Five Year Visa?

I saw this ad/message on Thai Visa yesterday. Is this something new and/or unique? Legal?

THAI VISA MEMBER NEWSLETTER

5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA"

You can now get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand!

Perfect if you are under 50 years old, or not married to a Thai citizen or not working.

Visa type: PE

Visa validity: 5 years

Length of stay: 1 year per entry

Extendable: Every entry gives you a full year stay, or you can extend every year at your local Immigration office.

Included: Immigration Airport Fast Track and Free Airport Limousine

It is legit but you can get a business visa for much less than 500k with a work permit which this visa does not provide and you can get it not just for 5 years. So this is a temporary and overpriced solution providing little benefits.

You writing about setting up shell company just to get a visa and possibly an extension of stay. There are lot of of ongoing expenses to do that might well come close to the 100k (500K/5) a year cost for a 5 year elite membership.

Many people would not want to through the trouble of doing it so it is not a viable option for most.

where does it say 500.000?

as i have always known and it show on the website as well it is 2.000.000 baht

"It is legit. It will cost you 500k baht for the the 5 year plan."

That's where it says 500,000..

500k is short for 500,000 smile.png

i dont see 500k anywhere on the official website http://www.thailandelite.com/index.php

it show 2 million baht

i dont see 500k anywhere on the official website http://www.thailandelite.com/index.php

it show 2 million baht

It's 2 Million THB PLUS VAT for a 20 year membership. Plus you will have to pay an extra 20,000 THB plus VAT annual fee.

The 500,000 THB plus VAT is the fee for 5 years membership. There is NO annual extra fee.

armed with a calculator, the 5 year option is clearly the cheapest. And if you die before 20 years have passed, the investment is lost. I would always prefer the 5 years option towards the 20 year's one.

Reading helps.

Edited by crazygreg44

It's 2 Million THB PLUS VAT for a 20 year membership. Plus you will have to pay an extra 20,000 THB plus VAT annual fee.

The 500,000 THB plus VAT is the fee for 5 years membership. There is NO annual extra fee.

armed with a calculator, the 5 year option is clearly the cheapest. And if you die before 20 years have passed, the investment is lost. I would always prefer the 5 years option towards the 20 year's one.

Reports are that VAT is being waived

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/?p=8199972

• Like 1

And then, if you have 500k THB to throw away, you might as well have over 10M THB to invest in the real stuff. The government bond goes at about 4% yield and gets you NON-IMM-B status right away without losing any dough anywhere....

And then, if you have 500k THB to throw away, you might as well have over 10M THB to invest in the real stuff. The government bond goes at about 4% yield and gets you NON-IMM-B status right away without losing any dough anywhere....

Incorrect, investment may grant an extension of stay, but not a visa. There is no straight visa for investment of 10M Baht.

it show 2 million baht

Reading helps.

If I die before 20 years have past, I don't think I am overly worried about the investment being lost. Not to mention unlike the 5 year one, the 20 year one is transferrable (I believe I read that somewhere). If you have the money -- 20 years buys you the knowledge that it will not disappear during your 5 year stay. There also seems to be an addon in respect to property purchase - but not sure how that works. Since I don't have the money sitting around though, it is out of my budget at this point :P