Palestinian leader accuses Israel of 'genocide' at UN

Lite Beer

but what if it's Jews Against Genocide (JAG) who are the ones protesting?

There are plenty of Jews who have all different opinions on everything. There are even Jewish Nazis. Every culture has fringe groups.

Anybody who identifies as anti-Zionist, even if one professes to be Jewish, cannot be considered anything other than a representative of a very marginal group in the Jewish world.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-Ed-Contributors/The-real-nature-of-Jewish-anti-Zionists

Are you saying that a Jew can be anti-zionist but really can't be anti-semitic? This matter has always been muddy for me.

For example, I often identify with anti-semitism but the opinions I enjoy most are those of Jews. I find it hard to hate individual Jews but I often hate their collective opinions. In fact, on this forum, it is the Jewish posters who keep it alive and interesting. Their opinions are always well supported and although it is easy to disagree with the Jewish bias, the forum would not be interesting without them.

As soon as the UN opinion is released, it will likely be that the Israeli's were over the top in their war against the Palestinians. Only the Jews will disagree and the air will be full of bias and anti-semetism comments. A strike is not a strike until the umpire rules it so. We are then stuck with the ruling. Arguing judgement calls with the deciders is generally considered bad form

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know which posters are Jewish? The only poster that I know is Jewish on this forum is Jingthing - and maybe one or two others - and I'm pretty sure that they are all actually atheists. Most of the pro-Israel posters are neither one. I personally believe that some Jews are anti-Semitic - self-hating Jews - but I was raised a Catholic, so I don't think I get a vote.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

What will happen with all overseas/foreign IDF soldiers if UN and ICC come to a final verdict or condemnation of Israel in war crimes, genocide, crimes against humanity, deportation, etc...?

Will they be free to circulate into Western countries ?

That's a good question.

These brave soldiers might be legally vulnerable.

The U.N. will do what they will do.

Their absurd and unfair bias against Israel reveals that they lack credibility.

Since when are IDF soldiers brave when they're sniping children when they play ?

Are these kind of soldiers legally invulnerable ?

Which country can reject these crimes of war ?

Is this an exception ?

You must be joking ... there is nothing much of anything in this video - a blue arrow pointing to what? Pointing to something on a rooftop that is not discernible... This video made or edited by Hamas sympathizers shows nothing... Hamas Propaganda courtesy of a film showing nothing.

• Like 1

Quite a few Israel demonizers have said that Israel should not exist and that it should be destroyed. Others believe it in private, but don't come out and say it in public, because it would give their game away. They concentrate on lies and baseless charges like accusing Israel of "ethnic cleansing." rolleyes.gif

SeaStallion has already said in another thread that Israel should not exist. It is hardly a secret where his sympathies lie.

Point that out to us please....and if you just put a quote, make sure you quote me fully and in context.

Context will be important.

I don't read UG's usual blather, but of course when he's quoted, I can't help but see it....seems he is a mind reader! He knows what people think in private. Amazing.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Following is your entire post in question, without <snips> and in full.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"If the state of Israel hadn't been created in the first place, there would be no need for Palestinians to protest with violence."

The post can be found here and is numbered 171: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753213-gaza-conflict-truce-ends-amid-fresh-fighting/page-7

Spin away.

You're expecting what you will call "spin" as you know full well that my statement does not indicate that I think Israel should not exist.

If it hadn't been created....but it was.

If I hadn't cooked some strawberry jam I wouldn't have ants in the kitchen. I still want my strawberry jam though.

'Try again chucky.

Every country kills civilians by mistake during wartime. If the UN penalizes Israel, they would be subject to the same treatment. It ain't going to happen. rolleyes.gif

The UN has one standard for Israel and another standard for every other country.

Interesting coincidence that Israel is the one and only Jewish state on the planet.

You're right, there is a double standard; Israel has been breaching international laws for decades, with impunity.

Please point out what is irrational and what is a lie.

Common knowledge hardly needs proof....but then, if you keep on saying it's a lie, some ignorant people will believe you.

