12 year-old scammer or just a clown?

Chiengmaijoe

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just found out he is a homeless kid. He sleeps on the streets, usually around Thapae Gate, give or take a block. I've seen him sleeping three times now in various places, no blanket or anything. He just lays down on the sidewalk and goes to sleep.

This morning however I saw something disturbing. I noticed him as I was driving by and I was going too fast to stop, so I looped around. As I came back around, he was up and he literally threw his bike into the road, so I stopped to watch. He then walked out, stomped on it, kicked it, then went back down on the sidewalk and went back to sleep. It was right next to the telephone booths just a little past the gate on the left hand side where the ladyboys often hang out in the AM. I pulled up and called to him, but he was out cold. I picked up his bike, leaned it against the booth, tried to call him again to wake him up but he was out. I drove back to the gate to talk to one of the police there, he was totally not interested so I didn't waste much time and left. This was all around 5am, give or take a bit.

I'm not sure who to call to help him, but someone needs to. The Thais don't care. The first night I saw him sleeping was at the entrance of Loh Kroy where all the tuk-tuk drivers could see him as they waited for customers from that late closing bar in the back alley. So it is obviously common knowledge he is out there on the streets and no one wants to help him. I haven't a clue who to call, but if someone here does, it may be worth it.

I will admit, at first I thought he was a punk kid and I even posted that I hated him. I do take that back. When I saw him on the street for the first time it broke my heart, so I am eating my words. But he is a handful, and one heck of a sleep walker / bike thrower.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is deeply disturbing. I have no means to help and have no idea who to turn to. It sounds cruel to say he is a lost cause. I hope someone knows who to contact to see that this young guy is given a supportive home.