Renting A House

podge

hello all, i have been renting a condo in chiang mai now for a month, and still have 2 months to go before i look for some-where else, as i have family coming to visit at the end of the year, i thought i would rent a 2/3 bedroom house, as some of them seem quite cheap.

we really like the security, and safety of the condo, and my girlfriend who is also from the uk, is a bit worried that we may get broken into or something. are the houses safe and are there many burgularys here?do some of them have security guards? or is it certain areas which have trouble, just looking for a little encouragment reallly.

she is also worried about the bugs :o

thankyou

paul

This place is available in a (walled) moobaan very, very close to town, next to CMU and everyother conveinience known to (farang) man..Hands down the best moobaan in CM , if not SE Asia.. The cost, 20,000 baht per month..5 bedrooms ,western kitchen, and a massive garden...Ideal for those who enjoy an elfresco lifestyle..Oh, almost forgot, great views of Doi Suthep..

post-31110-1153460350.jpg

post-31110-1153460381.jpg

Try a walled Moo bahn, there's literally hundreds of them all over Chiang Mai.

Are you implying that non-walled moo baans are not as safe? Are there some areas more risky than the others?

I am moving to Chiangmai with my 3 year old and most of the time there will be just me and him. I haven't got any karate skills under my belt to kick as$, but I do own a full range of steel woks and sauce pans. :o

Try a walled Moo bahn, there's literally hundreds of them all over Chiang Mai.

Are you implying that non-walled moo baans are not as safe? Are there some areas more risky than the others?

I am moving to Chiangmai with my 3 year old and most of the time there will be just me and him. I haven't got any karate skills under my belt to kick as$, but I do own a full range of steel woks and sauce pans. :o

I guess what they are implying is that a community with a big wall around it and gates manned by sucurity guards who also patrol said community will have less strangers wandering around and probably be safer :D

I'm thinking your woks are as good as a black belt :D

I guess what they are implying is that a community with a big wall around it and gates manned by sucurity guards who also patrol said community will have less strangers wandering around and probably be safer :D

I'm thinking your woks are as good as a black belt :D

Reading that back , its a good description of a prison :o Not sure if they're the safest place to be :D:D:D

thanks for replying, that looks nice and i like the idea of walls round. its a bit out of my price range though, was looking for something around 7000 per month. maybe my budget is to low for a walled moo bahn.

are break-ins common here? i havent seen any crime here so far.

post-32315-1153549436.jpgYou can find something in your price range. Our house is in Hang Dong, about 12 km from Chiang Mai. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, approx. 1100 sq ft (100 sq meters), in a walled community with regular security patrols, on motorcycle and bicycle, even into the early morning hours. 6000 Baht per month, unfurnished.