Background check including previous marriages. Where can I do it in BKK?

AlexDorneles

Ronald Reagan wisely stated "We will trust but verify". I think that is smart in all aspects of life. I would never enter into any business deal with out doing some back ground checks and that especially includes marriage.

And especially here in the realm...

• Like 1

Well I see many people are prepared to offer advice on what to do. However nobody, but one has offered any advice on where he can find a Private Dick to dig into her history and find if she is in fact single and with or without dependents. Most Thai ladies think one boyfriend isn't enough.

These Thai ladies are very attractive, that's why, most of us Farang's have traveled half way around the world to be with them. We don't really want to believe our dearest and sweetest Tiirak could be telling a load of half truth's. When something feels that warm and silky next to you, when you wake up in the morning, its very easy to let the little head do all the thinking. A lot better than that lump of lard, you have woken up with, for the last 20+ years. LOL.

Tell her you need prove and tell her if she wants you then she has to go with your to all the check points to make the confirmations or not. If she cries foul then tell her it is game over and let her watch you walk away.

As long as you submit to the same scrutiny.

Tell her you need prove and tell her if she wants you then she has to go with your to all the check points to make the confirmations or not. If she cries foul then tell her it is game over and let her watch you walk away.

As long as you submit to the same scrutiny.

And that reason would be??? If your referring to myself???? I do not have these issues!!! Happily married 5 years to my Thai Princess ( New Cdn Citizen) and I'm a retired aviation lawyer who did my due diligence not only with her but with her family as well. Criminal record checks for all ...party. Police and monks in attendance.

Try the Amphur if she will let you

I know a guy, had a local solicitor do a check on his darling at the local Amphur,

It turned out the err, lady had a foreign husband .

Not exspensive , imo money well spent , and should be a essential requirement.

Tit wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

As someone else has suggested here, quite a few digs and jibes but very little in the way of supporting advice.

For the OP, my guidance would be as follows... the law changed here in Thailand about five years (?) ago and now even if a lady has been married - or indeed still is! - she can use 'Miss' instead of 'Mrs' on her ID card. Nothing new there of course, that has been the case elsewhere (e.g. the UK) for decades. However - and here I do speak from personal experience - it can be hard to get proof even when in Thailand to track whether a lady (or for that matter a guy) has legally married in Thailand. I got caught by someone who claimed to be unmarried but she'd changed her name in Thailand three times - OK, again, that is legal and seemingly not uncommon - and the records didn't quite match up at Bang Rak (the amphur where we went). Turned out she'd had a Thai husband several years before. That should have warned me off...

...but the clincher you can't resolve is if she has married overseas. I ended up applying for a visa for said lady above and was somewhat surprised when it was rejected on the grounds that she was already married to a Kiwi in the UK! As the UK marriage was never registered back here in Thailand there was of course no record of it on her file on the computer system. It took me some effort to track the marriage down in the UK and two years to find the Kiwi gentleman concerned... and I strongly suspect there may be others (perhaps the US) but obviously at that point time to hit the road.

Summary - and apologies if I overshared biggrin.png - is that there is no effective way of ensuring that the person concerned doesn't have an unregistered overseas marriage and we haven't even touched upon the subject of the tengan, or village ceremony, that seems to be standard in much of Eastern Thailand. Best you can do is check passport details for the former but as others have said, if you have concerns then you need to lay them out straight and the odds unfortunately are not in y(our) favour.

Hope this helps.

Maybe he is just thinking with his big head instead of his little head and doing his due diligence.

There are a lot of women that can be very convincing because they actually believe their own lies.

And some girls switch IDs quite easily.