Koh Tao headman offers Bt1m cash if evidence proves his family implicated in the tourist murder

webfact

ALL of us have a right to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. Mr. Warot and Mr. Woraphan also are as human as the dead Britishers and we should allow then to enjoy basic human rights.

So Mon and the son are not equal to the other 120 people who were tested ? They have more rights even if they are involved in too many different ways ??? The other 120 did not need tested only these two ... And they are the ones not tested ? Something really stinks on that island and it is not fish....

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry for not being able to wade through the bickering to find this information, but I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me.

1. The owner of the AC Bar and other relatives of the person in Bangkok who has just been cleared refused to provide DNA for testing, correct?

2. The one in Bangkok has been cleared because there were witnesses placing him in Bangkok at the time, correct?
3. There's been no mention of the guy in Bangkok or any of his relatives having given any DNA for testing yet, correct?

So, basically, they have only one bit of unimpeachable evidence, that being the DNA found on the poor girl's body. They've managed to contaminate the rest or it is of dubious value (blurry pics on a security cam, planted evidence by the local police, hearsay). So they've basically DNA tested everyone EXCEPT the prime suspects in the case who happen to be local influential figures. And despite not doing so, they've now declared them innocent. Have I got this scenario correct?

As far as I know, the police have not confirmed that they took any DNA tests from this family, or if they did, they have not confirmed whether the results eliminated them or not. And my previous posts, along with others, keep pointing to this blatant 'omission'. I think everyone on this forum should demand the truth.

Thanks, that's what I thought. In which case, this is well on its way towards being a stitch-up. Yep, things sure have changed!

He's clearly already paid much more than that to make sure that nothing leads to his door.

If anyone thinks for a moment that DNA samples are going to crack this case, then they don't know Thailand.

Now if it was the British police conducting the forensic testing, I would have confidence, but who even knows if the sample were actually the ones from the victims?

This is Thailand. The cover ups started last Monday, there is no way the killers will be brought to justice if they are related to this man or any other with money and power over justice.

ALL of us have a right to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. Mr. Warot and Mr. Woraphan also are as human as the dead Britishers and we should allow then to enjoy basic human rights.

So Mon and the son are not equal to the other 120 people who were tested ? They have more rights even if they are involved in too many different ways ??? The other 120 did not need tested only these two ... And they are the ones not tested ? Something really stinks on that island and it is not fish....

So who is conducting the DNA tests exactly? A solitary police lab technician? How can we be sure that if the police say there isn't a match that this is really the case?

If the person(s) providing/publishing the results has been corrupted, we'll never see the real perps brought to justice.

It's almost as if the police rounded up this guy's family in a response to public pressure just so they could say they didn't do it.

"Sorry Mr. headman, we have to pretend we are investigating you thoroughly because everyone is watching. Don't worry though, we'll say the DNA doesn't match and then it'll be over and you can get on with your lives."

Now thats about as twisted of logic as you can get.

At first everybody here at TV is angry that the powerful members of society are above the law.

Then the police disprove you by investigating and publicly fingering a member of an influential family.

And now all you can say when your accusations have been proven wrong is that it was an elaborate police scheme of reverse psychology.

Pretty funny.

Why do all these farangs on TV think they should be the puppet masters of the Thai Police or the Thai General or of Thai Society?

Why do so many TV members think it perfectly reasonable to make demands that Thai Police test everyones DNA in a huge dragnet when they would complain like the dickens if it were ever attempted by the Police in their own Western European countries?

Yes, it is very twisted, and I would love to be wrong. The police have claimed on at least 2 occasions that arrests are imminent and that case will be solved. Yet here we are. I am a strong advocate of the police just shutting up and doing their job, but they don't. They blab non stop to the media and then cry fowl when their claims and accusations fall short.

How many times have we read in the papers that this group or another is going to be targeted, clamped down on, or raided? All this does is give notice to those involved time to clean up their act and hide the evidence. Then it's back to business as usual.

This case is different however. This time the international community is watching, and they expect results. We've also had the Scottish fellow posting photos online and making claims about local mafias. The police couldn't ignore it as they usually do, they have had to respond.

So with much fanfare they DNA test and interview this influential family, which for some reason they failed to do before, all equal under the law and all that, and then release them.

We are not pretty much back to square one with no arrests and one 'suspect' who is hiding/studying in Bangkok. The whole thing stinks.

So we have to ask, what do we know?

We know that influential figures in Thailand have in the past and still do literally get away with murder (and a litany of other crimes).

We know that the murdered couple were drinking at establishments owned/run by local influential figures.

We have seen photos of one of these influential figures supposedly harassing the female victim.

We have seen several photos of one of the figures on CTV running away from the crime scene, with police on the crime scene, and again online thanks to 'terrified' Scotsman.

