Koh Tao headman offers Bt1m cash if evidence proves his family implicated in the tourist murder

webfact

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This monetary offer is quite bizzare. It sounds like Mr Woraphan is putting out to the English families of the victims a "Blood money" proposal to make the investigation disappear.

While his family might not be the killers, for sure Mr Woraphan knows who is.

Edited by Time Traveller

Everyone on TV blew a gasket when the one local Police Captain said a Thai could not have committed this crime yet from the start near every TV farang has acted out of an equal presumption that the crime could never have been committed by a fellow farang.

That, folks, is called irony. Or is it hypocrisy?

If evidence points to a farang, so be it. It matters not where the person(s) come from, only that this person is in fact the real perpetrator.

They have tested all the foreigners they think might have been involved, and they have come up clean. I don't recall an instance of the police ever covering up for or trying to protect a farang. If they had a DNA match to a foreigner, that foreigner would be in jail and the police would be enjoying photo shoots and pointing fingers all their way to the front page.

Last but not least.... it is the police themselves who have said the DNA comes from an 'asian' person. So that pretty much rules out any and all farang. So yeah, it's a pretty safe 'presumption' to make.

So I am terribly sorry, when the evidence is considered, there is neither any irony nor any hypocrisy involved here.

fact is, if there was strong evidence that it was a farang then the culprit would have been caught already and case closed, with great many photo op's

based on a lot news reports the BiB can be very efficient at investigating a case and convicting someone for a crime when it suits their's or some elses agenda

From day 1, I believe they decided what the outcome of this case was going to be, and have been trying to "fit facts" to prove this

• Like 1

webfact, on 16 Sept 2014 - 08:55, said:snapback.png

CRIME

Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

630x317x30243363-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....itish-tourists/

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

Is this villiage headman with the gloves on at the crime also ?

Hard to tell with the grainy imagery, look at the hairline though, the contour of it and shape.

Are you suggesting that is Worapan ? if so wrong, and typical of the incorrect detective work by armchair TV pundits.

The guy who you have singled out in the pictures wearing gloves is Dr Chasit, who has been on the island for years treating locals and tourists alike from his practice in Sairee village.

What would a Family General Practioner doctor be doing there ?

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Meanwhile, Provincial Police Region 8 superintendent Pol. Lieu. Gen. Panya Mamen believes that there were three suspects involved in the case. No DNA tests from the 160 suspects matched the one found on Ms. Witheridge’s body.

Well the village headman has a brother and a son - don't you think that absolute proof of no wrong-doing would be DNA evidence, but no-one in the police has confirmed that is the actuality. And for those who protest it's an infringement of their rights, this is a homicide investigation, not a party.

Would be interesting if a independent investigator from outside Thailand could come in to do a investigation. There is over 700,000 baht on offer to someone who can find the killer.

Added to that if one of the family members was guilty there would be an additional 1,000,000 Baht.

Your seriously think an independent investigator is going to risk his life for 35000 quid?

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that is Worapan ? if so wrong, and typical of the incorrect detective work by armchair TV pundits.

The guy who you have singled out in the pictures wearing gloves is Dr Chasit, who has been on the island for years treating locals and tourists alike from his practice in Sairee village.

What would a Family General Practioner doctor be doing there ?

Taking care of business?rolleyes.gif

Everyone on TV blew a gasket when the one local Police Captain said a Thai could not have committed this crime yet from the start near every TV farang has acted out of an equal presumption that the crime could never have been committed by a fellow farang.

If evidence points to a farang, so be it. It matters not where the person(s) come from, only that this person is in fact the real perpetrator.

They have tested all the foreigners they think might have been involved, and they have come up clean. I don't recall an instance of the police ever covering up for or trying to protect a farang. If they had a DNA match to a foreigner, that foreigner would be in jail and the police would be enjoying photo shoots and pointing fingers all their way to the front page.

Last but not least.... it is the police themselves who have said the DNA comes from an 'asian' person. So that pretty much rules out any and all farang. So yeah, it's a pretty safe 'presumption' to make.

So I am terribly sorry, when the evidence is considered, there is neither any irony nor any hypocrisy involved here.

You seem to be oblivious to the timeline between the murders and the results of the DNA indicating Asian descent.

Meanwhile, Provincial Police Region 8 superintendent Pol. Lieu. Gen. Panya Mamen believes that there were three suspects involved in the case. No DNA tests from the 160 suspects matched the one found on Ms. Witheridges body.

Well the village headman has a brother and a son - don't you think that absolute proof of no wrong-doing would be DNA evidence, but no-one in the police has confirmed that is the actuality. And for those who protest it's an infringement of their rights, this is a homicide investigation, not a party.

Sorry but I do not support granting unlimited police powers to anyone...surprising that so many TV posters that hate the police are so excited to give those very police they constantly accuse of abusive power carte blanche for even more.

And village headman has a salary of what ? perhaps Bt30k a month, yet this guy summons up Bt1m form petty cash ?

