Next Friday's talk to the people...

sfokevin

Now that you mention it, what is the reason that Thais insist on backing into parking spots? Usually it takes them 10 minutes and several tries to even get into them, while they hold up traffic. It seems totally pointless. Anybody know what's going through their heads, other than the wind?

Edited by curtklay

On this one I side with the Thai's, the spaces are too small and straight (i.e. not angled) making it far more difficult to back out without hitting something or doing it quickly, there it is MUCH better to back in based on the lot designs. Unless your car has rear end steering.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

We had this debate less then a month ago?

I reckon backing is is the way to go, depending on the situation.

Let's change the world because sfokevin wants us to ... rolleyes.gif

On this one I have to go with sfokevin

​In my home country often a parking lot specifically post that backing in is not allowed due to carbon blowing out the exhaust

Timely thread, in our Big 'C' parking bays are straight and small, a lady had reversed in and couldn't maneuver out forward of her parking space, as trucks had parked forward either side very close and there were cars and trucks opposite.

With little room she went backwards and forwards not making any progress, I asked my wife to ask her if I could help and she seemed relieved of the offer, after about twenty turns or so backwards and front on full lock turns with wife and her telling me when to stop, managed to get the Accord out.

Next Fridays talk, tell em to make parking bays at an angle as already said, and wider too, then it doesn't matter which way in you go IMO.

Edited by Kwasaki

We had this debate less then a month ago?

I reckon backing is is the way to go, depending on the situation.

Let's change the world because sfokevin wants us to ... rolleyes.gif

On this one I have to go with sfokevin

​In my home country often a parking lot specifically post that backing in is not allowed due to carbon blowing out the exhaust

Is your 'home country' Thailand?

Would the 'carbon blowing out the exhaust' stop because you park front in?

Asking ... not telling

I created this thread out of frustration because the other day we had to want 5 minutes while someone pulled their car halfway out of the stall so they could get their shopping cart to where the trunk was!!!

Wow, a whole 5 minutes............xmellow.png.pagespeed.ic.HU9LzmAHjt.png

I created this thread out of frustration because the other day we had to want 5 minutes while someone pulled their car halfway out of the stall so they could get their shopping cart to where the trunk was!!!

So what's the difference waiting 5 minutes for them to load or 10 minutes for them to pull out because they can't do it in such small spaces? It may have even taken longer if they hit someones car or worse yet a pedestrian, have some perspective, such a small thing to get riled up over, there's plenty more really important things in Thailand to do that with.

Edited by WarpSpeed

I like backing in to a parking spot....but parallel parking is the greatest way to park!

But, some people still manage to make a meal of it!

attachicon.gifpark car.JPG

Good lord! How the hell? That's not a monster truck? How could it climb another car like that and the driver not have clue what was happening? Christ! there's some clueless drivers out there..

Edited by WarpSpeed