We know that influential figures know and feel they are above the law, and it's safe to assume this lack of fear of repercussions will make them more likely to do things that your average person wouldn't.

So really, as improbable as my theorising might seem, it is not impossible.

If I was a real conspiracy theorist, I might put forward the notion that the reason the police are taking DNA from every migrant worker on the island, is so that if something like this happens again, they'll be able to conveniently smear it around at the scene of the crime. Of course maybe they're just doing it to make any would be migrant murderers think twice before swinging the hoe.

Really? Where? If there are any such photos I don't think it's made it out to the main media and it certainly should.

• Like 1

I wish it was like that in Thailand too.

This is a homicide investigation. These two are suspects. DNA would prove one way or the other. What's so bl**dy difficult to accept?

I wasn't only referring to this incident alone, i mean generally i wish it would be like that in Thailand.

Is that his brother reaching for a gun to the right of him?

I wondered that too, but I think the object going forward from his hand is too long to be the top of a gun. I think he has his thumb hooked in his belt.

x.jpg

Hmmm, the angle of his shoulder to arm and arm to forearm, seem to show an ongoing action, not a resting position; and the position of his thumb, index, and three other right hand fingers, could well be for repositioning 'some object' kept inside his jeans; the bulge behind and above his right back pocket is consistant with the shape and size of a 'compact' automatic pistol too... Not sure of it, but suspect it seriously, very well observed from 'Neversure'! Don't worry, nobody will investigate about that, the gun would be an illegal one (held without a licence), and, of course, no authorisation to carry... Seen it so many, many times, it's like a penis extension for most macho-Thais, and such 'island folks' the more so! Question is: what can they be afraid of on their own 'turf', so why 'carry a piece' if it's not with offensive intentions...? And here, summum summorum, when there are more cops on Tao than residents on the island, why 'take the risk', when you'd not be sure the police will not do anything about it, because be well assured that the BiB will have noticed this much easier than 'Neversure' has, but TiT!

or of course he could just be scratching his arse

Another member of TV's CSI elite video analysis unit...rolleyes.gif

why you wasting your time on TV, the CIA needs your skills right now to select targets from Iraqi satellite photos

please get some help...

True, I didn't work for a CSI or the CIA, but there are other 'houses' and different 'jobs', so think what you want, anyway I'm retired now, but have not gone blind yet, and I'd give an 80/20 on what I see here and based on 'local experience'...

• Like 1

He's clearly already paid much more than that to make sure that nothing leads to his door.

If anyone thinks for a moment that DNA samples are going to crack this case, then they don't know Thailand.

Now if it was the British police conducting the forensic testing, I would have confidence, but who even knows if the sample were actually the ones from the victims?

This is Thailand. The cover ups started last Monday, there is no way the killers will be brought to justice if they are related to this man or any other with money and power over justice.

I wish it was like that in Thailand too.

This is a homicide investigation. These two are suspects. DNA would prove one way or the other. What's so bl**dy difficult to accept?

The father is a suspect? Please elaborate on how he is a suspect.

As for the son at Uni, the police can interview classmates and review CCTV that places him in BKK at the time of the crime to clear him. If they cannot corroborate his alibi then a DNA test would be warranted.

So who is conducting the DNA tests exactly? A solitary police lab technician? How can we be sure that if the police say there isn't a match that this is really the case?

If the person(s) providing/publishing the results has been corrupted, we'll never see the real perps brought to justice.

It's almost as if the police rounded up this guy's family in a response to public pressure just so they could say they didn't do it.

"Sorry Mr. headman, we have to pretend we are investigating you thoroughly because everyone is watching. Don't worry though, we'll say the DNA doesn't match and then it'll be over and you can get on with your lives."

At first everybody here at TV is angry that the powerful members of society are above the law.

Then the police disprove you by investigating and publicly fingering a member of an influential family.

And now all you can say when your accusations have been proven wrong is that it was an elaborate police scheme of reverse psychology.

Pretty funny.

Why do all these farangs on TV think they should be the puppet masters of the Thai Police or the Thai General or of Thai Society?

Why do so many TV members think it perfectly reasonable to make demands that Thai Police test everyones DNA in a huge dragnet when they would complain like the dickens if it were ever attempted by the Police in their own Western European countries?

Yes, it is very twisted, and I would love to be wrong. The police have claimed on at least 2 occasions that arrests are imminent and that case will be solved. Yet here we are. I am a strong advocate of the police just shutting up and doing their job, but they don't. They blab non stop to the media and then cry fowl when their claims and accusations fall short.

How many times have we read in the papers that this group or another is going to be targeted, clamped down on, or raided? All this does is give notice to those involved time to clean up their act and hide the evidence. Then it's back to business as usual.

