Englands International Football problem

NiwPix

I just heard the press conference of Borussia Dortmund with the coach Juergen Klopp that made me think.

Dortmund tied 2:2 against Stuttgart and he was overall very happy with the performance ( considering the many injuries ). He mentioned how the players are pushed to their limits and at times even past their limits and causes a lot of "wear and tear" on them. Having a game every 3-4 days is just too much on this kind of level. Then he said to look over at England. They have the League and several cups to play in throughout the season in addition to the champions league and Uefa Cup. When was the last time the English Squad won something?

So, that made me think back...England hasn't won anything in a while, but are almost always rated as favorites to win a title and they usually pass the group stage and in the knockout stage is when it gets to the luck of the draw.

Are the English players maybe just too exhausted to perform after their long season? Would reducing the amount of games improve the quality of the game?

From memory:

Spain: League ( 20 teams ), copa del rey, CL/UC....just the past years successful and currently in a "recession"

Italy: League ( 20 teams ), coppa italia, CL/UC....Usually make it far in tournaments and respectable opponent

Germany: League ( 18 teams ), German cup. CL/UC...most tournaments at least to the semi finals and always a favorite to win a title

England: League ( 20 teams ), FA Cup, CL/UC + League Cup + ( did I miss another cup? )....considered favorites in tournaments but never really deliver.

Thoughts?

We are just not good enough, l really feel for the players must be really hard having to play twice a week.

No hard is laying bricks for 8 hours a day week in week out

stick <deleted>, like klop in a factory for 6 mnths as part of their apprenticeship and then let them bleet

the bottom line is England is an fa issue so the prem doesnt give a flying fuc about international football

thanks to dyke the fat bald <deleted> !!!!

• Like 1

A BBC study published in October found that English footballers accounted for just 32 percent of the minutes played in the Premier League, compared to 59 percent for home-grown players in the Spanish Liga and 50 percent for home-grown players in Germany's Bundesliga.

We are just not good enough, l really feel for the players must be really hard having to play twice a week.

stick <deleted>, like klop in a factory for 6 mnths as part of their apprenticeship and then let them bleet

the bottom line is England is an fa issue so the prem doesnt give a flying fuc about international football

I know only been doing it for 40 years, and in my football days used to work 5 or 6 days a week, train for football tueday and thursday play indoor soccer on mondays and play a match on sundays, no wonder my body aches so much now.

• Like 1

I don't think England have been rated as favourites for anything since they hosted the Euros in 2006. I think it's more just a decline in the quality of young players coming through. Who could you really say was world class right now in the England team- someone who'd walk into any other first eleven. Can't really think of any.

I don't think England have been rated as favourites for anything since they hosted the Euros in 2006. I think it's more just a decline in the quality of young players coming through. Who could you really say was world class right now in the England team- someone who'd walk into any other first eleven. Can't really think of any.

Not surprised they were favourites, what with everyone else playing in the world cup in Germany and all.....

Like it or not the nearest we've got is Rooney.. but I reckon there's a good wave of yoof coming thru but trouble is the prem dont give afuc whether their english or not.

Not surprised they were favourites, what with everyone else playing in the world cup in Germany and all.....

ha ha, dammit... my brain went for a walk. I meant 1996. ;)

premier league doesn't care about the england team, it only cares about continuing to feather its own nest and how many people around the world are 'consuming' its 'product', as scudamore likes to put it.

FA doesn't care about the england team because it continues to appoint incapable people to senior jobs. dyke is a self-serving, arse-covering moron. hodgson is so laughable it's untrue. the FA is more bothered about how it is going to pay off the new wembley debt than the england team actually being any good.

• Like 2