Thai school official faces molestation, rape charges

webfact

School official faces molestation, rape charges
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A primary school director in Phayao's Chiang Kham district, who had been accused of molesting five pupils, is facing four counts of molestation and one count of rape.

Pol Lt-Colonel Sanit Wongyai yesterday said police and a multi-discipline committee had interviewed the five students from Prathom 1-4 levels and police had already informed the suspect of the charges against him.

The suspect sustained a broken arm and chest injury from a car accident in Dok Kham Tai district, immediately after the news broke out. The school director was granted release on bail so he could undergo surgery on his arm, Sanit said.

The suspect's relatives, who were at the hospital, told reporters they would fight the court battle and he would not attempt to flee or intimidate the victims. They urged the community to give the man a chance.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/School-official-faces-molestation-rape-charges-30244058.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-25

Strange that the school official suffered a broken arm and Chest injuries immediately after the news was announced and from a car crash , yeah right.

Not strange at all. If my daughter would have been one of the victims, i swear that a broken arm would be the least of the surgeries he would have to undergo.

• Like 1

" A primary school director in Phayao's Chiang Kham district, who had been accused of molesting five pupils, is facing four counts of molestation and one count of rape."

It's an international phenomenon that child molesters find employment or admission to schools and religious orders.

There has to be a lot more monitoring and background checks of everyone who gains entrance in any capacity to both settings. Not only should the perpetrators be charged, and if convicted be punished, but all those who had knowledge of these violations against children and did not report them, also be prosecuted and punished. It should not matter whether that person is the superintendent of the school system or the titular head of the religious order. They are just as culpable for the crime as the individual who physically committed it.

Edited by jaltsc

maybe the victims were just too sexy, would that not be reasonable cause???

Poor post, i would recommend you delete it...

I assume alant meant it to be sarcastic, linking to the words of our new pm lately about bikinis.

Sarcasm does not work in this case... there is a time and place and this is not it, but hey, his choice.

as the father of a teenage daughter that was raped and killed in Australia, if anyone is going to jump on someone it is me. After what has happened here in the past and on the island recently along with what was/is said by the officials I understood what the poster meant immediately with his sarcasm(and agreed with it), if you cant understand that then you havent been here long enough or simply dont understanfd well enough. The thai way in a lot of cases is to lay the blame on the victim even when it is children, I find this extremely sickening and will write sarcastic comments on it myself but usually write "sarcasm" below it for those that cannot realize my angst at what they are claiming or what is actually meant.

• Like 2

Remember all the cover up in the west, schools and churches.all through the 60's 70's and 80's. Thousand's of kids. Still in the courts today with adults coming forward after years of fear. I suspect Thailand is the same. In that a small trickle will come first, followed by aflood of people and kids coming forward. I think rape and sexual abuse especially of boys is rampant in thai schools and temples .

I assume alant meant it to be sarcastic, linking to the words of our new pm lately about bikinis.

Sarcasm does not work in this case... there is a time and place and this is not it, but hey, his choice.

as the father of a teenage daughter that was raped and killed in Australia, if anyone is going to jump on someone it is me. After what has happened here in the past and on the island recently along with what was/is said by the officials I understood what the poster meant immediately with his sarcasm(and agreed with it), if you cant understand that then you havent been here long enough or simply dont understanfd well enough. The thai way in a lot of cases is to lay the blame on the victim even when it is children, I find this extremely sickening and will write sarcastic comments on it myself but usually write "sarcasm" below it for those that cannot realize my angst at what they are claiming or what is actually meant.

I hope you found some closure.

I wish Thais would listen to their own doctrines more.

This post is written in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blHEMeFNv98

seajae..... rest in peace within youself...... it is what your daughter would have wished for. x

• Like 1

Strange that the school official suffered a broken arm and Chest injuries immediately after the news was announced and from a car crash , yeah right.

Poetic justice?

If it WAS a vigilante, good on him!

The kid's Dad sees him & runs him over = Car Crash.

Great idea......I'll probably do that if some teacher ever touches my daughters.

If he's guilty he can't be punished hard enough.

But in these cases (where young children are involved), one should be extremely careful.

(although P.4 child is 10 years old, so not that young).