This case is different however. This time the international community is watching, and they expect results. We've also had the Scottish fellow posting photos online and making claims about local mafias. The police couldn't ignore it as they usually do, they have had to respond.

So with much fanfare they DNA test and interview this influential family, which for some reason they failed to do before, all equal under the law and all that, and then release them.

We are not pretty much back to square one with no arrests and one 'suspect' who is hiding/studying in Bangkok. The whole thing stinks.

We know that influential figures in Thailand have in the past and still do literally get away with murder (and a litany of other crimes).

We know that the murdered couple were drinking at establishments owned/run by local influential figures.

We have seen photos of one of these influential figures supposedly harassing the female victim.

We have seen several photos of one of the figures on CTV running away from the crime scene, with police on the crime scene, and again online thanks to 'terrified' Scotsman.

We know that influential figures know and feel they are above the law, and it's safe to assume this lack of fear of repercussions will make them more likely to do things that your average person wouldn't.

If I was a real conspiracy theorist, I might put forward the notion that the reason the police are taking DNA from every migrant worker on the island, is so that if something like this happens again, they'll be able to conveniently smear it around at the scene of the crime. Of course maybe they're just doing it to make any would be migrant murderers think twice before swinging the hoe.

Really? Where? If there are any such photos I don't think it's made it out to the main media and it certainly should.

I'm not sure I understand this right...

is he going to give the 1mb to the police if they found out he is not guilty... right...? :/

No,No,No............It's the other way round - I think.

I'm so bl..dy confused now I don't know why I am reading these threads anymore.

• Like 1

This tale becomes more twisted by the hour. All bets off eh?

All bets off? I doubt it, i guess that the biggest of em all still stands ;-)

You nailed it... someone has gone all in... someone is bluffing. The supreme commander has to call. But what lies further down the track if he does? I think it would be prudent to take note of Koh Tao's latitude, and its "southerness" and then join a few dots.

I am genuinely well and truly pissed off with this entire situation. After nearly 2 weeks of reading through all kinds of total garbage, seeing totally shambolic scenes on the part of the Thai authorities and hearing inhumane and insane remarks, I am utterly out of energy and frustrated. I didn't even know these people so I can only imagine what the families are going through.

2 weeks later and we are literally back to square one after hopping around like headless chickens across 100 squares already. The one thing that has really got my goat is the crime scene, how it was 'sectioned off' and how it was handled. It begs belief, clowns are running this circus show and I am afraid no real justice is going to materialize here, which is a tragic conclusion to a never ending tragedy. I feel like getting a gun and going there myself and interrogating a few locals myself. bah.gif

• Like 2

I'm not sure I understand this right...

is he going to give the 1mb to the police if they found out he is not guilty... right...? :/

No,No,No............It's the other way round - I think.

I'm so bl..dy confused now I don't know why I am reading these threads anymore.

Yes, it's the other way around. He will give police 1 million baht if one of the relatives are involved in the murder. Trying to remove the bad image the media have brought upon him and his family. However, for me it seem very strange in many ways that he would do it like this, but i guess it's his way to try to appear convinced that his family has nothing to do with it.

But as many stated, if he is so rich and convinced, why wouldn't he add that million to the reward instead to urge someone to step forward, because that could help clear his name.

• Like 1

So he has been cleared based on an interview only? Really? All DNA testing should be done again, by Army doctors and all the samples protected by soldiers and sent to singapore for testing. You can't trust the police in this case. The conduct of the police in this case has been horrifying. I didn't think they could stoop this low.

• Like 1

Pretty funny.

Please.......the photos have been in the main media for ages. You must be new to this case. Go back and look.

I am genuinely well and truly pissed off with this entire situation. After nearly 2 weeks of reading through all kinds of total garbage, seeing totally shambolic scenes on the part of the Thai authorities and hearing inhumane and insane remarks, I am utterly out of energy and frustrated. I didn't even know these people so I can only imagine what the families are going through.

2 weeks later and we are literally back to square one after hopping around like headless chickens across 100 squares already. The one thing that has really got my goat is the crime scene, how it was 'sectioned off' and how it was handled. It begs belief, clowns are running this circus show and I am afraid no real justice is going to materialize here, which is a tragic conclusion to a never ending tragedy. I feel like getting a gun and going there myself and interrogating a few locals myself. bah.gif

I have to agree. I'm no ex-cop or Thai basher but..a couple of days ago two people in the UK were hit by a train. The whole area was sealed off, rail line closed for 6 hours or more, and forensic teams in white coveralls moving about collecting evidence.

To a layman - like me - the difference between the two scenario's is horrific.

After the Police looking for his son for 2 days in BK, its shows up and was clear of suspictions.....It is sad...but now I really believe that the murderers are out the country or dead somewhere....Case close.

Edited by umbanda