58-0-42243200-1411614638_thumb.jpg

I would have thought that countering all obfuscation and other nonsense here would be more than sufficient to keep one on ones toes, especially for us non-native English speakers rolleyes.gif

Are you sure you're a non-native English speaker? Coming up with an obscure word like "obfuscation" and using terminology such as "to keep one on ones toes", I find it very difficult to believe. Maybe you can enlighten us all as to what nationality you are and where you obtained your English education? Just curious. cool.png

• Like 1

I would have thought that countering all obfuscation and other nonsense here would be more than sufficient to keep one on ones toes, especially for us non-native English speakers rolleyes.gif

Are you sure you're a non-native English speaker? Coming up with an obscure word like "obfuscation" and using terminology such as "to keep one on ones toes", I find it very difficult to believe. Maybe you can enlighten us all as to what nationality you are and where you obtained your English education? Just curious. cool.png

He is from the glorious country called the Netherlands that also goes by the name of Holland. Supposedly one of the countries with the highest IQ in Europe leaving places like the UK behind.

Nice jeep.

I had to look twice, thought they were using a photo from Nth Korea.

Looks like a Mahindra Jeep

I've forgotten what the topic was, but, do you have recognition problems when viewing vehicles?

post-9891-0-60827400-1411617526_thumb.jppost-9891-0-74379500-1411617535_thumb.jp

Ford M151A2 Mahindra Jeep.

I agree, the similarity may be in the colors, but otherwise, not at all alike.

Ah yes! Alzheimers and General Prayuth.

He is from the glorious country called the Netherlands that also goes by the name of Holland. Supposedly one of the countries with the highest IQ in Europe leaving places like the UK behind.

Well, thank you for that enlightenment. I learn something new everyday. That could be the reason I left the UK behind. wai2.gif

• Like 2

"...advice to soon-to-be retirees like himself, including staying mentally alert to prevent senility."

For this to happen, must not one be mentally alert preceding retirement? This is definitely a tough sellwhistling.gif .

-----------------------

I'll be kind,,young fella, and assume you didn't mean me.

I'll be 68 years old n October, and I can still count, so I can't be doing to badly can I ?

Well, being 'new' here you might have missed I frequently call myself a regular Dutch uncle and with pride as well. I even wrote it in my profile. My profile also shows I've been at it here for close to 12 years now and that has definitively sharpened my mind, helped me fine-tune my BS detector and even helped me to learn all those words we never learned in school in the Netherlands rolleyes.gif

Just truly,

uncle rubl wai.gif

PS now you may understand why God gave the English Dutch uncles thumbsup.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with mental exercises, be it bridge, mah jung or sudoku, to stay mentally sharp, but a cure for Altzheimers? That's sort of a bikini type comment that makes the speaker look rather silly.

In any case, navigating the various scams prevalent in Thailand is mental exercise enough.

Stay mentally alert, and to help our honoured foreign retiree guests we will keep amending the rules, and the application of those rules, regarding the visas which allow you to stay in the country. That way you will always be researching and holding intellectual discussions about stimulating topics on various internet forums, thus keeping your mind sharp.

That is all.

Correct, stay mentally alert -- watch at least 20 hrs per day of Thai TV, plenty of soapies, game shows, and slap stick rubbish, this will ensure full mental participation and ongoing development.

Have a listen to some of the music in that video.

Sounds like Warner Bro's. cartoons...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Probably from Australia......

Well, being 'new' here you might have missed I frequently call myself a regular Dutch uncle and with pride as well. I even wrote it in my profile. My profile also shows I've been at it here for close to 12 years now and that has definitively sharpened my mind, helped me fine-tune my BS detector and even helped me to learn all those words we never learned in school in the Netherlands rolleyes.gif

Just truly,

uncle rubl wai.gif

Forgive me a wiki'ism but

Dutch uncle is a term for a person who issues frank, harsh, and severe comments and criticism to educate, encourage, or admonish someone.

Not much to be proud of, I would have thought. Educating, encouraging and even admonishing someone may be OK if you're right and they're wrong, but how do you determine that you're right - unless you know you are and regard arrogance as a virtue.................

Edited by fab4

Just truly,

uncle rubl wai.gif

Forgive me a wiki'ism but

Dutch uncle is a term for a person who issues frank, harsh, and severe comments and criticism to educate, encourage, or admonish someone.

Not much to be proud of I would have thought. Educating, encouraging and even admonishing someone may be OK if you're right and they're wrong, but how you determine that you're right - unless you know you are and regard arrogance as a virtue.................

"Dutch uncle is a term for a person who issues frank, harsh, and severe comments and criticism to educate, encourage, or admonish someone. Thus, a "Dutch uncle" is a person who is rather the reverse of what is normally thought of as avuncular or uncle-like (which would be indulgent and permissive)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_uncle

It's difficult to be humble when you know you're just great thumbsup.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

Probably from Australia......

Real Dutch, honestly.

Cheers,

uncle rubl

robblok, on 25 Sept 2014 - 10:10, said:
Eneukman, on 25 Sept 2014 - 09:57, said:

Mango Bob, on 25 Sept 2014 - 08:12, said:

Alan

The biggest mental problem is those who think they are better than others... but in reality are no better, perhaps worse. Remember young grasshopper, you still need the reach the old age, and when you do, another youngin' will be making disparaging remarks about you. If you are younger than 18, then it's time to grow up and think more maturely. A person with a "beer belly" and or "older" than you can still be a much better "man."

robblok, on 25 Sept 2014 - 10:10, said:
Eneukman, on 25 Sept 2014 - 09:57, said:

Mango Bob, on 25 Sept 2014 - 08:12, said:

Alan

The biggest mental problem is those who think they are better than others... but in reality are no better, perhaps worse. Remember young grasshopper, you still need the reach the old age, and when you do, another youngin' will be making disparaging remarks about you. If you are younger than 18, then it's time to grow up and think more maturely. A person with a "beer belly" and or "older" than you can still be a much better "man."

Feeling attacked are we ? If I am that age and have one the young ones can make the comments because then I have not been taking care of myself.

• Like 1

Alan

Dulling senses as you age can be beneficial. As the eyes deteriorate you don't notice the wrinkles quite as much.biggrin.png

Alan

Dulling senses as you age can be beneficial. As the eyes deteriorate you don't notice the wrinkles quite as much.biggrin.png

True.. but i rather not have my mind going out on me. So far my dad who is retired is as sharp as ever. I hope to follow in his footsteps.

He strikes me as a man with integrity and a person that this country needs.

Only history will tell. But I am hoping!

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

History says there were eleven coup leaders before him and no doubt there will be coup leaders to follow him. There is no other hope.