Best skin for Penny

JohnnyJazz

XBMC is a quite powerful program but can be confusing for non-geeks (with 2 "e"). Confluence is said to be the most complete "fully featured" as per wiki-XBMC but other skins as Transparency seem to be easier to handle for casual users.

I'm designing something for my family including a couple of 80 y.o. and a few kids under 10, what do you think is the best skin for them ?

Right now I'm usung hybrid which Is a jazzed up confluence skin. I had an issue with confluence where for some reason I would get the fan art for the movie and TV show but I woukd not get the episode synopsis.but using hybrid fixed that .

Edited by AJBangkok

CCM found on xbmc.org is one of the best as you can make any menu you like, i.e an under 10yrs old menu system, another for you and the wife, and make an over 80 year old menu (as I did for my folks both in their late 80's) It is up to you as you wish to configure it / customise it.

Some examples

post-63721-0-77699800-1411639614_thumb.p

post-63721-0-88561000-1411639632_thumb.p

post-63721-0-32746600-1411639657_thumb.p

post-63721-0-34680200-1411639710_thumb.p

Edited by joncl
  • Like 2

CCM found on xbmc.org is one of the best as you can make any menu you like, i.e an under 10yrs old menu system, another for you and the wife, and make an over 80 year old menu (as I did for my folks both in their late 80's) It is up to you as you wish to configure it / customise it.

Some examples

It looks good. I'll try that. Thanks

Right now I'm usung hybrid which Is a jazzed up confluence skin. I had an issue with confluence where for some reason I would get the fan art for the movie and TV show but I woukd not get the episode synopsis.but using hybrid fixed that .

I don't have this particular problem with confluence but I've installed XBMC on different machines and every time it behaves differently. Just now on an new computer I created a new directory "TV show" then I updated the library. It took more time than usual but I can see it finds every show. But then when I try to open the directory there is nothing inside.

The files are on a NAS, there are still there. It's not a problem of the format of the files' name. I really don't know what happened.