Taxi Swampy-Dmk how long? how much?

mja1906

I'll be arriving from London at Swampy, approx 6pm on a Monday. I have an Air Asia flight departing DMK at 9pm to Chiang mai. Is this going to be enough time for me to get from Swampy -Dmk. Where is best to get a taxi? what kind? Approx how much will it cost? Thanks

There is a free shuttle bus departing every 40 minutes arrivals floor gate 3, will take aprox 1 hour. But you must add time to disembark, immigration and pick-up luggage, might take up to 1 hour. Thus 3h between landing BKK and departing DMK is somewhat risky. You really need 4h to be on the safe side.

A taxi will cost you around 400/500B on the meter, don't forget tollway money, 105B now?

Driving time minimum 30 minutes.

• Like 1

As time will be tight, and I'm travelling in rush hour, think I will pay more and get a taxi, cos these must be faster than the shuttle bus. What is the taxi system in the international arrivals floor? Where and how is the best place to get one?

Taxi stand arivals level, follow sign.

Need to tell destination to employee at desk, he will hand over form with driver # and tel # for complaints.

You need to pay toll at 2 booths (good to have small bills) and add 50 baht to meter + small tip welcome.

Hope for a short line at taxi stand.

Some people go up to departure level to avoid queu and save the 50 baht fee, airport authorithies put a barrier to avoid people doing so.

I always go to the taxi stand, guarantees a recent car (drivers must be registred with airport)