30k a month? What ! Are you pi$$ed ? He probably owns half the island.

agree, why do people think village headman has to be a poor lad. Anyone rich or poor can be village headman. Phuyai Ban is just a title, they are not paid by the government. Just like why do some folks think rich politicians are only rich because they plunder the tax payers money, most politicians are rich to begin with, and many are just richer after being elected.

You seem to be oblivious to the timeline between the murders and the results of the DNA indicating Asian descent.

Not at all.

But perhaps your post belongs in a time before the release of that DNA information, and not now.

What's the point of posting it now when we all know it's an Asian who did it?

And village headman has a salary of what ? perhaps Bt30k a month, yet this guy summons up Bt1m form petty cash ?

30k a month? What ! Are you pi$$ed ? He probably owns half the island.

agree, why do people think village headman has to be a poor lad. Anyone rich or poor can be village headman. Phuyai Ban is just a title, they are not paid by the government. Just like why do some folks think rich politicians are only rich because they plunder the tax payers money, most politicians are rich to begin with, and many are just richer after being elected.

Headmen do actually get a stipend. Of course they are often corrupt to the core but there is a designated income for the job - we have one in our family.

What we should think about is that the headman is a very wealthy man , so he could have offered 10 million baht to some local police chiefs or his hi so contacts in Bangkok to cover up the whole thing .

Then to claim the innocence of his family he goes to the media and offer 1 million baht to the police that he already bribed. Makes sense to me.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I see the BIB now consider 3 suspects and some may have left the island !

Well it's only been well over a week since the crime was discovered and of course suspects wouldn't hang around unless of course they were very stupid or very confident and where have the new 3 suspects been conjured up from ?

As for The Family Guy maybe Revenue Dept should be having a look at him, his accounts and tax returns. C'mon I only said Maybe.

Include Sean Mc Anna in that,no dna on the sperm,doesnt mean he wasnt weilding a hoe.That blood on him needs further explanation.

are your really that naive ?

Irony seems to have passed you by. Are you American smile.png

not even close dear boy....but seeing as we are on the topic irony seems to have passed you by as well...wink.png

maybe a subject for discussion in your class tomorrow..?

• Like 1

What we should think about is that the headman is a very wealthy man , so he could have offered 10 million baht to some local police chiefs or his hi so contacts in Bangkok to cover up the whole thing .

Then to claim the innocence of his family he goes to the media and offer 1 million baht to the police that he already bribed. Makes sense to me.

Does anyone know the definition of "convoluted"?

The offer was made because he is confident in his family members innocence and has made a dare to all the people throwing disparaging remarks about his family.

• Like 1

I think it's strange how one morning they are saying that Thailand didn't have the technology to be able to do thorough DNA testing to the point of establishing the race of the person/people. Then when the FBI were going to look at it, that same afternoon, they all of a sudden they had done the test and established it was of Asian decent. What a miracle, that they could get this technology so quick, or was it that they didn't want the FBI involved because they would uncover a lot more than what was wanted here. I say bring in the FBI and let them take care of the investigation.

Meanwhile, Provincial Police Region 8 superintendent Pol. Lieu. Gen. Panya Mamen believes that there were three suspects involved in the case. No DNA tests from the 160 suspects matched the one found on Ms. Witheridges body.

Sorry but I do not support granting unlimited police powers to anyone...surprising that so many TV posters that hate the police are so excited to give those very police they constantly accuse of abusive power carte blanche for even more.

It's not unlimited, in fact the opposite. These 3 men are local suspects, and I would have thought you would want to see the perps brought to justice - or eliminated. I believe at least one of them was involved - all the 'evidence' indicates that they know more than they are willing to divulge. For example, the offer of a million bucks shows their power, and is a clear message to others not to cross them - or else. As I said before, CC, this is homicide, not a civil liberties case.

I think it's strange how one morning they are saying that Thailand didn't have the technology to be able to do thorough DNA testing to the point of establishing the race of the person/people. Then when the FBI were going to look at it, that same afternoon, they all of a sudden they had done the test and established it was of Asian decent. What a miracle, that they could get this technology so quick, or was it that they didn't want the FBI involved because they would uncover a lot more than what was wanted here. I say bring in the FBI and let them take care of the investigation.

Miss Witheridge's body has been returned to the UK & the UK authorities will be conducting tests of their own. They are at least as capable as the FBI. I'm amazed that Britain hasn't sent investigators over here to help with the hunt tbh.

Poor show UK.

Edited by ScubaPhuket
  • Like 1

webfact, on 16 Sept 2014 - 08:55, said:snapback.png

CRIME

Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

630x317x30243363-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....itish-tourists/

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

Is this villiage headman with the gloves on at the crime also ?

Hard to tell with the grainy imagery, look at the hairline though, the contour of it and shape.

And why is there a bandage on his left hand? Recent wounds from beating somebodies face in?