We should wait for a conclusion of the court, before going to lynch him.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

It's easy to imagine the Thai police questioning a suspect and having conflict before a question is asked. They must be tortured within to figure out what they are supposed to ask and what they are supposed to do and what it all means for their circle. No sense of rightness or wrongness only the Thai game and ritual - only the regular questions. What does it mean for me if he is guilty or innocent and what will others think about what I do? Thais are obsessed with themselves and what others think and what it means for them.

• Like 2

Give him a chance ? How could even their family ask for that? Is it normal ?

No mercy should be shown to such criminals. I can not imagine the thought of what kind of sick bxxxxrd would think of raping a child? I think prison for life should be the sentence for such animal type of sick people .

seajae, on 25 Sept 2014 - 09:25, said:

As i said i do not believe such sarcasm is justifiable in this case, and i am somewhat surprised you agree with it given the awful events that happened with your family. Irregardless of how long i have been here or my understanding of the 'thai way' i do not see why these events need to be linked, sarcasm or not. Don't get me wrong i am 100% sure the poster meant know harm and it was siad in jest,, but sometimes we need to stop and think as a lot of people read these posts. But of course were all free to express our thoughts and that's one thing i like about this site and others, we can have good debates, sometimes heated, sometimes friendly banter. As you will see the moderator has deleted the post and the poster offered up that option which was noble.

• Like 1

If he's guilty he can't be punished hard enough.

But in these cases (where young children are involved), one should be extremely careful.

(although P.4 child is 10 years old, so not that young).

We should wait for a conclusion of the court, before going to lynch him.

Hi Kris,

I'm not singling you out, but if, say a 10 year old Thai kid accused you, and pointed you out to her father, how safe do you think you'd be?

Could be in the USA/UK/Thailand or Timbuktu wherever.

I agree they should get a trial, just not so sure I'd be thinking very rationally if (God forbid) it ever happened to my daughters.

There is a very, very good movie people might want to watch. It's called "A Time to Kill." It is very thought provoking and is about a father who walked right into the courthouse and killed two men who had raped and viciously beaten his ten year old daughter.

It leaves a lot to reflect on.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If he is found Guilty, I hope he gets thrown in to a general population facility when he get a nice dose of what he has been dishing out to those poor kids.

Sick Bastard.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Unfortunately prison will make him more of a deviant and reinforce his mindset based on survival.

All the rape and discomfort that you wish upon these people will do little to stop them from being predators.

even more so in a Thai prison I would assume. I always feel that these types of predators

should be put in complete isolation with minimum exposure to other humans period.

Isolation is a type of environment that forces self reflection of their predator/control sexual behavior.

MILT post # 27

Unfortunately prison will make him more of a deviant and reinforce his mindset based on survival.

All the rape and discomfort that you wish upon these people will do little to stop them from being predators.

even more so in a Thai prison I would assume. I always feel that these types of predators

should be put in complete isolation with minimum exposure to other humans period.

Isolation is a type of environment that forces self reflection of their predator/control sexual behavior.

Now this is my offering regarding a successful environmental isolation programme.

Driving-Nail-Coffin.jpg

Edited by siampolee

Not strange at all. If my daughter would have been one of the victims, i swear that a broken arm would be the least of the surgeries he would have to undergo.

My guess is the accident injuring him is not as simple as they make it seem. Maybe a family member took some revenge

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Lots of idiotic posts. Before the man has been tried, you lot find him guilty.

God help anyone if you find yourselves on a jury.

You're a disgrace.

Ever heard of malicious allegations? False memory syndrome?

Save your childish bile for when and if he is found guilty.

• Like 1

The newspaper which cannot be named here reported on this story a week ago. There it was reported that Mr Supat had been immediately moved to the other school to avoid intimidation by parents. His boss Mr Suchat insisted that correct investigation procedures would be followed and that, if Mr Supat was found guilty of any wrongdoing he would be transferred to the education office.

• +5 Bonus points for having investigational procedures to follow
  • +10 Bonus points for sticking to your guns and saying that such procedures would, in fact, be followed
  • Minus 1 million points for saying that the punishment for raping an 8 year old girl and molesting 4 others would merely be transfer to a different job.