Sure thing, mate. Not taking your troll bait. True it on somewhere else.
Whenever faced with what you don't want to face, it's either anti-semitism or trolling.

In your case, both probably apply.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Every country kills civilians by mistake during wartime. If the UN penalizes Israel, they would be subject to the same treatment. It ain't going to happen. rolleyes.gif

The UN has one standard for Israel and another standard for every other country.

Interesting coincidence that Israel is the one and only Jewish state on the planet.

You're right, there is a double standard; Israel has been breaching international laws for decades, with impunity.

Could you name a few of those laws and cite an origin and an authority to levy those 'laws' ... If it is some edict of the UN then it is laughable ... you mean that organization that places countries like Iran on their Human Rights Counsel? 555555555

• Like 1

Could you name a few of those laws and cite an origin and an authority to levy those 'laws' ... If it is some edict of the UN then it is laughable ... you mean that organization that places countries like Iran on their Human Rights Counsel? 555555555

Indeed.

Since its inception in 2006, the UNHRC has released a total of 103 resolutions. Astonishingly, 56 have focused on criticizing Israel. The UNHRC has held a total of 21 special sessions to address dire humanitarian crises throughout the world. One has addressed Sudan, another Sri Lanka, another Ivory Coast and another Libyawhile 7 of the 21 special sessions have irrationally targeted Israel.

http://time.com/3060203/united-nations-human-rights-council-israel/

• Like 1

Sorry to burst your blatant lie bubble, but the IDFā€™s civilian-to-terrorist death ratio is the lowest in the world. rolleyes.gif

There is no lower limit to the number of people on which acts of genocide may be committed.

Genocide... the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group (or the attempt thereof)...

Sounds like Hamas and their mania to exterminate the Jews of Israel and Israel itself. Israel is not attempting to exterminate the Arabs in the area (AITA)... Quite the opposite ... Israelis just want to be left alone without being rocketed and bombed by the AITA... who go by the assumed name 'Palestinian'. And many Arabs live inside Israel - a peaceful coexistence ...

Your definition of "genocide" proves that Israel is indeed on a genocidal mission. The Hamas is a political group. Israel wants to exterminate it. Genocide.

The Geneva Conventions are just one set of examples.

Numerous breaches of those conventions have occurred. The use of white phosphorous and settlements on occupied land are two examples of those breaches.

You know I could go on and on.

Here's something else...

Excerpted from ā€œThe International Laws of Belligerent Occupationā€

by Professor of International Law Francis Boyle

Belligerent occupation is governed by The Hague Regulations of 1907, as well as by the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949, and the customary laws of belligerent occupation..........The Fourth Geneva Convention applies to the West Bank, to the Gaza Strip, and to the entire City of Jerusalem,..........There are 149 substantive articles of the Fourth Geneva Convention that protect the rights of every one of these Palestinians living in occupied Palestine. The Israeli Government is currently violating, and has since 1967 been violating, almost each and every one of these sacred rights of the Palestinian People recognized by the Fourth Geneva Convention. Indeed, violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention are war crimes...........

Francis Boyle

This guy is a far left nutcase and a hater of Israel. Who would use his "legal" opinions as a reference. cheesy.gif

"In the meantime, the Palestinians should sign nothing with Jewistan/Israel and let this Bantustan for Jews collapse of its own racist and genocidal weight. Good riddance!"

-Francis Boyle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Boyle

• Like 1

SeaStallion has already said in another thread that Israel should not exist. It is hardly a secret where his sympathies lie.

Point that out to us please....and if you just put a quote, make sure you quote me fully and in context.

Context will be important.

I don't read UG's usual blather, but of course when he's quoted, I can't help but see it....seems he is a mind reader! He knows what people think in private. Amazing.

"If the state of Israel hadn't been created in the first place, there would be no need for Palestinians to protest with violence."

The post can be found here and is numbered 171: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753213-gaza-conflict-truce-ends-amid-fresh-fighting/page-7

Spin away.

