Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

I pay THB 100k per year, or THB 8333 / month for it.

In the fineprint we need to add some interest to these figures, unless of course one can really pay annually or monthly.

In the fineprint we need to add some interest to these figures, unless of course one can really pay annually or monthly.

No, it has to be paid in a lump sum. I merely showed those numbers to put it into perspective.

• Like 2

What about spouse and immediate family?

I checked and as far as I can tell there are no rights for spouse nor immediate family on the THB 500k Easy Access card.

It is possible to get Family Membership cards for THB 1m + 10k per year and person if you have the Individual card (the one for THB 2m + 20k per year) but I somehow doubt that is the answer you were hoping for since that would add up to very large amounts (THB 5m + 50k/year for a couple with two kids).

Edited by Stanley78
  • Like 1

That's a lot of cash to stay in a country on the verge of political meltdown and possible civil war.

But as you said each to his own.

Sounds to me more like a general Thailand issue than a specific Elite card problem. smile.png

If that is main concern then it might be better to avoid getting any visa, cheap or expensive, and go somewhere else safer.

• Like 2

No, it has to be paid in a lump sum. I merely showed those numbers to put it into perspective.

Some might call this creative accounting.

In this case, why not taking two 500K's for 2 people, or a single 500K's and a dependant visa for the spouse?

What about spouse and immediate family?

I checked and as far as I can tell there are no rights for spouse nor immediate family on the THB 500k Easy Access card.

It is possible to get Family Membership cards for THB 1m + 10k per year and person if you have the Individual card (the one for THB 2m + 20k per year) but I somehow doubt that is the answer you were hoping for since that would add up to very large amounts (THB 5m + 50k/year for a couple with two kids).

Edited by Frank78

What is the annual loss on having THB 800k stuck in an account with low or no interest

Somewhere in between X to minus Y amount of baht of loss per year.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

And for this I'm really grateful.

Thanks.

////

I just wanted to let people know what exists in case anyone else would find it useful. The more information everyone has the better decisions they can make. Hopefully.

welcomeani.gifsignthaivisa.gif

Edited by Morakot

If past history is any judge of the future how can anyone still think that the people who provide this card, not matter which one of the two, will be around in 5 years

There have been many negatives about the program here at TV, because there are many negatives about the program, unless someone else is footing the bill

Just have been on their website, and no, you don't need to. Just have to exit once a year.

Just curious. So you get a 5 year visa for your 500K baht. Right? Do you still have to do 90 day border runs (as I currently do on a non-O) and/or 90 reporting to immigration?

If I got a 5 year visa and 5 year stay without 90 day border runs or reporting to immigration, I think it would be worth it.

I mentioned this option in the other thread a few days ago, but nobody seemed to take notice.

I investigated this for a female friend if mine. I believe the 90 day reporting still needs to take place but this is carried out by the Thai elite people for you and that it is quick and easy BUT still costs 1900 baht every 90 days.

However, it also eliminates the need to leave Thailand every year (or every 15 months) to another country to obtain another Non Immigrant O visa, therefore potentially saving airfare and other associated costs, visas, hotels, car hire or whatever.

If you looked at the interest lost, then deducted what would be saved by not having to travel abroad for visas the. the 5 year 500,000 baht thing starts to look very attractive and much cheaper than 8k baht per month (probably half of that).

THE BIG CATCH, is will the system still be operating next week, next year, or in 5 years time? When the Thai elite visa service shut down before, it's members weren't automatically reimburse for the part used portion of their membership, to gain that they would need to take legal action against, Thai elite and can you imagine how smoothly that would have progressed.

I would say that 6000 baths a year is nothing for a person that is able spend 500 000 to buy this =)

About the continuity thing, may be I am way too optimistic but I would tend to think that once a 5 years multiple entry visa is printed on your passport... well...

About the old thai elite system, I'm not sure that all the "x years visa" thing has been discontinued, for what I've read so far (but I still have a lot to learn and read about it) the legal actions was toward a lot of "privileges" that have been removed gradually. Like the possibility to buy land (through company) and marginal things compared to the multiple entries visa.

I mentioned this option in the other thread a few days ago, but nobody seemed to take notice.

I investigated this for a female friend if mine. I believe the 90 day reporting still needs to take place but this is carried out by the Thai elite people for you and that it is quick and easy BUT still costs 1900 baht every 90 days.

However, it also eliminates the need to leave Thailand every year (or every 15 months) to another country to obtain another Non Immigrant O visa, therefore potentially saving airfare and other associated costs, visas, hotels, car hire or whatever.

If you looked at the interest lost, then deducted what would be saved by not having to travel abroad for visas the. the 5 year 500,000 baht thing starts to look very attractive and much cheaper than 8k baht per month (probably half of that).

THE BIG CATCH, is will the system still be operating next week, next year, or in 5 years time? When the Thai elite visa service shut down before, it's members weren't automatically reimburse for the part used portion of their membership, to gain that they would need to take legal action against, Thai elite and can you imagine how smoothly that would have progressed.

Edited by Frank78

That's a lot of cash to stay in a country on the verge of political meltdown and possible civil war.

But as you said each to his own.

Seems like a bargain to me. Consider those on ED visas that are paying approx 4K a month for the priveledge of staying here and have all the hassles of reporting etc. Add in the airport transfers if you use them and it really is a steal...of course for those that aint the cash up front or prefer to bunce it on Chang and ciggies thats their choice.

• Like 2

If you desperately want to have such a visa and if you intend leaving often and can use the airport transfers and fast track passes (which you would generally get free if flying business class anyway) then I suppose this card is a fairly good deal compared to the few other options that are available for persons under 50 or not married to a Thai. Especially as these other options are apparently all being made less easy to implement. Quite a lot of "ifs" though.

Personally if I could no longer get my cheap retirement extension (with no obligatory exit requirement or other costs attached) then I think I would be more likely to just go and live in another country. Thailand doesn't offer much extra for me that's worth paying a 100K/year fee for.

• Like 2

I would be interested to read this letter, do you know where I can find it on the forum?

I would say that 6000 baths a year is nothing for a person that is able spend 500 000 to buy this =)

About the continuity thing, may be I am way too optimistic but I would tend to think that once a 5 years multiple entry visa is printed on your passport... well...

About the old thai elite system, I'm not sure that all the "x years visa" thing has been discontinued, for what I've read so far (but I still have a lot to learn and read about it) the legal actions was toward a lot of "privileges" that have been removed gradually. Like the possibility to buy land (through company) and marginal things compared to the multiple entries visa.

Hi Frank,

It's not that simple. It's not a 5 years visa.

They are yearly visa extensions and one must still ensure the reporting process is carried out, albeit the rumour I had is that the elite staff either arrange it and you pay the 1900 baht, 3 times per year, then at the 12 month mark a new EXTENSION to the visa is granted for another 12 months and so forth until the 5 years elapse.

I'm not against it, but in looked into it for a friend and it would be wise to consider everything before jumping, especially given the current political climate.

I think once you consider the sums, depending on where you live and where you travel to to get annual non immigrant visas the cost for this option might not amount to any more than 4-5k per month, which of course is chicken feed for so e, especially when it comes to convenience.

There's people on this forum that far outspend that on liquid ale and cigarettes.

The Thai elite visa service still operates now, however it did shut down the visa service for a short time, a few years ago. There's other topics on TVF about this, actually you can even read the letter they sent out to their members regarding this.

Anyway, it's DEFINATELY an option for the cashed up under 50ies crowd and probably a whole lot of others as well. At least there is something.