Accomodation with reliable Internet (for Skype-calling)?

zone300

Hello guys,

I am looking to relocate to Chiang Mai for around six months to begin with.

My goal is to find a place with reliable Internet where I can sit and work all day long for a while and Chiang Mai seems like the best bet, although I'm open to suggestions if anyone has alternatives. It seems though, that it should be easier to find reliable Internet there than for instance in Bangkok.

I am not dependent on super-fast Internet (it would be nice of course), but I do coaching worldwide over Skype (just via sound is fine, don't need video) so the Internet needs to be good enough for that, and also as reliable as possible of course.

Do anyone of you here have any direct experience of accommodations which actually has Internet that matches this requirement?

Basically I'm looking for a small studio/apartment where I can sit and work from home all day long. Don't need much, I'll work from my bed if I have to if only the Internet is good enough (although a desk or good couch would be nice). I'll upgrade the location and space when I'm making more money. I would love to find a place that cost max 6-7k/mo. But, when that being said, I am also willing to spend upwards of 15k-20k/mo if that's what it takes to get the good enough Internet connection.

Thanks in advance for advise and help!

// Chris

Overall, internet in Chiang Mai is very good.

Stay inside or near the Old City. Internet is very stable and fast. Local speed of up to 200Mbs and International speeds of 10Mbs.

There are places outside that area but its tough to find which ones are good.

Airbnb.com is a good start for finding one.

Overall, internet in Chiang Mai is very good.

Stay inside or near the Old City. Internet is very stable and fast. Local speed of up to 200Mbs and International speeds of 10Mbs.

There are places outside that area but its tough to find which ones are good.

Airbnb.com is a good start for finding one.

Thanks for the feedback.

That sounds great if that's the case. As I'm reading reviews from people staying at condo's also inside the Old City though, there seems to be a lot of people complaining about slow and unreliable Internet all over the place.

So I was hoping to find something concrete, for instance someone who have stayed at "this" exact location and the Internet there was great during their stay.

It seems to be a bit of a gamble otherwise.

People say that you can sign up for personal internet as well, but that also seems to be a bit of a gamble regarding which company can deliver to your location and I see people writing that it might take weeks to get it set up.

But again, thanks for your input, if what you say is really the case that would be fantastic.

// Chris

CMSteve is correct. Internet service in CM is quite good.

And, as you are apparently somewhat new to this board, you'll soon find out that the members of this particular board complain about (insert topic here) incessantly.

Regarding installation time - I have 3BB internet. I went to the office to sign up on Monday, had it up and running in the condo on Wednesday.

CMSteve is correct. Internet service in CM is quite good.

And, as you are apparently somewhat new to this board, you'll soon find out that the members of this particular board complain about (insert topic here) incessantly.

Regarding installation time - I have 3BB internet. I went to the office to sign up on Monday, had it up and running in the condo on Wednesday.

Haha, yeah, I'm not usually someone who spends a lot of time on these kinds of forums for that exact reason. Life's too short to sit around and complain. Forums are great for connecting and getting help just like this, though, so I highly appreciate you being here sifting through the useless stuff. smile.png

But this 3BB-solution sounds great, I had someone else sending me a PM about it as well. If I could sign up for a personal line at 10Mbps which was reliable, that would be fantastic.

Any tips on how I could locate a condo where they can actually deliver? Besides walking around and asking of course, which I am perfectly fine with doing.

You're not by any chance living in a good apartment building which I then know has this option available?

Again, thanks for your input, I wish you a great weekend.

Cheers,

Chris

Some nice Condo available from Coocase bike rental shop maybe worth to check it out......can send PM directly to their facebook fan page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1457001151221827.1073741832.1420806904841252&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1457008997887709.1073741833.1420806904841252&type=3

Internet is not an issue as long is 6 months or more, can apply 3BB internet although Condo management do provide free common wifi.

If you are going to be spending a lot of time in your condo why not go for something a little more comfortable yet still affordable? If internet is not already available then a connection that meets your requirements can be installed fairly easily in most buildings.

We have over 500 condos for rent from 4,900 baht per month listed here http://asiapropertyworld.com/thai-properties/condo-apartment-for-rent-chiang-mai A lot of the prices shown are for a 12 month contract so expect to pay a bit more for a 6 month stay. Of course some will only accept 12 months but it never hurts to ask for a shorter term.

Good luck with your search smile.png