You're expecting what you will call "spin" as you know full well that my statement does not indicate that I think Israel should not exist.

If I hadn't cooked some strawberry jam I wouldn't have ants in the kitchen. I still want my strawberry jam though.

'Try again chucky.

That's a pretty weak attempt at spin. I've seen you do much better spinning other poster's words than that one trying to spin your own words

The strawberry jam deflection is cute, though not in the least bit truthful. Strawberry jam isn't the only food item that will attract ants.

I would think you might have a bigger problem with dung beetles than ants.

My suggestion is to give this one up. You can't change what you said and what you said is very clear.

This is one of those "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" moments for you.

Live with it.

• Like 1

Spin away.

'Try again chucky.

That's a pretty weak attempt at spin. I've seen you do much better spinning other poster's words than that one trying to spin your own words

The strawberry jam deflection is cute, though not in the least bit truthful. Strawberry jam isn't the only food item that will attract ants.

I would think you might have a bigger problem with dung beetles than ants.

My suggestion is to give this one up. You can't change what you said and what you said is very clear.

This is one of those "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" moments for you.

Live with it.

It's not a weak attempt at spin because it is not spin. It's stating the facts and reality.

It is a simple (very simple) fact that if Israel did not exist, the conflict would not exist. It's inarguable.

You're extrapolating (falsely) when you allege that that means I have stated that I don't want Israel to exist.

As I said, try again chucky, or are your weary old bones getting tired from trying to find somewhere where I have stated that I don't want Israel to exist.? Give up...your effort will be fruitless and you will just tire your old brain some more. Go take a nap. Then when you have rested, come back and apologise for your false accusation.

Pretty much anyone who is sane wants to exterminate Hamas. They are a TERRORIST group.

But then there are the "anti-Zionists" from the far right and far left who openly have sympathies for Hamas.

Hmm.

Attorney Sfard's claim was that Israel operates differently to other civilized countries. He's right. Israel adopts a far more stringent approach than the British and Americans. But to hell with the facts. The propaganda machine will continue to churn out baseless claims.

The radical left and extreme right are divided on numerous issues. Yet when it comes to one particular issue, they are remarkably united ā€“ hatred for Israel and support for Hamas. Some would call it anti-Zionism. Its true name, unmasked, is anti-Semitism.

http://www.mideasttruth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11699&sid=64adce0a251b57ac172caef1a8570b96

Edited by Jingthing

Francis Boyle

This guy is a far left nutcase and a hater of Israel. Who would use his "legal" opinions as a reference. cheesy.gif

"In the meantime, the Palestinians should sign nothing with Jewistan/Israel and let this Bantustan for Jews collapse of its own racist and genocidal weight. Good riddance!"

-Francis Boyle

The same "anti-Zionist" Mr. Boyle credited with sparking the "divestment against Israel" movement?coffee1.gif

Francis Boyle

-Francis Boyle

The same "anti-Zionist" Mr. Boyle credited with sparking the "divestment against Israel" movement?coffee1.gif

Nice song albeit a tad preposterous to dare to suggest boycotting Japan because they kill whales before you think about boycotting Israel for their thousands of human murders.

UG:

This will be the next argument coming from some quarters on this forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Israel didn't exist what would Hamas and Hezbollah do with all those rockets?

If we didn't have the Jews to shoot at, we'd have to shoot them at each other.

Where's the fun in that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Childish, I know, yet some people actually believe this nonsense.

• Like 1

How do you know which posters are Jewish? The only poster that I know is Jewish on this forum is Jingthing - and maybe one or two others - and I'm pretty sure that they are all actually atheists. Most of the pro-Israel posters are neither one. I personally believe that some Jews are anti-Semitic - self-hating Jews - but I was raised a Catholic, so I don't think I get a vote.

In a similar vein ...

I am a defender of Israel and Israelis ... I am far from being Jewish... I happen to believe that they are in the right... Especially as opposed to the fanatic infidel haters on the Hamas side... If Israel was wiped off the map (as Hamas wishes) ... the fanatical Hamas group would just join up with ISIS and move on to kill all other infidels ... that is what they do ... that is all they do...

Bravo! Can I join the bandwagon? I keep repeating here that:

One does not have to be Jewish to see that Israel is used as a punching bag by all kinds of inadequates.

The muslims hate it for obvious reasons.

But I would be genuinely interested to know why so many TV members here are so fiercely antisemitic. And don't try to deny it.

Did they piss in your cuppa? Did they kill your daddy? Did your mum elope with one of them? Did they beheaded your neighbour? Or are you afraid that they are smarter than you?

I admire Jews of today. I admire their resilience. I wish my country behaved in the same way when threatened by this scourge of civilization.

And threatened it is just like yours.

And I am on their side because I hate big bullies openly trying to walk over smaller nations.

And I am on their side because I prefer intelligence, culture, science and humanity to medieval buffoons mumbling their hate slogans for the past millenium.

So, tell me, please what is it that keeps you on the opposite side?

• Like 2

It was as I expected, a media coup for the Palestinians... this recent Gaza debacle that Israel was compelled to enter in to. No doubt they continued in spite of the growing chorus of condemnation toward, what I imagine, was their goal in Gaza. But there would be a price to pay and that would come when the increased perception of Israel as a bully was exchanged for currency- like this OP indicates= turning public opinion into something tangible. With so many countries now islamic, and so many interacting countries near dhimmi (sychopantic towards muslims), it is only a matter of time before condemnation turns to action against Israel. Isreal was never one with many friends... why? No, not because of the regional land issue; its because they are jews! (A cursory look at history confirms this point. Protests that Israeli disdain is simply regarding Palestinian land are incredulous and do not comport with history. Israel has few friends because they are jews). In this context, Israel expected increased condemnation.

Israel cannot be surprised that they are virtually alone. They must also be keenly aware of it, as a people. Therefore, seeing their country's collective shift to the right is not a surprise, as they batten down the hatches. But the world should realize that a threatened, cornered, and determined people are a dangerous foe. Israel does not fight battles as the rest of the world knows war and battles. Israel's battles take place in mulitiple worlds.

In the eyes of all the participants of this issue this battle is fought simultaneously in the battlespace of spirit and scripture. The players are enacting a complex drama that each sees as serving to validate their divine mandate, and the unfolding of inevitable history, a terrifying determinism. This is an eschatological war first. Unless the world really grasps this they will continue to underestimate the threat to all of us. This local confict has the potenial at every turn to enlfame the entire world. You simply cannot divorce this overwhelming reality from the issue. One might want this issue to be about land... they may want the issue to be about justice... but this issue is about divine mandate first!

One final point regarding Israel's foes: these same peoples, in different guises, are at war with the entire world as well. Again, their war is eschatological. They are putting on the full armament of god to do battle in the flesh. Unless those of us who are addressing the ancillary problem of islamic jihad grasp the fact that our foe is fullfilling divine mandate we will be shortly destroyed. This is vital because divine mandate leaves no quarter, no negotiation, no compromise, nothing except the mandate.

In every manner, Israel is but a canary in a coal mine.

It was as I expected, a media coup for the Palestinians... this recent Gaza debacle that Israel was compelled to enter in to. No doubt they continued in spite of the growing chorus of condemnation toward, what I imagine, was their goal in Gaza. But there would be a price to pay and that would come when the increased perception of Israel as a bully was exchanged for currency- like this OP indicates= turning public opinion into something tangible. With so many countries now islamic, and so many interacting countries near dhimmi (sychopantic towards muslims), it is only a matter of time before condemnation turns to action against Israel. Isreal was never one with many friends... why? No, not because of the regional land issue; its because they are jews! (A cursory look at history confirms this point. Protests that Israeli disdain is simply regarding Palestinian land are incredulous and do not comport with history. Israel has few friends because they are jews). In this context, Israel expected increased condemnation.

Israel cannot be surprised that they are virtually alone. They must also be keenly aware of it, as a people. Therefore, seeing their country's collective shift to the right is not a surprise, as they batten down the hatches. But the world should realize that a threatened, cornered, and determined people are a dangerous foe. Israel does not fight battles as the rest of the world knows war and battles. Israel's battles take place in mulitiple worlds.

In the eyes of all the participants of this issue this battle is fought simultaneously in the battlespace of spirit and scripture. The players are enacting a complex drama that each sees as serving to validate their divine mandate, and the unfolding of inevitable history, a terrifying determinism. This is an eschatological war first. Unless the world really grasps this they will continue to underestimate the threat to all of us. This local confict has the potenial at every turn to enlfame the entire world. You simply cannot divorce this overwhelming reality from the issue. One might want this issue to be about land... they may want the issue to be about justice... but this issue is about divine mandate first!

One final point regarding Israel's foes: these same peoples, in different guises, are at war with the entire world as well. Again, their war is eschatological. They are putting on the full armament of god to do battle in the flesh. Unless those of us who are addressing the ancillary problem of islamic jihad grasp the fact that our foe is fullfilling divine mandate we will be shortly destroyed. This is vital because divine mandate leaves no quarter, no negotiation, no compromise, nothing except the mandate.

In every manner, Israel is but a canary in a coal mine.

Well said. I get you, though for my taste it is a bit too fancy.

Arjunadawn, let me interpret this for the benefit of those who've never seen a canary in a mine or a piece of litmus paper.

For all of you - democrats, liberals, 'freedom fight' supporters, anti-semites, politically correct, 'tolerantos', humanitarians and multiculturalists - warning!

Better keep Jews alive because IF(?) they are finished - you all are next !

Better don't push them in the corner - they will go with a big bang and take you with them !

As to the self appointed President of a self defined Nation of a self proclaimed State speaking at the Organization which cannot support self - I saw him talking. "We are not amused" comes to mind.

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 2

It looks like the genocide in Gaza has become a media cause celebre for the Swedes, who have recently decided to recognise the Palestinian state. Now, the next question is why doesn't Palestine just unilaterally declare statehood? They don't need Israel's approval (as if they would get it anyway), and it may force the lily-livered hand-wringers in the UN to bugger off to cloud cuckoo land where they belong. Then Palestine, the newly independent state, could figure out if it wants a war with its neighbour or not. But it sure should not wait on permission from Israel, the USA or the UN. Much better to force the hand of the international community. Make them recognise what we all know exists - a separate Palestinian state that is occupied by the the Israeli Army (and please stop mis-calling them the Israeli Defence Force, or IDF - they are about as concerned with defence as is Mike Tyson).

• Like 1

It looks like the genocide in Gaza has become a media cause celebre for the Swedes, who have recently decided to recognise the Palestinian state. Now, the next question is why doesn't Palestine just unilaterally declare statehood? They don't need Israel's approval (as if they would get it anyway), and it may force the lily-livered hand-wringers in the UN to bugger off to cloud cuckoo land where they belong. Then Palestine, the newly independent state, could figure out if it wants a war with its neighbour or not. But it sure should not wait on permission from Israel, the USA or the UN. Much better to force the hand of the international community. Make them recognise what we all know exists - a separate Palestinian state that is occupied by the the Israeli Army (and please stop mis-calling them the Israeli Defence Force, or IDF - they are about as concerned with defence as is Mike Tyson).

Sweden, you say?coffee1.gif

Big surprise!rolleyes.gif

Modern European antisemitism -- a poisonous mixture of left wing "progressives", Muslims, and neo-Nazi types.

Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes Sweden's reputation as a tolerant, liberal nation is being threatened by a steep rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes in the city of Malmo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/7278532/Jews-leave-Swedish-city-after-sharp-rise-in-anti-Semitic-hate-crimes.html

Yes the Palestinian leaders, such as they are, can choose to pursue international recognition without the cooperation of Israel ... I wouldn't blame them, but I don't see how that works exactly given the geography.

Edited by Jingthing